The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Ways to meet people from your own country in Swede

Facebook groups, clubs, I've no idea.

Mad Hatter
post 24.May.2016, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Simply put, I miss the English sense of humour, and in my 3 years of being in Sweden, haven't found anyone that I would consider a "friend". As tragic as that sounds, I genuinely have been open minded, tried to adapt, it just hasn't happened yet. So I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that I could meet or simply talk to English people in Sweden? Facebook groups, whatsapp groups, I don't know.

Any help would be appreciated.

MH
Go to the top of the page
+
davor
post 8.Oct.2016, 07:21 PM
Post #2

heheh
not that long in sweden but experienced excatly the same. i'm not an english man but i found that swe ppl missing that sense of humor biggrin.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 8.Oct.2016, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Why should Swedes be expected to have an "English" sense of humour???
+
Hisingen
post 9.Oct.2016, 02:03 PM
Post #4

That is because it is the Swedes who must adapt to the b***y immigrants and not the other way round.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif You should realize that by now GH, you see enough of it on here.
+
swede-beard
post 11.Oct.2016, 01:57 PM
Post #5

i would have to dissagree with this, i lived in sweden for 5 years and found that once i stopped comparing the swedish culture, society to my home countries customs and way of living and fully committed to being part of the community i found it refreshingly nice to be exposed to a different audience so to speak, and i can still be witty in swedish you just have to pick your times so it doesnt come off as being arrogant, be happy within yourself and other will see it to, im returning to sweden before christmas to live in Malmslätt Linköping im originally from liverpool england and turning 30 soon i like to watch football play snooker, and love my downhill bike sessions so if anyone would like a fellow englishman to help them intergrate better into swedish society and introduce you to some really nice swedish people that i consider good friends feel free to pm me and we'll meet up

För övrigt anser jag att försvarsbudgeten bör fördubblas.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: