The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish Personal Number

Deregistered before and try to Activate the same

sridhard1982
post 16.May.2017, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Hi All,

I've been working on and off in Sweden since 2011. Initially, for couple of years, I could not get my personal number - due to short visits that lasted about 1-3 months. It is understandable.

In 2014, I got my personal number, as my visa duration and intended duration of stay was more than a year. When I returned to my country in 2014, I had de-registered or deactivated my personal number.

In 2015, when I came back, I just requested Skatterverket for activation of the personal number and they did - as my visa duration and intended duration of stay was more than a year.

Now, when I returned in 2016, I just had a visa for 2 months and an intended duration of stay was at least an year. But, the tax officials rejected my request for activation of personal number.

My question for my friends here - Since, my visa extension is ongoing (pending for past 13 months) and the reason that I have been staying here for more than a year now, Do you think it is ok to apply for activation of personal number again? Will they consider my request?

Thanks in advance!!
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: