The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Artificial Insemination Stockholm

Waiting list vs private clinic

AdviceSeeker
post 28.Aug.2018, 09:29 AM
Post #1

My husband and I are hoping to get inseminated as soon as possible, we went through all the checks and the doctors discovered that there were no problems with either of us and we've waited for about 2 years now so we don't want to wait any longer.

We're trying to decide on whether to just wait our turn on the list or to go to a private clinic and get it done with no wait or less wait, can anybody share their experiences with me regarding the waiting list vs a private clinic?
Go to the top of the page
+
john.boy
post 28.Aug.2018, 05:22 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (AdviceSeeker @ 28.Aug.2018, 10:29 AM) *
My husband and I are hoping to get inseminated as soon as possible,

I know that there are those that believe they are the wrong gender, is this why your husband wants to get inseminated?

PS. Don't vote Vänsterpartiet in the coming election they are anti-semites rolleyes.gif
+
Saywhatwhat
post 28.Aug.2018, 06:15 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (john.boy @ 28.Aug.2018, 06:22 PM) *
I know that there are those that believe they are the wrong gender, is this why your husband wants to get inseminated?. PS. Don't vote Vänsterpartiet in the coming election they are anti-semites rolleyes.gif

Hahaha!

With all the rape cases in Sweden I am surprised there is a need for artificial insemination
+
ChocOwl
post 29.Aug.2018, 01:37 PM
Post #4

I'm sure there are facebook groups (probably in Swedish) where you can get some helpful feedback. Perhaps start here https://www.barnloshetsverige.se/ and ask to join their FB forum.
+
john.boy
post 29.Aug.2018, 04:50 PM
Post #5

On a serious note...

If you are in Stockholm, then contact SophiaHemmet, it is a private healthcare provider that also has contracts to provide in certain areas public healthcare. They used to also have a comprehensive program with regards IVF, where the initial consultations including fertility investigation, and also insemination were provided at regular public cost. If it turned out you needed the IVF, then kicked in the private costs. Not sure if they still have those public contracts.

Mind You, because many private healthcare providers have public contracts, and provide a far superior service, there is a good chance there is a waiting list also.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 29.Aug.2018, 05:13 PM
Post #6

There's really that much of a need for artificial insemination in Sweden that it's created a 2 yr wait list?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: