The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

H&M ditches Kate Moss

The Local
post 20.Sep.2005, 12:24 PM
Post #1

H&M ditches Kate Moss

Swedish clothing retailer Hennes & Mauritz has decided not to use Kate Moss in its forthcoming advertising campaign, after photographs of the supermodel snorting cocaine appeared in the British press last week.

"After having considered the situation, we have decided to cancel the planned campaign," said Liv Asarnoj, press officer at H&M.

"It is not compatible with our clear opposition to drugs," she told Expressen.

Moss was due to model a range of clothes designed by Stella McCartney in preparation for the collection's launch in November. But images of her, taken in a London recording studio, dividing a pile of cocaine before snorting line after line of the drug through a rolled five pound note put the company off.

H&M says it will go ahead with the advertising campaign but will replace Moss with another model.

"I can't say how the new campaign will be at the moment - I don't want to go into details," said Liv Asarnoj.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 20.Sep.2005, 02:07 PM
Post #2

It's ok to be 'heroin chic', but not cocaine chick! tongue.gif
+
Bigd
post 20.Sep.2005, 02:24 PM
Post #3

maybe it was talcum powder and she was just powdering 'er nose... :roll: laugh.gif
+
*Guest*
post 20.Sep.2005, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Most of the world is under the influence of " Religion - the opium of the masses. "
+
*Guest*
post 20.Sep.2005, 02:34 PM
Post #5

SILLY

Do you remember where and when religion was just as illegal as drugs ?

Will the religions of the world destroy the world ?
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 20.Sep.2005, 02:45 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Kanelbulle)
Will the religions of the world destroy the world ?
All in a matter of time...One of them in particular plans world domination. :evil:

Anyway...H&M took a stand against its reps (and someone who models the clothes works is effectively a representative of the company) engaging in illegal activity - especially illegal activity that is reported in the news.

Motto: Do what you want, just dont get caught. :twisted:
+
*Guest*
post 20.Sep.2005, 03:28 PM
Post #7

Bigd

"maybe it was talcum powder and she was just powdering 'er nose... "

Not so long ago, both cocaine and talcum powder were legal.

Now cocaine is illegal. Will talcum powder become illegal ?

If you need it ... stock up now, while it is still legal.
+
*Guest*
post 20.Sep.2005, 03:38 PM
Post #8

Kanelbulle

Not so very long ago i went into a pharmacy in order to purchase a small bottle of Tincture of Iodine. That is an antiseptic that I use to put on small finger cuts. To my surprise, I was told that I had to have my name and address put into a Poison Control Book. Something new to me. Will I need to have a Doctors prescription to buy that in the future ? Things change !
+
Bugs Bunny
post 20.Sep.2005, 05:50 PM
Post #9

Hey people what is wrong here...it medical cocaine lets not be too rash...!!! :x
+
*Guest*
post 20.Sep.2005, 06:44 PM
Post #10

It is the people who use cocaine who become too rash.

Otherwise ... who cares what they do ?
+
*Guest*
post 27.Dec.2008, 06:53 PM
Post #11

Now we know why H&M's sales haven't been doing so well. They should have never dumped Kate Moss; she's hot.
+
The Nine
post 27.Dec.2008, 10:51 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (The Local)
H&M ditches Kate Moss

Swedish clothing retailer Hennes & Mauritz has decided not to use Kate Moss in its forthcoming advertising campaign, after photographs of the supermodel snorting cocaine appeared in the British press last week.

"After having considered the situation, we have decided to cancel the planned campaign," said Liv Asarnoj, press officer at H&M.

"It is not compatible with our clear opposition to drugs," she told Expressen.

Moss was due to model a range of clothes designed by Stella McCartney in preparation for the collection's launch in November. But images of her, taken in a London recording studio, dividing a pile of cocaine before snorting line after line of the drug through a rolled five pound note put the company off.

H&M says it will go ahead with the advertising campaign but will replace Moss with another model.

"I can't say how the new campaign will be at the moment - I don't want to go into details," said Liv Asarnoj.

Er.. this article is 2 years old. H&M backed out some 20 months ago. Then Gautier gave her a 20 million pound contract for her 30th birthday. Ironically her stock went up massively after those pics were published.

Dont believe the hype
+
Miss Kitten
post 28.Dec.2008, 01:11 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (The Nine)
Er.. this article is 2 years old. H&M backed out some 20 months ago. Then Gautier gave her a 20 million pound contract for her 30th birthday. Ironically her stock went up massively after those pics were published.

Dont believe the hype

Actually, it's three years old.

I know you like to "recycle" PK, but digging up three year-old news threads is completely pointless.
+
Shark99 - The Great Catsb...
post 29.Dec.2008, 04:39 PM
Post #14

Actually, it's three years old.

I know you like to "recycle" PK, but digging up three year-old news threads is completely pointless.

Especially since any self-respecting Swede wears Fjällräven!

http://www.fjallraven.se/

BTW, it's perfectly legit to dig up an old thread if it has some new relevance, like butt plugs, they never get old and apparently people on this forum never get tired of discussing them.
+
The Moozeylicious One
post 29.Dec.2008, 11:11 PM
Post #15

there is a lot of mileage with butt plugs
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: