The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

How is the boycott of The Local going?

Today is the day, share your experiences here

Dock Hussein Ellis
post 30.Apr.2009, 02:44 AM
Post #1

Haven't been here in a while but Kang told me about today's Boycott, and I wanted to see how it was going.

Anyone have any Boycott experiences to share? How's not being on The Local today working out for you?
Go to the top of the page
+
roch
post 30.Apr.2009, 05:57 AM
Post #2

Hi Dock,

Well its 6.51 here in the morning. The sun is shining and the sky is a brilliant clear blue where I am. Maybe we could report to you throughout the day with how the boycott is going and give you some details about what is happening here...

I am about to make some toast and have some marmite on it. I am fairly excited about this as you can't get marmite here... I got a jar from an adult student of mine whose husband had just been to the UK and he brought me back a jar. I might have told her that it was very English to try some.. cool.gif . and so she bought two jars one for me and one for her...BUT she doesn't like it (mwhahahaha) so I have ended up with both jars... oh lucky lucky day! So it rates right up there with the boycott today. Wow, today is starting off to be a cracker!

biggrin.gif
+
Mzungu
post 30.Apr.2009, 06:55 AM
Post #3

Beat you too it roch,had my Marmite toasty at around 6.00 and have now prepared a chicken curry for the W/E all on this bright sunny morning,have a happy one! biggrin.gif

*what boycott?*
+
Temp
post 30.Apr.2009, 06:58 AM
Post #4

It's all very dull and boring this boycott - though I guess that's the point.

No protests hanging around outside The Local's office, no violence, no riot police (ok, there's one police car, but they're most likely there to stop anymore spontaneous singing of Tingeling outside the Russian Embassy)

There is an unconfirmed report of a lone person holding a banner objecting to The Local's suppression of freedom of speech, though they quickly left after Editor Bob came out with a paint brush and started editing the banner's message.

Even the independent observer from Svensktidningbojkottmyndigheten has gone home; more updates to come if anything starts happening...
+
Bee
post 30.Apr.2009, 07:50 AM
Post #5

scabs! scabs!
+
Fjällräv
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:19 AM
Post #6

Well Dock I doth protest at The Local Ooops so this is a boycott I guess I shouldnt be here then Ill come back later to tell everyone else Damn where have those fullstops and comas gone along with the other punctuations Me thinks PK will show up today under a different alias as the idiot is so full of his own self importance that he wont be able to stay away TL aint perfect but hey its not bad See ye later or not HRF
+
Squiddy
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:22 AM
Post #7

We'll, easily, be, able, to, spot, the, return, of, PK, as, he, no, doubt, will, have, brought, his, comma, machine, gun, along, for, the, ride,,,,,,,,,,,

I for one won't be making any posts on TL today. Apart from this one. And maybe a few others.
+
Nicklouse
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:33 AM
Post #8

this is Boycott?

there is only One Boycott and that is Geoff.

wink.gif
+
Fjällräv
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:35 AM
Post #9

Did I tell you that I am not going to post here today? D'oh! huh.gif

/HRF *did it again*
+
Paulo +fab muscular than ...
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:38 AM
Post #10

This boycott thingy could never work! LOL
Don't you know that whatever is forbbiden makes us even more curious about it? rolleyes.gif
+
Kieruk
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:40 AM
Post #11

Good morning all!

I think the anti boycott isnt due to start properly until after lunch...but maybe I am wrong about that too!

My boycott day started as most others...hit snooze too many times and was late for work...didn't even have time for Marmite on toast this morning!

I have also just realised that my day is really busy, so I might not even be able to boycott as I wanted! Pants. Ooooops, I wonder if I am allowed to say pants or if it will be moderated...hmmm, will just have to see!

Maybe we should invent some chants or songs to give this boycott a bit more of a human feel...

I suggest:

Leader. What do we want?
Group. We aren't sure!
Leader. When do we want it?
Group. We aren't sure about that either!
Leader. Why are we bothering?
Group. Because its funny to go against anything PK says!
+
Nomark
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:41 AM
Post #12

Barring an essential post on the gurkhas my boycott is going well.

The running dog Bob will soon be chased out of virtual town.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 30.Apr.2009, 08:52 AM
Post #13

Good morning. I must confess that an early deadline, some lazy colleagues, 25 degrees of sunshine and the prospect of a bunch of Chalmers students offering free satire may lead me to post less here today. However that shouldn't be taken as a boycott of the not boycott. It's just life getting in the way.
+
llaregub
post 30.Apr.2009, 09:17 AM
Post #14

never been much of a union man and done the strike thing, and since I don't post all that often on here I thought I would make a special effort on boycott day. laugh.gif
+
Squiddy
post 30.Apr.2009, 09:21 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (VikingHumpingWitch @ 30.Apr.2009, 09:52 AM) *
Good morning. I must confess that an early deadline, some lazy colleagues, 25 degrees of sunshine and the prospect of a bunch of Chalmers students offering free satire may le ... (show full quote)

Are you refering to the parade thingy that the students put on this evening? If so, is it worth going - me and the wife+kids are planning on having a peek later and I was wondering if it's any good?
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: