The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >   Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

Svedallas
post 20.Sep.2019, 04:50 PM
Post #151

QUOTE (djmarko @ 18.Sep.2019, 01:26 PM) *
why is he arrogant? he just stated his reasons for why he reacts to some Swedes the way he does

I'm luckier than most "immigrants" we are quite wealthy and own a lot of property

Arrogant

Pepito is clearly still miserable in Sweden. Why are you even here?
No friends? you spend all your time here.

Get.a.life.
Go to the top of the page
+
gsurya
post 21.Sep.2019, 10:26 AM
Post #152

For every immigrant complaining and being so tired of living in Sweden on this thread, there are 10 immigrants who are quite grateful and happy.

Dont get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with factually debating areas where Sweden needs improvements, eg immigration, housing, tax reforms etc. But most of the posts here are general unverifiable complaints.

The problem is that whiners spam such forums with their repeated and constant posts, while the happy ones just enjoy life outside such discussions. I am one of this latter lot smile.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 21.Sep.2019, 12:10 PM
Post #153

Spot on...

Happy people rarely post here, only those that see Swe-Nazis under their bed do laugh.gif
+
seekaid
post 21.Sep.2019, 01:41 PM
Post #154

Aaahhhh, the joys of culture shock!!!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 21.Sep.2019, 01:48 PM
Post #155

You'll see a lot of it here...
+
Gjeebes
post 27.Sep.2019, 04:20 AM
Post #156

"there are 10 immigrants who are quite grateful and happy."

Sure, Meatballia is a step-forward from the 3rd world. While for others, it is 2 steps backwards.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 28.Sep.2019, 06:41 AM
Post #157

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 27.Sep.2019, 05:20 AM) *
"there are 10 immigrants who are quite grateful and happy.". Sure, Meatballia is a step-forward from the 3rd world. While for others, it is 2 steps backwards.

Bingo

A free shit sandwich is better than no sandwich at all.
+
Gjeebes
post 2.Oct.2019, 05:54 PM
Post #158

"A free shit sandwich is better than no sandwich at all."

G-strang, would you agree? Did you enjoy your shitsnack?
+
mayin2018
post 12.Oct.2019, 03:17 AM
Post #159

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 20.Jun.2018, 10:39 PM) *
People come in, they spend their money trying to survive and many will leave with less money in their pockets and frustrated with the passive aggressiveness and the passivity ... (show full quote)

I'm astonished that I got same speculation as you....I always have same feeling as you after i have been living in Sweden more than one year. but I have never talked to any others... we did run out of our money and ruined our career at the meantime.

we learnt lots good things about Sweden, and of course it is one of the most beautiful country in the world in summer. but here is my experience of living in Sweden

1. i was rejected given a personal number in more than one and half year. (long story about some administration mistake) all decisions from government against each other...
2. then rejected to get enrolled in SFI
3. zero possibility to find a legal first-hand leasing contract
4. waiting in the queue of housing system and need 7 years in average to get first hand contract
5. looking for sublet and pay 10000 per month / very difficult to get long-term 2nd hand contract
6. ran out of all the money my husband brought from home country
7. since he's been here for almost 4 years, he has simply no way to go back. and need to get PR for earning all the money back. but according to migrationsverket, if no first hand contract or own apartment. it is less possible to get us PR.
8. so ! we went to the bank in order to get a loan and decided to buy an apartment. as we all know the interest rate is interesting, and also can get tax refund for the interest of housing loan.bank just say no as I don't have a job.
9. so! we sold out our apartment in home country. and bought an apartment. and we clearly know that we still need to pay 4000 per month for only water (warm water not even included) and some invisible services and the debt that property developer owed. and we clearly know that the apartment is not ours, we have no right to rent out without forening's permission.
10. I paid 5000 for a monthly Swedish course in a private university.
11. I've been looking for a job, i did get some interview. and i do want to share this.
reception jobs in a beauty and massage shop. boss asked me for referees to do background check. i sent it to her and then no reply. after i asked, she just simply replied that the position is filled. is it common in Sweden that conduct reference check without any intention to offer a job? but the boss is an immigrant. just FYI

another marketing job who required financial support from government (means government pay 80% of salary offered to employee). I went to argbetformedlingen and of course a big Nej. I'm not eligible to it. but per the official website, the integration plan for immigrants are so attractive and it says i'm eligible. they just say Nej without check...

and lot other terrible experiences that i have never been went through.

my confidence collapsed and i deeply doubt my capabilities and there is always a weird feel around me about Sweden. i don't know what was that feeling.

before I achieved my master in France and have few working experiences over there. i never had similar feeling in France as I have in Sweden. i mean i'm not someone without overseas experiences. living in Paris is also difficult but those difficulties is what I'm able to overcome.

2 years means a lot to me. but I just wasted my time in Sweden.

Me and my husband didn't take any advantage of Sweden and of course will never be allowed to those advocated non-exist benefit. We don't have kid.

I was severely sick last year and i went to the vardcentral, they asked me to make appointment by telephone, and i called, the guys just asked me to take alvedon....

I wrote this as I'm depressed and i feel i fucked up my life. my husband are depressed as well but he can do nothing but carry on. if he didn't come, our financial condition and career will be much more better.

Now I'm indifferent to all the things. i finally get enrolled in SFI. when new arrived classmates talking about their life and plan in Sweden, I just listen and don't want to involve in this stupid topic.

If you don't like my real experience or feel offensive, just ignore.

I only want to share and let others who plan to move to Sweden know real life in Sweden. cause no one will tell you in advance. the silence here is horrible. maybe you will find out some regulation or entitlement in Sweden after 10 years, as people won't mention it to you only if you find yourself. and don't easily believe what was written on official website. 80% are not eligible to you.

moving here is money pit. you always been told " if you do this, you will get...then you still have to do that, then you will get..." once all done. you get nothing, don't complain, if you're not happy, get back to your country. the benefit and job opportunities belongs to Swedes only! if you're not able to please swedes, then it's your problem. it is you cannot fit in. how come Swedes take tax / money from us, exploit the labor and ask us to please them, then tell us you're not eligible to the benefit cause it is only belongs to Swedes....

i'm worried if my comments will be tracked and recorded by government. and those true comments will upset swedes and Swedish government. which will make my life more difficult. this is what i worried now even though i think it is ridicules having those feeling. if you reveal sth that is true and disgraceful that they don't want others know, you will get in trouble. here they don't punish you directly but just do it silently.

+
bonviveur
post 12.Oct.2019, 08:31 AM
Post #160

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 12.Oct.2019, 04:17 AM) *
I'm astonished that I got same speculation as you...I always have same feeling as you after i have been living in Sweden more than one year. but I have never talked to any ... (show full quote)

do not waste your time in such situation,look at other opportunities in other countrys etc., you will make it at the end, all the best
+
TheExpatEagle
post 12.Oct.2019, 06:39 PM
Post #161

People who complain that it isn't possible to get a first hand contract without a 7+ year wait is just plainly wrong!

There are many private housing associations who don't have waiting lists and also some employ a first come policy. These are not crap places either and alot of them are in good locations in major cities.

I don't think the system should change just because it isn't advantageous to foreigners. The system should work for Swedes and the rest of us just have to like it or lump it.
+
Svedallas
post 12.Oct.2019, 08:46 PM
Post #162

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 12.Oct.2019, 04:17 AM) *
I'm astonished that I got same speculation as you...I always have same feeling as you after i have been living in Sweden more than one year. but I have never talked to any ... (show full quote)

You cannot move to Sweden and expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter.
As other posters have said, it is best you find another country to suit your needs.

Also note, it will take several years to learn Swedish.

If you have no family or friends here. I suggest you move to another country.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Oct.2019, 09:15 PM
Post #163

Unfortunately people who have a happy life in Sweden rarely(NEVER)post here, it would be nice to see positive experiences once in a while...
+
mayin2018
post 12.Oct.2019, 11:30 PM
Post #164

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 12.Oct.2019, 08:31 AM) *
do not waste your time in such situation,look at other opportunities in other countrys etc., you will make it at the end, all the best

thanks! i will of course leave and get back to my home country. I'm here to share my experience and find a way out.
+
mayin2018
post 12.Oct.2019, 11:48 PM
Post #165

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 12.Oct.2019, 06:39 PM) *
People who complain that it isn't possible to get a first hand contract without a 7+ year wait is just plainly wrong!There are many private housing associations who do ... (show full quote)

i'm not complaining about the housing system. but frustrated about the second hand contract. how come people are not allowed to rent out their own apartment without permission and no more than one year? the purpose is good but it turn out the it makes it difficult to find long term apartment. and it is absolutely more expensive if rent an apartment from private housing associations. first hand housing association also apply first come policy, it is normally short term lease. the chance to get this kind of apartment is like lottery. once again just share my experience, if this make any one feel uncomfortable, just ignore. And i hope more refugees can come and settle in this country cause this is a really good destination for them. and i saw lots happy face of immigrants here as well especially when talk to Swedes. i guess they are really grateful. and Swedes really need this.
+

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: