The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Weekend Drinks

AndyMcWilson
post 25.Oct.2008, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Are there any locallers going out tonight?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make any of the organised drinking sessions but if there are any plans for tonight maybe I could join!

Cheers
Go to the top of the page
+
70sdreamer
post 25.Oct.2008, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Which city are you in?

Don't know of any planned drinkies myself, and I'll be going to Lilla Judy in Södermalm for the Knicker Kitten Burlesque Revue 'Boobs Galore' (including Sweden's first ever tassel twirling Championships) with some friends... But I'm sure there might be others doing more 'normal' things this evening. Shunt? Fjällräv? Hobo? Lauraj?
+
Fjällräv
post 25.Oct.2008, 12:24 PM
Post #3

70's? You're mad! =) Tassel Twirling? :shock: laugh.gif :shock:

I'm heading out to watch the rugger this afternoon - Probably Wirströms. Ask the guys behind the bar who Karl is and they'll point out the godshite in the corner.

As for tonight... probably won't be out but never say never :wink:

Hobo will probably warn you to stay away from me - I can be a bad influence!

/HRF *find me on FB (The Locallers group) and get in touch*
+
Fjällräv
post 25.Oct.2008, 12:42 PM
Post #4

If Wirströms is prioritising that gobshite game with the round ball, you might find us in O'Cs or Dubs.

Do the same thing and they'll point to the corner I'm standing in 8)

Yo Hobo! When you over next? Haven't got ye pissed in ages! :wink:

/HRF
+
shunt
post 25.Oct.2008, 01:43 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Fjällräv)
Yo Hobo! When you over next? Haven't got ye pissed in ages! :wink: /HRF

Hobo... WTF are you?

Yeah I would normally be up for something, but have to work this weekend... Be careful dude, when I went for "one drink" with Karl I got home at some ungodly hour of Monday morning :shock:
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 25.Oct.2008, 01:47 PM
Post #6

I am too busy this evening... getting laid and stuff. :twisted: biggrin.gif So I won't be able to meet up for a drink.

Sorry... smile.gif
+
Mzungu
post 25.Oct.2008, 02:03 PM
Post #7

Still on the chicken farm are we Ezpen?
Fridge is full, all on the bottom shelf...

*good to see you about on TL,even if it's occationally*
+
AndyMcWilson
post 25.Oct.2008, 03:14 PM
Post #8

Thanks for the replies guys and for the warning shunt!!! Duly noted.

I live in Stockholm. Out of interest where is Wirströms?

Does anyone know when the next organised event will be?
+
Paddy
post 25.Oct.2008, 03:18 PM
Post #9

It's in Gamla Stan, on Stora Nygatan. Nice wee pub actually.
+
Littlest Hobo
post 25.Oct.2008, 03:32 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (shunt)
Hobo... WTF are you?

Yeah I would normally be up for something, but have to work this weekend... Be careful dude, when I went for "one drink" with Karl I got home at some ungodly hour of Monday morning :shock:

You called??

Like the true littlest hobo, I go where the work is (And no...I don't whore myself out before you all start...)

Unfortunately (Or fortunately...) due to general incompetence by the Swedish part of the team, my current workload is limited to pile after pile of paperwork, reading and trying to make spreadsheets do clever sh1t...so I escaped to the other side of the north sea to do it there...here...erm...

I'll be probably back over there in a week or two, if not to simply ridicule my colleagues for their cock ups...soooooooo...We need to have a drink or two then.no?

Maybe a "locallers" midweek soiree that Andy McWilson can attend?

Disclaimer: Drinking with Karl can seriously damage your wallet and/or health and/or your memory.

PS Wirstroms is in gamla Stan on Stora nygatan...
+
AndyMcWilson
post 25.Oct.2008, 03:51 PM
Post #11

Karl, nice work, that's two warnings in as many hours. Quite impressive!!!

Seeing as I don't get paid until next week I think the safer option will be to wait for the midweek drinks if people are up for it.

To change tack slightly, does anyone know of any football teams on the south side of the city that just have a friendly kick about? Someone told me these teams are known as Korpen, but i'm not sure!
+
Jamie_plymouth
post 25.Oct.2008, 04:03 PM
Post #12

Korpen is a slower paced game than the Stockholm leagues and from what Ive watched the players tend to be slight older as well. Tthere is 11 a side and 7 a side.

The football season is coming to and end now, I believe leagues have finished and its just the Stockholm Cup left with the last game of the year today.

If you are looking to join a team you're too late for the 5 aside winter leagues as registration cut of dates have passed in all the ones I know of.
Teams start training and playing preseason friendlies around february so thats the best time to join a team.

There's a group on Facebook set up by Bleepix called Jumpers For Goal Posts for those interested in having a weekend kickaround when the weathers good.
+
AndyMcWilson
post 25.Oct.2008, 04:09 PM
Post #13

Thanks for info Jamie.

I should have thought about joining a 5 a side team earlier. Oh well, I will sign up to the Jumpers for Goal Posts group and see what happens.
+
Jamie_plymouth
post 25.Oct.2008, 04:16 PM
Post #14

Ive just seen theres a kickaround at 2pm tomorrow at Gärdet.
+
Lauraj
post 25.Oct.2008, 04:22 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (70sdreamer)
Which city are you in?

But I'm sure there might be others doing more 'normal' things this evening. Shunt? Fjällräv? Hobo? Lauraj?

no idea why I would have been mentioned here, as I am not really the type to go out much and especially drink!! (whatever you do, make sure not look through the Locallers pics)

:oops:

but, I do live in Södermalm, so if you up for a drink let me know. I am on the Facebook group also, under a pseudo Laura Shelton.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: