The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Switching to sambo visa from a student visa

I have some questions

Elvising
post 8.Apr.2015, 03:59 PM
Post #16

I know it's out of topic. Sorry for this.
Does anyone know how long it takes for Migrationsverket or Migrationsverket court of appeal to answer about a case rejection?
Waiting times for a normal application were 14-18 months but now Migrationsverket is so failure so they can't even provide that anymore. Based on what they write on their website.
But I can't find anywhere how long it takes for appeal cases.
Any information would help.
Go to the top of the page
+
andy_sh32
post 11.May.2015, 10:31 AM
Post #17

I have ready so many feedback on what is need it to switch from student visa to Sambo visa but can anyone explain what is need to change to work permit if you are a master student already what would be the terms and regulation
+
samrawit
post 7.May.2019, 06:20 PM
Post #18

I have exactly the same case,in 2019,i wonder how ot ended up for you since your post was on 2014,eagerly to know
+
Family_permit
post 7.May.2019, 10:06 PM
Post #19

It is not possible to switch from one type of RP to another without leaving the country, that’s the latest 2019 news. Also, it is not recommended to “try” your luck as you might get deported and get 5years entry ban
+
apanda
post 20.Oct.2019, 07:12 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Family_permit @ 7.May.2019, 11:06 PM) *
It is not possible to switch from one type of RP to another without leaving the country, that’s the latest 2019 news. Also, it is not recommended to “try” your luck as y ... (show full quote)

Can you be more specific? Has something changed in 2019 such that it is no longer allowed to apply for a new permit from within, as long as the old permit hasn't expired yet? I know that sometimes a person is asked to leave Sweden briefly while the sambo application is actively being decided, but as far as I'm aware it's perfectly fine to submit the application from within Sweden and remain here until MV says otherwise.

And I thought the only reason for re-entry ban is if you stay illegally, which would not be the case if you apply for a new permit before the old permit expires. In that case you can stay until the new permit is decided, and even if rejected you have around 7-8 weeks to leave, more if you appeal the decision. Has this changed?
+
Panika
post 21.Oct.2019, 06:30 AM
Post #21

of course you can apply for visa RENEWAL while in Sweden before old one is expired, that is how it works but if you applying for NEW visa, that is the new type of visa (from work to family visa) you need to leave and apply again from outside of Sweden.
+
champaignepapi
post 21.Oct.2019, 11:37 AM
Post #22

QUOTE (Panika @ 21.Oct.2019, 07:30 AM) *
of course you can apply for visa RENEWAL while in Sweden before old one is expired, that is how it works but if you applying for NEW visa, that is the new type of visa (from w ... (show full quote)

Whaaa? Really? Damn, it was possible to apply for a work visa while holding a student visa without having to leave the country! That's what I did, it was almost 5 years ago though. They're really making it hard for people who actually want to be here.
+
Panika
post 21.Oct.2019, 12:54 PM
Post #23

i think for student to work switch is ok but from work to family (and other way around) is a problem

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...have-a-job.html
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: