The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Residence Permit for Newborn child

Non-EU parents here on work permit

ITProf
post 20.Jan.2017, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Hí Folks,
We have recently had a baby girl and I am now preparing to apply to Indian embassy in Stockholm for her Indian passport. At the same time, I am preparing to apply for her swedish residence permit with MV as well. (We, the parents are here on work permit since 2014)

I have ascertained that while the baby's Indian passport application is still in progress, we cannot apply for her residence permit online on MV's website, but we can apply via the paper form by sending it along with the required attachments. I got this clarification from MV.

Now, my question is, does the paper application take more time than online application in this case? I know for certain that it takes awefully longer in case of our usual work permit applications/extensions, but has anyone had the experience applying for a newborn's permit?

I must confess that I did email MV a few weeks back and at that time they told me that the waiting time is same in case of online and paper forms. However, this is at odds with their timelines for other permit categories. I would like to know if anyone has any insights or has had this experience.

FYI. I checked waiting times as follows:

1. Living w. someone in Sweden / First time (application) / work permit (my permit status) / India (my citizenship) / Online application.
Resulting time: 1-2 months

2. Living w. someone in Sweden / First time (application) / work permit (my permit status) / India (my citizenship) / Offline application.
Resulting time: 4-5 months

Thanks a ton!
Go to the top of the page
+
immigrantio
post 20.Jan.2017, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Baby is 16 months old, having personal number but still no decision in regards to residence permit. Still pending...
Sweden is amazing country - you can reside without permission to reside.
You have to apply for national passport first. Passport is the requirement #1 for any permits.
+
ITProf
post 21.Jan.2017, 08:31 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (immigrantio @ 20.Jan.2017, 11:29 PM) *
Baby is 16 months old, having personal number but still no decision in regards to residence permit. Still pending...Sweden is amazing country - you can reside without permissi ... (show full quote)

Hi,
So, have you been waiting for residence permit decision for your baby for nearly 16 months now? That sounds too long. When did you apply?

Like I said, MV told me that I can apply for permit while passport application is in progress. This was their reply:

You can apply for residence permit while yout passport application is in progress. You can't apply online for your baby, you need to apply with paperform.
+
immigrantio
post 23.Jan.2017, 01:57 PM
Post #4

We applied 1 month after birth when the baby got the national passport.
It is impossible to get a permit without international ID. Think yourself - what permit would be bound to ?
It's always bound to your passport, once you change the passport you have to change the permit card.
+
dr_MadGeek
post 23.Jan.2017, 02:13 PM
Post #5

Last time I checked for waiting time in December and it was 12-14 months. However, I applied PUT for my new born child and received it within 20 days (Applied on 18 November and received decision on 08 December). On the other hand a colleague applied for his child back in August and has just received the decision last week.
+
mjennin2
post 23.Jan.2017, 04:07 PM
Post #6

ITProf - I cannot personally help you with this question, however I highly recommend you join the English Speaking Mums in Sweden facebook group and post your question there. Countless mamas have been in your shoes - lots of mamas who are in Sweden on work permits and such. Lovely group of mums, lots of support and help <3

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=engl...s%20in%20sweden
+
ITProf
post 23.Jan.2017, 04:11 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (immigrantio @ 23.Jan.2017, 01:57 PM) *
We applied 1 month after birth when the baby got the national passport.It is impossible to get a permit without international ID. Think yourself - what permit would be bound t ... (show full quote)

Actually, I am not sure how it could be bound to a passport. I mailed MV a few weeks back and they said I can apply for my baby without passport as then I only need to send paper forms. The permit card itself does not mention the passport number at all. MV needing my passport, is obviously another matter.

I just Heard from Another guy from India that he applied paper form for his baby (without passport) and got the permit in 20 Days. However, he has a permanent Residence permit, so I am not sure if the timelines for both of us are similar or not. Maybe not.

QUOTE (dr_MadGeek @ 23.Jan.2017, 02:13 PM) *
Last time I checked for waiting time in December and it was 12-14 months. However, I applied PUT for my new born child and received it within 20 days (Applied on 18 November a ... (show full quote)

Yes, i Think the difference in processing time is due to PUT vs UT.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out just yet is, if the processing time between paper and online applications is indeed different or not. MV told me a few months back that it is the same, but they gave a very brief reply and I've mailed them again last week(no reply yet).

Let's see!
+
dr_MadGeek
post 23.Jan.2017, 05:27 PM
Post #8

Actually, I am not sure how it could be bound to a passport. I mailed MV a few weeks back and they said I can apply for my baby without passport as then I only need to send paper forms. The permit card itself does not mention the passport number at all. MV needing my passport, is obviously another matter.

I just Heard from Another guy from India that he applied paper form for his baby (without passport) and got the permit in 20 Days. However, he has a permanent Residence permit, so I am not sure if the timelines for both of us are similar or not. Maybe not.

It is explicitly mentioned on MV website (and in the letter they send you as soon as they are notified about the birth of a child by the hospital) that you need to have a national passport before you apply for the residence permit. Better wait for the passport and then apply for the residence permit online. It is better to follow the rule instead of believing in conflicting views and experiences where you don't have any documented evidence.
+
ITProf
post 30.Jan.2017, 11:14 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (dr_MadGeek @ 23.Jan.2017, 05:27 PM) *
It is explicitly mentioned on MV website (and in the letter they send you as soon as they are notified about the birth of a child by the hospital) that you need to have a nati ... (show full quote)

Hi,
Just an update for you guys. I had emailed MV over a month back and they had relied and told me that I CAN apply for baby's permit without having her passport ready, if I sent in a papr form. They also said that the processing time for paper for is the same as online.

I was a bit unsure still, so that is why I opened this thread to seek people's experiences in this regard.

Last week, I sent yet Another email to MV and got Another reply from them. This time, they re-affirmed that we can apply via paper form without having the baby's passport (so that is two confirmations and I also got a Contact via facebook to another guy who did exactly the same and got the permit). But this time MV also wrote that paper applications take longer than online.

Now, this is the thing. I knew it would take longer but the first time they said it will be the same time as online, I got slightly suspicious. Thanksfully, I did not rush and send in the paper form or else I would have waited for god-knows-how-log.

In a nutsheel: paper form without passport is possible. But we wait for the passport to arrive Before we submit an online application.

Thanks all for their replies..
+
ITProf
post 14.Feb.2017, 04:50 PM
Post #10

Hej Guys,
I am now applying for the permit for my newborn, and I am doing this online. But I have run into a couple of doubts, I hope someone can help me?

1. When filling the baby's permit application on MV, it asks these two questions which have me a little confused:

A. Has someone assisted you in filling out this application? Yes/No
B. Is this form filled out by a legal representative? Yes/No

In this case, I, the father of the baby, am filling out the application. So how exactly should I answer these questions? Anyone knows?

2. It also asks me to upload a 'Consent form guardians of minor' : I could not find this form on their website. Does anyone know exactly what needs to be done here?

I know it sounds a easy, but I don't want to make a mistake and repent later.

Any inputs greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
+
wallace1837
post 14.Feb.2017, 08:03 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (ITProf @ 14.Feb.2017, 04:50 PM) *
Hej Guys,I am now applying for the permit for my newborn, and I am doing this online. But I have run into a couple of doubts, I hope someone can help me?1. When filling the ba ... (show full quote)

No (unless a lawyer is acting under your name)
B. Is this form filled out by a legal representative? Yes/No

No, (unless a lawyer is acting under your name)
In this case, I, the father of the baby, am filling out the application. So how exactly should I answer these questions? Anyone knows?2. It also asks me to upload a 'Conse ... (show full quote)

Get a personbevis from Skatteverket. On it there will be the name of all guardians. Get your spouse to write a letter where she/he give the explicit consent to you to apply for your newborn at migrationsverket with start and end date of the consent.

Congratulation on your newborn. Good luck in this endeavor.

Stay away from Sweden if you can and be happy!
+
azimuth
post 25.Jul.2019, 09:12 AM
Post #12

What is the waiting time for a residence permit for a baby whose parents hold permanent residence permit nowadays? We have applied on 10th of July but they assigned our case to an officer who's on vacation and is back on 12th of August. I wonder if she will make a decision fast or are we screwed? We a flight to take on 28th of August.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: