The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
77 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications - Autumn 2018

Merit Ratings and Status Update

sasa
post 23.Jan.2018, 06:06 PM
Post #76

Hi everyone,

I see all these people talking about documents arriving in Sweden, etc...

Hi Kai

Don't worry about that. Most universities start reviewing applications only after 1st of February (deadline for documents). My applications are still "in progress" too.
Go to the top of the page
+
bogdannovosh
post 23.Jan.2018, 06:27 PM
Post #77

To those who still do not clearly understand what the application process is:

https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/internatio...ource=BizWizard

As I understood, the status of application cannot be changed until February, 1, because admission officers are unable to get access and review our documents. Before the document deadline all we can recieve are messages concerning validity, etc.
+
Kondwani
post 24.Jan.2018, 01:49 PM
Post #78

They will start reviewing most of the applications after the 1st February. The assumption is that most applicants will have everything sorted after 1 Feb
+
Colinebct
post 24.Jan.2018, 05:09 PM
Post #79

Heyy Guys,

I've submitted my application for several bachelors programs. Is that usual that I've got the same merit rating for all my application ?

I've shortlisted International Business and politics in Stockholm, International Business in Lund, International Economics in Jonkoping (and some others...). So I got 20.52 for each of them.
I looked for the merit rating admissiosn of the formers years but the bachelor in Stockholm (my first choice) is new, so no data available. I hope I will get this one ! biggrin.gif

And you, for what have you applied?
+
CatMom
post 24.Jan.2018, 08:41 PM
Post #80

QUOTE (kai @ 23.Jan.2018, 01:10 PM) *
Hi everyone,I see all these people talking about documents arriving in Sweden, etc.Is it only me that didn`t need to submit hard copies/original documents? I understood th ... (show full quote)

It depends where you are from. I am from the US and therefore my school records all have to be mailed in.

Speaking of which, one set of my transcripts were mailed incorrectly, although they were resent they still have not arrived. I am terrified that they were not sent correctly so luckily my father who only lives two hours from that school is driving down to have them rush ship it.

UGH!!!!!!!!!
+
elgreco
post 27.Jan.2018, 02:07 AM
Post #81

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago I got conditionally qualified for my third choice master's program. However, I am placed in the APM selection group and not in the GMAT selection group. I've taken the test, uploaded scores, sent scores, etc. and now it seems as if I hadn't done so and I am ranked next to people who have never sat the test. Do you have a clue how to fix that? I've messaged both the university and UA.se but still nothing.
Do you think that getting conditionally admitted so early is a good sign? I have 150 / 270 APM merit rating. To me at least, it seems way too low. Can someone explain more, please?

Keeping fingers crossed for all of you, regards!
+
BeaverCanoe
post 27.Jan.2018, 02:34 AM
Post #82

Hey everyone,
I'm glad I came across this forum!
I've applied to 1. MSc in Biomedicine at KI and 2. MSc in Toxicology at KI.
Really nervous but also hopeful at this point. Anyone else applying to MSc programmes at KI?
Cheers!
+
KingZi
post 27.Jan.2018, 03:37 PM
Post #83

QUOTE (elgreco @ 27.Jan.2018, 04:07 AM) *
Hi guys,A couple of days ago I got conditionally qualified for my third choice master's program. However, I am placed in the APM selection group and not in the GMAT select ... (show full quote)

Hello there!

At this point, things can change every week. I believe the person that reviewed your application just saw your transcripts. Have you uploaded the emailed results from GMAT on to the documents area? If so, they will take a look at it, and have you picked out the schools during the GMAT exam?

Don't worry much about it, things can flip from conditionally, to qualified, to whatever.

Best of luck
+
elgreco
post 27.Jan.2018, 03:54 PM
Post #84

QUOTE (KingZi @ 27.Jan.2018, 04:37 PM) *
Hello there!At this point, things can change every week. I believe the person that reviewed your application just saw your transcripts. Have you uploaded the emailed resul ... (show full quote)

Thanks for clarifying! Yes, I have added all schools on test day (December) and results have been sent long ago (middle of December). In addition, I have uploaded a .pdf document with my GMAT scores, as universities asked me by e-mail. All is done on time. However, I am losing sleep recently because all that.
+
Kondwani
post 28.Jan.2018, 02:10 PM
Post #85

How come some applicants have been informed the outcome of their application when the results will be published on the 6th April? Are the application system for these schools that are giving feedback not through University Admissions?
+
Jakob
post 28.Jan.2018, 09:08 PM
Post #86

@ fra25
I can see ma merit ranking on the website of my application. I think they show it to you as soon as they have reviewed your grades. At least that´s what I think.
+
fra25
post 29.Jan.2018, 06:49 PM
Post #87

Jakob, what are the requirements for tee Master? Just grades? Or grades and statement or description of the bachelor thesis or recommendation? If it is just based on grades it means that those should be faster in general.
I assume for those with documents the admission officers are waiting in case they are updated or anything.
+
Jakob
post 29.Jan.2018, 07:06 PM
Post #88

@ fra25

I don´t know much about the application for master degrees. But I guess this could give you some more information https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/All-...l-requirements/
+
KingZi
post 31.Jan.2018, 05:06 PM
Post #89

Hello Everyone!

I wish to share the information that I have researched to get everyone's mind on the right track, if I may.

First, it is useless to stress ourselves out.

If you have a problem and can do something about it, then why worry. And if you have a problem and can't do anything about, then why worry.

I have read the previous admissions cycle where people stressed themselves out from the date that the submission of the application opened all up till March 24th (for masters). Day-by-day, I felt how this process affected people's lives in a negative way.

My friends, everyone on that post was obnoxiously checking the university admissions page and this post page. This creates a stress ladder where stress increases day by day. If you see someone getting qualified and you didn't yet, you get stressed. Why do this to our selves? Let us learn from their experience!

Let us all join in together to share information to positively affect our lives during this process and not stress each other out.

Sincerely,

Zi
+
bat
post 31.Jan.2018, 07:49 PM
Post #90

QUOTE (KingZi @ 31.Jan.2018, 08:06 AM) *
Hello Everyone!I wish to share the information that I have researched to get everyone's mind on the right track, if I may.First, it is useless to stress ourselves out. ... (show full quote)

Agreed. I would like to start the positive discussion by saying that I very much enjoy the taste of reuben sandwiches. If you have not had the pleasure of enjoying one, then I highly recommend it.
+

77 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: