The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
125 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »    Reply to this topic

Work permit waiting time statistics

Let us share

Anget
post 28.Apr.2016, 08:21 PM
Post #106

Share exact dates with us, please.

@alex29 I applied on 28th Dec, called mv 3 days ago and they said they are on 15 April for extensions. The ETA seems to be accurate, they told me mine should take max 1 more month if all my docs are in.
Go to the top of the page
+
Alex29
post 29.Apr.2016, 02:54 PM
Post #107

QUOTE (Anget @ 28.Apr.2016, 08:21 PM) *
@alex29 I applied on 28th Dec, called mv 3 days ago and they said they are on 15 April for extensions. The ETA seems to be accurate, they told me mine should take max 1 more m ... (show full quote)

April 15? Hm... That would mean they're just 2 weeks behind, which sounds too good.

MV is extremely unlikely processing applications by mid of April at the moment. On other hand, it is really strange you did not receive decision yet, since to our knowledge, they've finished processing 2015 applications for extensions about a month ago.
+
Anget
post 30.Apr.2016, 12:17 AM
Post #108

QUOTE (Anget @ 28.Apr.2016, 08:21 PM) *
@alex29 I applied on 28th Dec, called mv 3 days ago and they said they are on 15 April for extensions. The ETA seems to be accurate, they told me mine should take max 1 more m ... (show full quote)

April 15? Hm... That would mean they're just 2 weeks behind, which sounds too good.

MV is extremely unlikely processing applications by mid of April at the moment. On other hand, it is really strange you did not receive decision yet, since to our knowledge, they've finished processing 2015 applications for extensions about a month ago.

@Alex29 Where did you get that information that they've finished processing applications for extension from 2015 on though?

All I can see throughout this thread is that Shabs who applied on 15th Sept just got his decision 31st March and Camembert who applied 8 December just got his decision April 18th. So my estimate seems to be fairly accurate based on what I see here on the forums and what MV tells me. If Camembert applied on 8th December and got his 2 weeks ago, seems likely they are on April 15th now.
+
Alex29
post 30.Apr.2016, 12:11 PM
Post #109

QUOTE (Anget @ 30.Apr.2016, 12:17 AM) *
@Alex29 Where did you get that information that they've finished processing applications for extension from 2015 on though? All I can see throughout this thread is that Sh ... (show full quote)

Many people got their applications processing delayed due to MV requesting additional information.
+
nithor01
post 2.May.2016, 12:51 PM
Post #110

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 29.Apr.2016, 03:54 PM) *
April 15? Hm... That would mean they're just 2 weeks behind, which sounds too good.MV is extremely unlikely processing applications by mid of April at the moment. On other ... (show full quote)

are they really handling the extension applications of 15th March ? i applied on 17th!
+
Anget
post 2.May.2016, 03:24 PM
Post #111

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 29.Apr.2016, 03:54 PM) *
April 15? Hm... That would mean they're just 2 weeks behind, which sounds too good.MV is extremely unlikely processing applications by mid of April at the moment. On other ... (show full quote)

are they really handling the extension applications of 15th March ? i applied on 17th!

They could very well be lying to me but this was the answer given straight to me from the team leader of the work permit department in the Stockholm Unit. So I think it is dependent on which commun you are in as well. smile.gif
+
nithor01
post 3.May.2016, 11:45 AM
Post #112

QUOTE (Anget @ 2.May.2016, 04:24 PM) *
They could very well be lying to me but this was the answer given straight to me from the team leader of the work permit department in the Stockholm Unit. So I think it is dep ... (show full quote)

i guess it could be December or January applications now they are handling, it is more unlikely
+
Anget
post 3.May.2016, 01:47 PM
Post #113

Oh dear. I am sorry for this mixup and confusion guys. I read back on my replies and they are not processing the applications from 15 April, they are currently processing the applications from 15 December. So that was why they said it would most likely take 1 more month for my application which I filed 28th December.

Sorry for the confusion! smile.gif No wonder I was confused when Alex29 said April 15th sounds too good. In my head, it was Dec 15th and i thought that was still taking too long!
+
Unfake
post 3.May.2016, 01:51 PM
Post #114

Anget, They can easily lie. Some of the case officers don't care about the things they say. I applied at the beginning of December 2015 any my officer 7 weeks ago asked me to send additional papers (I've sent them next day and they were complete, he confirmed that I don't need to send anything more). He also told me that he is going to check those next week and make a decision in two-three weeks. After three weeks passed he told me that he is working with December cases right now and in two weeks will take a look. Two weeks passed (right now already one month passed) and nothing happened. As a reasons why nothing changed he said that he can be sick, he can be on courses or have higher prio tasks. At the same moment people around me have got their decisions after 1,2 and 3 months.
+
jack terry
post 4.May.2016, 04:49 AM
Post #115

i have a question
i applied a new work permit application on 29 jan 2016 online from india. My boss says he called migationverket and they say case officer is alloted in march. but when i cal last week migrationverket they said case officer is not alloted yet. i dont know which information is correct
+
Mistress_Of_Doom
post 4.May.2016, 08:12 AM
Post #116

Can someone tell me what happens to my visa application if I decided to travel to Sweden anyway for under 90 days? Does it go to the back of the processing queue once I go back to my country of residence? I did tell them I would be in Sweden until June. And also is it possible to get a Swedish working visa while working in another European country? I'm from New Zealand but have friends in Holland that can give me a job but I want to know if that's allowed, or if I definitely have to go back to NZ to wait.
+
hatim
post 4.May.2016, 08:41 AM
Post #117

QUOTE (jack terry @ 4.May.2016, 04:49 AM) *
i have a question i applied a new work permit application on 29 jan 2016 online from india. My boss says he called migationverket and they say case officer is alloted in march ... (show full quote)

I called today to enquire about my extension process. The answer I got was that it takes 4-7 months for a case officer to get started with extension case (It has been 5 months for me and I don't seem to have a case officer). So what ever is your maximum overall estimated processing time you can assume that you will get case officer at the end. Also coming few months will be slow because of summer vacations so I am preparing for even more wait.
+
cherif
post 4.May.2016, 08:47 AM
Post #118

QUOTE (hatim @ 4.May.2016, 08:41 AM) *
I called today to enquire about my extension process. The answer I got was that it takes 4-7 months for a case officer to get started with extension case (It has been 5 months ... (show full quote)

Hello,

If one is able to remain in Sweden and continue to work for his company and get payed every month while waiting for his extension to be approved, why care if it takes 2, 3, 4 or 8 months ? rolleyes.gif
+
littleviking
post 4.May.2016, 09:44 AM
Post #119

ppl care about the time because they cant leave the country neither for work nor for any other reason.
while your job doesn't imply any work outside of sweden a lot of peoples do, and the fact that you cant perform your job requirements it is a problem.
or they have family in their home that they cannot visit or go and take care of in case of emergency.
+
Anget
post 4.May.2016, 12:42 PM
Post #120

Yes and the insecurity that comes with not having a valid visa to stay. Which means that any 1 day, you can be asked to leave the country. That makes it hard to plan 1,2,3 months ahead and of course, the life that you've built here might be gone because of a single decision from MV.

I've had many people ask me this same question but I don't expect them to understand unless they are in my shoe. smile.gif
+

125 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: