The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Best streaming option

Viaplay, HBO or Netflix

wondering_again
post 14.Feb.2014, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I was wondering which streaming option is best .

The options seem to be Viaplay, HBO or Netflix.

Any idea which has the best content ? I understand that Netflix's content in Sweden has lesser content than the one in America.

Any other issues ?

There was also a service called Magine.se but they seem to be still a work in progress.

Thanks
W
Go to the top of the page
+
Ivor stephé
post 14.Feb.2014, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Netflix is the most popular streaming service in Sweden.
And there are ways you can see US content as well as other nations with a few small changes.
+
timmah
post 14.Feb.2014, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Also check out the 'viaplay boxen' - so on top of the on-demand stuff which you can still use on your phone/computer/tablet you get a load of channels most of which are HD via the internet connected set top box.

http://viaplay.se/viaplayboxen
+
cherrybubble
post 14.Feb.2014, 05:38 PM
Post #4

We have netflix here in Sweden and the choices are definitely more restricted than they were in the states. That said, we've seen them adding lots of titles very quickly, so I think they are definitely trying to make it good.
+
Mib
post 14.Feb.2014, 05:49 PM
Post #5

Watch Netflix over wireless to my Apple TV and streams flawlessly!! ViaPlay stuttered continuously, although they seemed to have a better film selection at the time.
+
snarky
post 14.Feb.2014, 06:49 PM
Post #6

I really enjoy Viaplay, but I mainly use it for sports since some of the sports aren't shown on my viasat for tv but are shown on viaplay.
+
Opalnera
post 14.Feb.2014, 11:27 PM
Post #7

Not that I would EVER suggest doing something illegal but apparently you can download an app that allows you to view the US content. I tried Netflix for a while but it was crap, the programming is years old. This whole TV gambit has me absolutely furious, 2000kr a year TV tax and I don't even own a TV or ever watch TV because it's so effing crap. All so Swedes can have advertisement free TV, on the rare occasion I have been subjected to watching television at a friend or relative's place I can honestly say I'd RATHER watch hours of advertisements. /endrant
+
rentz
post 18.Feb.2014, 10:45 AM
Post #8

They all have their own strengths, the greatest imho are these:
Netflix - Excellent selection of movies and shows if you make use of the tricks to use Netflix from USA or any other country for that matter.
HBO - their strength - their own shows, always available the day after original airdate.
Viaplay - The best thing about Viaplay is the offline feature - great for using the tablet in the car, train and such if you are a lot of the move and reception can be an issue.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: