The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Summer job possibilities

Does anyone have an advice?

Nemezide
post 7.Feb.2010, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Hello people,

I am 21 years old student, female. I really really would like to get a job this summer in Stockholm (well now i am living in Uppsala, but I don't think there are many chances to get any job here, because there are many students here).

Facts:
I don't speak swedish (well but I am going to take basic swedish course, so I will get an idea about swedish until summer, of course I won't speak fluently).
I don't have any experience of work. I have never had any job.
Well, of course with such a "package" I understand it won't be easy. I thought maybe I have a chance to get a job in a supermarket, or something like this. Actually I ran out of ideas.
Is it possible in general?

Anyway any comments, suggestions, ideas will be appreciated

Egle
Go to the top of the page
+
PBR_Streetgang
post 7.Feb.2010, 09:46 PM
Post #2

bar work - do the rounds of the pubs in town. keep doing it every few weeks until they get tired of saying No!
+
kaze
post 8.Feb.2010, 12:21 AM
Post #3

Where are you from?
As PBR says bar work is good, this especially works out if you can find something for your nationality- Irish pubs like to have Irish employees, Indian restaurants Indians,etc...
Makes the place more authentic and all that.

As you say in Uppsala you've pretty much no hope without that special angle. I know several Swedes who are really wanting work in Uppsala but can't get any.
Knowing Swedish really really is very important, you hear horror stories of people who can't even get rubbish full time jobs as cleaners and the like because their Swedish isn't good enough.
+
Furu
post 8.Feb.2010, 01:05 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Nemezide @ 7.Feb.2010, 08:05 PM) *
Hello people,I am 21 years old student, female. I really really would like to get a job this summer in Stockholm (well now i am living in Uppsala, but I don't think there ... (show full quote)

Some Universities hire foreign students in summer to help reduce the workload in International office. They answer email enquiries from prospective foreign students.
+
Nemezide
post 9.Feb.2010, 12:31 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (PBR_Streetgang @ 7.Feb.2010, 09:46 PM) *
bar work - do the rounds of the pubs in town. keep doing it every few weeks until they get tired of saying No!

sounds like a plan, thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (kaze @ 8.Feb.2010, 12:21 AM) *
Where are you from?As PBR says bar work is good, this especially works out if you can find something for your nationality- Irish pubs like to have Irish employees, Indian rest ... (show full quote)

I am from Lithuania. Thank you for a comment.
Yep, I've done with Uppsala

QUOTE (Furu @ 8.Feb.2010, 01:05 AM) *
Some Universities hire foreign students in summer to help reduce the workload in International office. They answer email enquiries from prospective foreign students.

That's interesting, I didn't hear about that. Thanks man wink.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: