The Local _ Feedback _ News postings from "the Savage group"

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 24.Feb.2017, 01:24 AM

In one minute and three seconds "The Savage Group"
has just made eight posts about happenings in Sweden...

None of them favourable, but totally forgettable to this reader and I think most of those that read them...

Again I ask...Why???

Please explain the reason for this agenda, so as to at least begin a dialog between TheLocal's other posters and The Savage Group...

Posted by: akibobrob 24.Feb.2017, 09:02 AM

Seems to be a pretty pitiful individual. I don't really understand what would motivate someone to spend their time trawling the news for the worst things that happen and then reposting them under the guise of providing a 'balanced' viewpoint. Choose any country in the world and you could do a similar trawl and make it out to be a hellhole. But I'd assume that, like me, the articles that are continuously posted are no kind of representation of what living in Sweden is actually like.

Most of all, I can't understand why anyone with such disdain for the country would choose to live here.

Posted by: The Local 24.Feb.2017, 10:19 AM

On the one hand, I don't want to delete the postings because then we would be accused of trying to hide the news or stifle conversation.

On the other hand, the persistent heavy flow of crime reports to the "Swedish news" section is drowning out all other news-related discussions.

So as a trial solution I have split the forum section into two. We now have http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showforum=2 and http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showforum=86. Hopefully it is self-evident which posts belong where.

Posted by: Uncle Fred 24.Feb.2017, 10:20 AM

Maybe Savage is trying to get the most number of posts on the Local which is currently held by Streja with 15,469 posts.
However treat Savages posts as you want, whether they be negative or positive is certainty going bring attention to the Local. This could then end up with Savage being banned.
One other thing is Hisingen has not been around lately to keep Savage in-check.
Come to think of it where is Hisingen.

Posted by: Johno 24.Feb.2017, 10:29 AM

So as a trial solution I have split the forum section into two.

Are you deluded? As a once regular viewer and poster, and I suspect like most others, I log onto here by selecting "Today's Active Topics". And these days see a continuous stream of nauseating and purely sensationalist posts by Savage.

Only when I first discovered this site did I ever go through the Topics.

You just confirm that letting Savage loose on here is Local policy, and you haven't a clue on how to restore it to its previous helpful status, with lots of helpful stuff plus sharp if occasional raucous topics.

Posted by: Uncle Fred 24.Feb.2017, 10:29 AM

QUOTE (The Local @ 24.Feb.2017, 10:19 AM) *

I think crime reports could be misleading, maybe it should be Swedish crime reports.

Posted by: The Local 24.Feb.2017, 10:33 AM

Good point, Johno. The "Crime reports" section is now excluded from the http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?act=search&CODE=getnew&active=1&lastdate=345600 list.

And Fred, I think it's pretty clear that the section name refers to Sweden only. Afterall, this is a Sweden site, and the section is placed within the "Swedish news" section. If non-Sweden crime reports are posted they'll be deleted. If it becomes a problem we can rename, but I think it'll be OK.

Posted by: ChocOwl 24.Feb.2017, 11:32 AM

Brilliant move!

Posted by: delta76 24.Feb.2017, 11:59 AM

Thumb up @The Local. I ignored Savage long ago but the new threads were still showing up in the search. Now I can browse The Local with much less trouble.

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 24.Feb.2017, 01:38 PM

Once again TheLocal has proven to be a fair and honest site...

Thank you for NOT banning The Savage Group...even though the majority of posters see nothing of value in their posts, they still have the right to speak, and I think that's what we are waiting for, their reply to my post...

Posted by: intrepidfox 24.Feb.2017, 03:48 PM

All this moaning about Savage.

Well at least she makes the effort to post where as most long timers, moan and groan about everything and cannot be bothered with any other input

Posted by: intrepidfox 24.Feb.2017, 03:54 PM

QUOTE (The Local @ 24.Feb.2017, 10:19 AM) *

You did that to me on Facebook and i never had feed back because of one bad post which could have been deleted but you banned me instead. Talk about discussion!!!

Posted by: akibobrob 24.Feb.2017, 04:17 PM

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 24.Feb.2017, 03:48 PM) *
All this moaning about Savage.

Oh, the irony

Posted by: intrepidfox 24.Feb.2017, 04:27 PM

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 24.Feb.2017, 04:17 PM) *
Oh, the irony

And what do you mean by that. I have at least tried to bring this site back to life by posting topics. I noticed that you have been a member since 2010 and posted 5 topics, what have you done or the so called regulars?????

Posted by: akibobrob 24.Feb.2017, 04:36 PM

My point was that you complain about people moaning and groaning while defending the most depressingly negative poster on here.

Posted by: intrepidfox 24.Feb.2017, 04:52 PM

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 24.Feb.2017, 04:36 PM) *

As i pointed out, at least she posts topics and also replies to other posters. If she did not post, then this site would be dead again with only MV questions. If you look at most news sites inc SVT and TV4 news on the tv you will find that there is no information about how bad this once wonderful country has become. I age that she should not post 20 different posts but maybe one post with all the news instead would be better

Posted by: akibobrob 24.Feb.2017, 05:01 PM

As you noticed I've been a member on the site for a while and actually hardly used the site for years because of the negativity of certain posters. The number of theeads that begin with people asking for advice only to be met with boring 'I hate Sweden' answers is just pathetic. Living in Sweden for most people bears no relation to the bleak picture that Savage and certain other posters like to paint. Back home in the UK I had no sympathy for the people who had chosen to come and live/work in the UK but could do nothing but moan about it. Now I live in Sweden I feel the same about the people who come to live/work here. No country is without problems. The stuff that Savage continuously posts happens everywhere. To be honest, if they've failed to find a decent standard of life in Sweden that's an indication of their own failings. Stop trying to blame everyone else. And if it really is as bad as you suggest, do something more proactive that post endless miserable links on a forum or go and live somewhere else.

Posted by: Gjeebes 24.Feb.2017, 05:05 PM

This is hilarious. Moaners and sunshine-rainbow types against posts containing information that paints Sweden in a non-flattering way now feel empowered, that their "voice" was heard after TL makes the move to - A DEDICATED CRIME SECTION!

Too funny. Nothing like compartmentalising all the juicy stuff into one, easily accessed, no-holds-barred stream to pacify all the cry babies!

Posted by: Gjeebes 24.Feb.2017, 05:13 PM

"akibobrob"

How does moaning about moaners, make you any different from the very moaners you moan on about?

And why do you feel somehow entitled to have a say in how TL operates. The internet is a big place, if you don't like TL, why not find something else that suits your fancy better?

How is expressing your disappointment in TL any different than another expressing their disappointment in their experience in Sweden?

Posted by: intrepidfox 24.Feb.2017, 05:25 PM

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 24.Feb.2017, 05:01 PM) *

I have lived here almost 30 years and have seen changes in Sweden which are bad. At least Savage posts reports which others are afraid of doing in case they are called racists. If you are afraid of the truth and reality then maybe you should move

Posted by: Gjeebes 24.Feb.2017, 05:38 PM

"If you are afraid of the truth and reality then maybe you should move..."

or maybe it just means it has become ever-so-ever Swedish?

Digs the lies more than the truth since the former makes for a more warm and fuzzy feeling...

Posted by: yet another brit 24.Feb.2017, 05:54 PM

I don't have a problem with rational discussion, where the ex-pat perspective can be interesting, and informative. There is certainly a real debate, and yes, the Swedish media follow a "Swedish" line (though not that this is a phenomenon unique to Sweden).

What I have found irritating is i) the sheer volume and ii) the lack of structured thought/evidence behind actual and implied assertions iii) a strident tone that reminds me too much of the Daily Mail et al...

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 24.Feb.2017, 06:12 PM

I love this place...you can always rely on us to "have at each other" when something is brought up as a question that was directed to a certain group of posters that have yet to participate in this discussion...

Waiting on "The Savage Group"...

Posted by: Gjeebes 24.Feb.2017, 06:21 PM

YAB, I get what you are saying, but...

This is the "internet". A not sooo long time ago, when it was still pretty new, I was taught, quite easily, to treat it with suspicion. That hasn't changed.

What has changed, is that people in general, especially the "snowflake" millennial gen, have forgotten that it is largely a "buyer-beware" experience...much much more so now, than when it began.

There is not a web source in existence, bar reputable scientific journals that existed well before this pig pen called the internet, that I would choose to get quality information from, that I "trust". Not even wikipedia is safe! Can be edited by anyone with whatever agenda.

Does one quality info much from Twitter? From FB? No. Total waste of time and electricity.

TL (other than it being a ploy tool for the Swedish gov't and associated data-miners) is like one of the endlessly new open source journals: no paper copy, no real readership, no quality control, and no "trustworthy" peer review. Its very clear.

If the internet is down, TL doesn't exist. If the power goes out, TL doesn't exist. DoS attack, ditto.

I think part of the problem here, for many, including yourself, is that you get brass, but become disappointed because you thought it'd be gold.

Can you dig it? I mean this respectfully, but I just don't get where such high expectations come from.

Posted by: ChocOwl 24.Feb.2017, 07:37 PM

QUOTE (The Local @ 24.Feb.2017, 10:33 AM) *

When I click on todays active topics I see a list clogged with Savage's posts.
How do I avoid this?

Posted by: yet another brit 24.Feb.2017, 08:25 PM

Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations.

And also maybe I get irritated seeing the country I respect, that has been good to me, that I have made my home and become a citizen of, being widely used as a whipping-boy to support a populist, and to me offensive, agenda in a different country. And, at that, a country that ought to be big enough to solve its own problems rather than diverting attention into imaginative interpretation of a tiny country in Northern Europe that has had the temerity to be objectively better at human development.

Posted by: andy_fin 24.Feb.2017, 08:42 PM

Huh i always assumed Savage was

James Savage
Strategy Director - @SavLocal
James formerly headed up our European editorial team and is now our strategy director. Originally from Lincolnshire, England, he moved to Sweden in 2003 where he met Paul Rapacioli and they started The Local. He has also lived in London and Paris.

Posted by: intrepidfox 24.Feb.2017, 08:53 PM

QUOTE (andy_fin @ 24.Feb.2017, 08:42 PM) *
Huh i always assumed Savage was

James Savage
Strategy Director - @SavLocal

Maddy Savage. Very cute as well

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 24.Feb.2017, 08:59 PM

Expectations???

TheLocal forum, is only an instrument that allows users to engage each other in discussion that can be fun,interesting or controversial, etc...

All I expect from TheLocal is the services that allow me to participate here...

My expectations are limited to the possibility of a bit of a lark and learning something new from my fellow posters...

Posted by: Gjeebes 24.Feb.2017, 09:02 PM

"...a tiny country in Northern Europe that has had the temerity to be objectively better at human development"

Really? Like overloading its system due to smug self-righteousness, its idiotic incapability of something called "organisation" and "planning", for a self-indulgent play on the world stage, in the name of [artificial] "humanitarian superiority", which now has people who genuinely are in need of help (and I do not mean the assholes abusing/exploiting their system), who are now killing themselves (with some only unsuccessfully attempting to) after waiting [going on] 2 years, living in conditions you yourself would certainly not accept, for nothing? Gimme a break. Time to take off the rose coloureds eh?

Sweden's stupidity is only outranked by its arrogance. There are actually people here, "real" kids, whom have seen unspeakable acts of violence and mayhem done to their mothers, fathers, wee siblings, in their home countries, whom have been given nothing but grief by the untrained apes Sweden has assigned for their "well-being". Some of them have killed the very people trying to kill them, in their home countries, just to survive...and some have saved pictures on their phones, that they took, of their murdered loved-ones, right after attacks...dust was still settling...have they received help they REALLY need? Has Sweden put support networks in place for them? Does Sweden have any clue what it is doing? The rich country? Hardly. Milk, cookies and hugs don't quite cut it. Has Sweden spent half the effort on them, as it has on faking its precious international image?

Humanitarian superpower? What a fucking JOKE. Sweden should be ashamed rather than constantly patting itself on the back, for how it has handled this whole affair.

Maybe instead of MV keeping ocean liners in dock, empty, for months at a time, costing MILLIONS (for nothing), they could have instead hired REAL people with the skill sets to really offer the aid so desperately required [for instance]?

And greedy bastards buying properties just to rent to MV, for 10 times the actual rent?

Posted by: chpmunk 24.Feb.2017, 09:04 PM

Let Savage exercise his freedom of speech. I never have time for his posts because,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― George Carlin

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 24.Feb.2017, 09:20 PM

laugh.gif

Posted by: yet another brit 24.Feb.2017, 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 24.Feb.2017, 09:02 PM) *

Sweden's stupidity is only outranked by its arrogance. There are actually people here, "real" kids, whom have seen unspeakable acts of violence and mayhem done to their mothers, fathers, wee siblings, in their home countries, whom have been given nothing but grief by the untrained apes Sweden has assigned for their well-being. Some of them have killed the very people trying to kill them, in their home countries...have they received help they REALLY need? Has Sweden put support networks in place for them? Does Sweden have any clue what it is doing? The rich country? Hardly. Milk, cookies and hugs don't quite cut it.

Maybe instead of keeping ocean liners in dock, empty, for months at a time, costing MILLIONS (for nothing), they could have instead hired REAL people with the skill sets to really offer the aid so desperately required [for instance]?

Sweden, for all its faults (which are real), nevertheless actually took them in. Do you remember the interviews with the mayor of Södertälje? Which had taken in more refugees than the whole US?

Now, onto an interesting subject! Who is Savage anyway? I see three possibilities.

1. Savage = Maddy Savage
2. Savage = James Savage
3. Savage = someone else

My personal thought is option 2. Read some older posts...

Maddy Savage is in some demand as a pundit in the UK on the subject of Sweden. She was interviewed on the Today program earlier this week as such - and gave a very balanced view. Being interviewed as an expert on Today is - I understand - about as high as journalistic cred gets in the UK (and good for her). I can't imagine that she would jeopardise that by continually spouting traffic-inducing marginally-racist US-loving nonsense under her own name on a lame expat forum (operated by a website that she no longer works for) back in 'ole Mother Svea - but there you go. Just my 2c (or indeed 2p) worth.

Though if she is reading, she could let us know?

Posted by: chpmunk 24.Feb.2017, 09:57 PM

Savage, I do respect your third opinion journalism. Keep an eye out when they sleeping as they say. We respect that.In any debate there is subjectivity.Lets have a go.

Was there crime before immigrants? Yes
Is it worse now? Yes
Are all immigrants rapists? No.
Are there native rapists? Yes.
Are all immigrants here on refugee or asylum status? No.
Are all natives white supremacists? No

Now back to your posts, I guess what people are trying to say, you may be right, but your journalism is showing something else than just reporting.

Posted by: mjennin2 24.Feb.2017, 11:07 PM

Thank you, The Local!! This will make it much easier for us to be helpful to others. And finally get back to poking fun at Trowbridge. smile.gif

Posted by: Bsmith 25.Feb.2017, 12:06 AM

Shouldn't pick on the elderly.

Posted by: Johno 26.Feb.2017, 02:15 PM

THE LOCAL RESTRICTS "NEWS" DEEMED "CRIME REPORTS" FROM ACTIVE TOPICS.
PLEASE SEE THE LINK BELOW, TO VIEW THESE OTHER STORIES.

And this highlights just how few people bother to respond to the sensational rubbish posted. Even when looking under Today's Active Topics , you see few responses.

Message - saturation means loss of interest. If only the message would sink in !

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 26.Feb.2017, 03:44 PM

The Savage Group has not revealed what their message is...

If they did, we might agree and then they won't be burdened by having to post all those articles...

Posted by: riemann 26.Feb.2017, 08:32 PM

I have actually found that I have been frequenting the forum more often due to Savages news reports, it's a way to get all the daily hits without having to wade through all the BS in the bigger newspapers. You should start an RSS feed or something if your serious about putting out the top news of the day Savage, I would follow it.

I think its pretty BS that TheLocal is going to move your posts, there have been some pretty horrible posters and trolls on this forum over the years and I don't ever remember any of them getting the boot or being forced into a certain section of the forum.

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 26.Feb.2017, 08:38 PM

I'm thinking that TheLocal went the extra step to insure that it's members are accommodated and free to post as they please...

Posted by: mjennin2 27.Feb.2017, 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Feb.2017, 07:38 PM) *

^^In all seriousness, I also agree. I feel it was a win win. As Johno said, the saturation was worse than troll posts (even the pill peddlers were easily contained by deleting them as spam accounts). I participate on TL in waves, especially when I'm taking a break from Facebook wink.gif Whatever good that still exists in this forum (including the drama and mockery) gets totally screwed up when something is posted too much about. It's one of the reasons we tried to make a quarantine for everyone looking for info or updates about migrating to Sweden. No one would want to play on TL if it was made up of a billion separate posts about migration. Same goes for the bloom of Doom n' Gloom^TM by @Savage. I think this lets people have their cake and eat it too.

@riemann, TheLocal made your interests much easier too now. Just bookmark the Crime Reports page they made and now you don't even need to wade through the usual posts to get your fill of Doom n' Gloom^TM

Posted by: andy_fin 27.Feb.2017, 11:57 AM

I've said it before and i'll say it again.
It's not news
It's crime reports.

I've discussed various things on TL with Savage previously, not particularly productive discussions but i'd always been under the impression that it was James Savage and even said that directly in posts and it's not been disputed.

Savage's pivot on Brexit was interesting though. Started out staunchly pro-remain and ended up very much pro-leave. Almost as though they were 2 different people.
If you browse James' twitter feed it doesn't match the tone of the posts here. I understand one is public and the other semi-private but it doesn't seem to be the same person.

I'm going for option 3. I reckon it's at least 2 people or at least 2 people have been in control of "Savage" usernames over the past year.

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 27.Feb.2017, 02:09 PM

I've been using the term "The Savage Group" for quite a while now and in conversation with them/it it was admitted that "they" exist...Not I, singular...

Posted by: andy_fin 27.Feb.2017, 04:42 PM

'Who is Savage?' is a depressingly dull question to be asking but one that should be answered if we're to understand if there is an ulterior motive behind the posts.

I stumbled across the old feedback post from last year.
It's clear from that post that Savage is in the employ of TL and has at least control over the content of the site.

It's sad reading back through those threads how little respect for the audience Savage has and the recent spate of 'crime as news' posts how easily 'they' believe the reader can be influenced with leading data.

So half a year ago, a certain group of people complained about The Local not covering real Swedish news.

In the past few weeks, we have started to cover "real Swedish" news in this forum.

- Usually the most popular stories in Sweden of the day
- From most of the most popular Swedish newspapers.

I wonder if the same posters who complained previously are now happy?

Or is the most popular Swedish news stories, from the most popular Swedish news sites now wrong as well laugh.gif

And yes actually i think the front page content has improved significantly since this time last year. Although Savage's "real Swedish news" has, and this is something i never thought possible, actually lowered the content quality in the forum.

Posted by: Gjeebes 27.Feb.2017, 07:09 PM

Judging from the comments in this most pitiful thread of all, I am guessing the main participants are the types who will, say, repeatedly visit an art gallery that features artwork they know they can't stand, just so they can meet-up with all the others who visit the art gallery, to view artwork, they equally don't like, just so they can all sit around afterwards, yapping about how much they didn't like the artwork displayed at the gallery.

Beyond pathetic!

And just so you know, as a result of all yers moanin, there is now a dedicated space for crime stories on the forum, which viewers can't miss! It is now easier than ever to see what a hole the place is turning into!

A real victory for y'all (not)!

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 27.Feb.2017, 08:45 PM

And for what reason has The Savage Group felt compelled to bring this to our attention by posting the "same" story over and over???

eg: A crime story or stories that are just about mirror copies of each other...

What result is expected of the forum members???

If I said "I surrender, you are right"...What would you be right about???

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 27.Feb.2017, 09:07 PM

And that is your answer???

Posted by: intrepidfox 1.Mar.2017, 11:47 AM

It seems that GH is a secret moderator as my posts have been deleted. So much for freedom of speech on TL.

Posted by: Gjeebes 1.Mar.2017, 02:11 PM

It's freedom of speech, Swedish style.

Did you ever listen to RUSH: "Conform or be cast out"...

Maybe they were moved to the "crime" section. : )

Oh, wait a minute, no, not only deleted comments, but now the whole thread has been moved to the basement.

Posted by: intrepidfox 1.Mar.2017, 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 1.Mar.2017, 02:11 PM) *
It's freedom of speech, Swedish style.

Did you ever listen to RUSH: "Conform or be cast out"...

Maybe they were moved to the "crime" section. : )

Seen Rush play at The Hammersmith Odeon. Brilliant band.

Otherwise

laugh.gif

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.Mar.2017, 04:00 PM

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 1.Mar.2017, 11:47 AM) *

I am NOT a moderator!!! angry.gif

Absolutely and without exception, I did not and would not delete a post for any reason except...spam!!!

You will have to blame someone else for the missing posts!!!

AGAIN...I am NOT a moderator!!! angry.gif

I am totally for free speech and honest debate!!!

I don't tell people what to say or deny their right to say it!!!

But I would give them hell if I didn't agree... laugh.gif

P/S: Some of mine are gone too???

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.Mar.2017, 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Savage @ 1.Mar.2017, 04:13 PM) *
The GH doth protest too much, methinks.

Hey, c'mon...You know that I am the resident:

"Drama Queen" of TheLocal!!! laugh.gif

You seem to be a nice person...deep down... and only want the best for your admiring friends here at TheLocal...

So, please find it in the goodness and benevolence of your most admired and appreciated persona to enlighten us, as to your most interesting ideas and thoughts, as demonstrated in your welcome and popular posts...

Yours, in great admiration,

GH

rolleyes.gif

Posted by: intrepidfox 1.Mar.2017, 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 1.Mar.2017, 04:00 PM) *
I am NOT a moderator!!! angry.gif

You will have to blame someone else for the missing posts!!!

AGAIN...I am NOT a moderator!!! angry.gif

I am totally for free speech and honest debate!!!

I don't tell people what to say or deny their right to say it!!!

But I would give them hell if I didn't agree... laugh.gif

P/S: Some of mine are gone too???

GH. I know that you are against moderators and free speech. I remember when Byke was one. It is strange that our posts were deleted when other people get away with murder. Talking about Savage. She must still work for TL as she has found out my real name and even Hisingens name and his wifes. Funny how when Savage accused Hisingen of leaving certain people in the UK, that those posts were not deleted. A strange situation.

Ps i apologise for my posts about you. Had a very bad few days after my wife was operated on

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.Mar.2017, 07:27 PM

Hey Fox!

Don't feel bad it's OK...Sorry about your situation, and I hope it improves quickly...

TheLocal is becoming a really weird place and a bit more interesting lately...So lets keep posting, maybe there is a lot more "fun" coming our way...

Still thinking it is more than one person...

Posted by: intrepidfox 1.Mar.2017, 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 1.Mar.2017, 07:27 PM) *
Hey Fox!

Still thinking it is more than one person...

Thanks GH. It is wierd, the same as their FB page.They write about subject that will get a reaction, then ban people. It seems that they support THEIR freedom of speech but not anybody else. I will post a topic tomorrow about their moderation and see how long it takes to delete it

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.Mar.2017, 08:01 PM

Ok, sounds like a plan...But try a little "Blarney" too, if it is indeed a woman/women, a little flattery will go a long way...Or not!!! laugh.gif

Posted by: intrepidfox 1.Mar.2017, 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Savage @ 1.Mar.2017, 08:28 PM) *
@Fox - Please accept our genuine well wishes for your significant others health.

Mady
James

Other

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.Mar.2017, 08:51 PM

Am I right it's a triumvirate, with one member unnamed???

Hey, two out of three ain't bad...

Hhhmmmn, who is the other, pray tell???

Posted by: intrepidfox 1.Mar.2017, 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Savage @ 1.Mar.2017, 08:59 PM) *
"Now, that we are on speaking terms, please tell us what is your purpose/agenda/reason for your plethora of postings..."

To expose and annoy those who weaponize the English language in Sweden, for political purpose or similar financial gain.

Swedish state interests, have for far to long used English in a manner that is harmful to the hundreds of thousands of English speakers in Sweden. And by doing so, have put those people at a disadvantage.

Mady

James
Byke
Ivor
Klubbnika
Gary Jones

Other

But please don't get caught up on the ID.
Like other groups such as Swedenwatch.com etc, the common interest is to allow English to deliver facts in English. And the resistance is growing.

And counteraction is only the result of groups which wish to weaponize the English language in Sweden for other interests, and in turn put English speakers in this country at a disadvantage.

I like your news articles as i learn more that is happening here than SVT etc BUT you must remember that we live Sweden that has the Swedish language

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.Mar.2017, 09:26 PM

Well OK...But I don't think anybody cares except you...and posting here will not change anything in the Swedish press...

Why not post on the editorial pages of those outlets you think are the worst violators???

We here cannot help you achieve your ends...

Posted by: Uncle Fred 1.Mar.2017, 11:11 PM

@Savage

You are very much in form with making your news report around Sweden, most of which is not reported on the Local as you have already said,
However a recent article on the Local is basically accusing you of spreading "bullshit".
I am referring this this article,

Neil Shipley beleaves none of what you say is true. He beleaves it is all "poisoned school gossip" and "Lies".

What are your thoughts about this.

P.S. Bad spelling for a so Englishman who cant spell the word "criminalise".

Posted by: Uncle Fred 2.Mar.2017, 06:00 PM

@savage

Are you not going to share your thoughts, or are you to busy on over threads.

Posted by: Uncle Fred 3.Mar.2017, 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Savage @ 3.Mar.2017, 03:25 PM) *
I think it would be fair to say, that The Local and the articles that it prints differ considerably to the news which mainstream Sweden see's.

Which is a clear example of how cash for influence leads to the weaponisation of the English language for propaganda means. Often at the detriment of English speakers in Sweden.

The Local often http://www.thelocal.com/contentmarketing/#!//&lang=en, and that is partially why there are disparities of fact between actual free press Swedish stories and those often translated by The Local.

A fun example from today, Was the story which The Local has translated as well as inserting a few other bits to suit its narrative. The use of the extra bits of creative writing such as including terms like "Suggested" and other misrepresentations. And just the fact that the state is looking to make a deal to try and allow its propaganda to go Un-scrutinized is laughable.

Here is Aftonbladets version before it got filtered and manipulated between TT & The Local. http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/samhalle/a/dAv3q/margot-wallstrom-ringer-usa--om-trumps-sverigebild

Then finally if you look at the actions seen on this domain as of late.

- We have seen posts removed from the forum
- Censorship
- Misinformation
- Posts relocated to reduce exposure
- Information manipulation
- Social media bans etc

I think Tim Pool, offered one of the greatest videos covering the Swedish government, statistics and certain paid for influence news outlets in Sweden. And unfortunately even that post was moved to the dark corner and not covered as news laugh.gif

I recommend all to watch this :

Make no mistake, Sweden as a brand is at war to protect political interests.
And war knows, no morals.

We all know what the Local is like with news stories just look at todays, how to make the best coffee and a cat that's been missing fir 9 years.
Also thanks for bringing us stories that the Local has failed too.
But what I was looking for was your thought abouts this guy Neil Shipley or are you implying that the Local is not telling the truth.

Posted by: Uncle Fred 1.May.2017, 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Savage @ 30.Apr.2017, 06:56 AM) *
It is now evident The Local as now deleted hundreds of news stories, for whatever reason. And hundreds of posts relating to crime have been removed. In-fact the whole sub category of "Crime Report" section of the forum has been deleted from the forum.

So yet another reason, to accuse The Local of "trying to hide the news or stifle conversation." As this time it is self evident.

It seems you are right, but why. Maybe The Local could enlighten us.

On the other hand I wish they would delete Studying and Visas they stifle the rest of the forum.

Posted by: intrepidfox 1.May.2017, 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 1.May.2017, 12:03 PM) *
It seems you are right, but why. Maybe The Local could enlighten us.

TL never answer messages when they delete your post even on FB. Many regulars are posting less. They are digging their own grave

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.May.2017, 05:28 PM

We are in need of lunatic trolls right now, about six will do!!! rolleyes.gif

Posted by: Gamla Hälsingebock 1.May.2017, 06:32 PM

Have you made Trump aware of this???