The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
35 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »    Reply to this topic

My experience "trying" to move to Sweden

Please god, just end me now

wallace1837
post 8.Jun.2018, 12:58 PM
Post #166

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 8.Jun.2018, 12:39 PM) *
You idiot.. From Arlanda, take the first plane out of here.. You are not wanted here either.

Why do you think I am in Sweden?
Go to the top of the page
+
Svedallas
post 8.Jun.2018, 03:30 PM
Post #167

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 8.Jun.2018, 01:58 PM) *
Why do you think I am in Sweden?

Simple. Your mentally disturbed obsession.
+
wallace1837
post 8.Jun.2018, 06:44 PM
Post #168

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 8.Jun.2018, 04:30 PM) *
Simple. Your mentally disturbed obsession.

Do you think that mentally disturbed are only found in Sweden?

Or do you think that people who use data, and not state propaganda, to make informed decision are to be labelled as mentally disturbed in Sweden, but no where else in the world?

I seriously think that you are focusing too much on my mental well being, and not on the well being of your nation.
+
SmokerT69
post 14.Jun.2018, 10:14 PM
Post #169

Well, guess I should update. I just posted in another thread about this. But I logged into my account on migrationsverket and this is what I got.

https://imgur.com/a/xK1xpSj

Has anyone else gone through the route of moving to a Swedish family member to get a residence permit? Is this really the average waiting time? At the rate I'm moving to Sweden, seems like Brexit is going to go through before I even get a response from the government lol.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 14.Jun.2018, 10:50 PM
Post #170

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 14.Jun.2018, 11:14 PM) *
Well, guess I should update. I just posted in another thread about this. But I logged into my account on migrationsverket and this is what I got.https://imgur.com/a/xK1xpSjHas ... (show full quote)

What was the waiting time?
+
SmokerT69
post 15.Jun.2018, 01:09 AM
Post #171

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 14.Jun.2018, 11:50 PM) *
What was the waiting time?

In the picture I linked, the migrationsverket page told me 13-17 months is my updated wait time. Apparently it gets updated at the beginning of every month.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 15.Jun.2018, 07:39 AM
Post #172

QUOTE (SmokerTBritish e='15.Jun.2018, 02:09 AM) *
In thre I linked, the migrationsverket page told me 13-17 months is my updisn't wait time. Apparently it gets updated at the bwithin ng of every month.

I couldnt open the picture, that's why I asked.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it could be even longer than that. Upwards to 2 full years, 24 month wait. Maybe longer.

My intention isnt to fuel your frustrations but aren't you the person from Bermuda who has a British passport and therefor an EU citizen? Dont you have an almost automatic right to live and work within other EU countries... Sweden. Can't you bypass migrationsverket and go get a personnummer at skatteverket by bringing in proof of swedish
Residency and your british passport?

Sorry if you already explained all this. No need to respond if you have.
Best of luck! And try to focus on the good things because there is no way to speed up or influence MV to do so.
+
SmokerT69
post 15.Jun.2018, 08:52 AM
Post #173

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 15.Jun.2018, 08:39 AM) *
I couldnt open the picture, that's why I asked. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it could be even longer than that. Upwards to 2 full years, 24 month wait. Maybe long ... (show full quote)

I've already tried that with skatteverket lol. I'm in the system now I guess. So everytime I go, they just say there's nothing they can do because of Brexit or because I don't have a job. But the job offers I have got, they said they won't hire me until I have a personummer. So yea... work that out. Skattsverket also told me I'm not allowed to go to SFI as well. Which I now found out is bullshit as well. During my recent visits to skattsverket, they sent me to a refugee center. I even tried going to skattsverket in a different city. They told me to apply to migrationsverket instead, but then whenever I go to migrationsverket. They simply tell me that I automatically have right of residence and to go back to skattsverket.

I met an Italian girl at SFI, she was having the same problems as me. So she told me to apply online as someone moving to a EU family member in Sweden. As apparently that's easier and then I'll get a paper saying that I can actually live here which skattsverket will have to accept. That's what that waiting time above is for. I don't know if the fact I've been here for over a year now is gonna effect my application though.
+
Cheeseroller
post 15.Jun.2018, 09:06 AM
Post #174

@Sawhatwhen - there is no automatic right to move to any EU country as an EU citizen, except to the UK! Other countries beyond a 3 months tourist visit set conditions such as job contract, place at university, sufficient wealth, etc.

Because the UK didn't impose these rules and allowed free access to the health system, and accepted Bulgarians and Romanians to immigrate immediately after their countries joined the EU - rather than impose a 6 year delay like other sane countries - is what caused a lot of dissatisfaction and led to Brexit.
+
Martian
post 15.Jun.2018, 02:42 PM
Post #175

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 15.Jun.2018, 10:06 AM) *
@Sawhatwhen - there is no automatic right to move to any EU country as an EU citizen, except to the UK! Other countries beyond a 3 months tourist visit set conditions such ... (show full quote)

Eureka!
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jun.2018, 03:45 PM
Post #176

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 8.Jun.2018, 07:44 PM) *
Do you think that mentally disturbed are only found in Sweden?Or do you think that people who use data, and not state propaganda, to make informed decision are to be labelled ... (show full quote)

GET A LIFE.

Leave Sweden. Choice is yours. You are obsessed with Sweden, it is sad.
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jun.2018, 03:47 PM
Post #177

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 15.Jun.2018, 09:52 AM) *
I've already tried that with skatteverket lol. I'm in the system now I guess. So everytime I go, they just say there's nothing they can do because of Brexit or bec ... (show full quote)

You could work as a consultant, and invoice them via UK.
Many people have done that. But there is no benefits in Sweden that you are covered for...just basic EU rights for health.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 15.Jun.2018, 04:05 PM
Post #178

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 15.Jun.2018, 10:06 AM) *
@Sawhatwhen - there is no automatic right to move to any EU country as an EU citizen, except to the UK! Other countries beyond a 3 months tourist visit set conditions such ... (show full quote)

Aha. I honestly didn't know... I thought that was part of the EU agreement. But, as you said, I guess that just permitted people to vacation more freely as tourists.

Then I don't know if I believe the original poster... If you actually had job offers, or if an employer actually said no number no job... Because the employer would know you could be hired, start work, get things sorted out at skatteverket and then be paid retroactively.

There's also a samordningsnummer, if I'm spelling correctly. That would apply if you had a job offer and if employers don't know about this then inform them. It's not a personnummer but a number for tax purposes for employment or studying... I believe
+
Cheeseroller
post 15.Jun.2018, 05:20 PM
Post #179

Most of the UK are not aware of this and that it was successive governments that allowed mass immigration, while failing to plan for the additional infrastructure required. And no doubt, despite such ruinous organisation, they still believe Brexit will bring endless summers and unicorns.
+
Billy_UK
post 15.Jun.2018, 07:48 PM
Post #180

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 14.Jun.2018, 09:14 PM) *
Well, guess I should update. I just posted in another thread about this. But I logged into my account on migrationsverket and this is what I got.https://imgur.com/a/xK1xpSjHas ... (show full quote)

When i moved here in 2013 i was told it could take up to 14 months but got a decision after 2 months.
+

35 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: