The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Theatre nurse jobs while studying in UMEA

Living in umea

*wezzie*
post 22.Mar.2012, 04:51 PM
Post #1

iam malawian by nationality. iam a registered nurse and have been working as a theatre nurse in uk for the past three years.
i got a scholarship to study masters degree at umea university. the scholarship caters for tuition and living costs for me only .iam having a baby and will be 3-4 months in aug-september when am supposed to start the course.i would like to bring the baby with me and a nanny.
what are my chances in this area to get a part time job as a theatre nurse while studying. i dont speak any swedish but am assuming it might not be as necessary as i wont be dealing with patients directly...ie most patients asleep during operations
please can someone just shade some light and tips regariding living in umea
thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
johnjohn
post 22.Mar.2012, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Sorry but not possible. Good luck.
+
Puffin
post 22.Mar.2012, 10:48 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (wezzie @ 22.Mar.2012, 04:51 PM) *
what are my chances in this area to get a part time job as a theatre nurse while studying. i dont speak any swedish but am assuming it might not be as necessary as i wont be d ... (show full quote)

Sorry but this will not be possible - even of your qualifications were recognised - you would need to be fluent in Swedish - I know quite a few overseas qualified staff and all have been required to be fluent in Swedish

The operating theatre will have Swedish as its working language and you would need to maintain patient journals in Swedish and following Swedish healthcare laws as well as follow the Swedish medication guidelines and liaise with other staff etc in Swedish

However if you could learn some Swedish you might be able to work part time in Care Homes for the elderly or disabled etc - this is what many overseas trained staff do while they are perfecting their Swedish - I know quite a few students who used to do care home night shifts
+
Furu
post 23.Mar.2012, 01:58 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (wezzie @ 22.Mar.2012, 04:51 PM) *
please can someone just shade some light and tips regariding living in umea

Very cold during winters.
+
Puffin
post 23.Mar.2012, 08:31 AM
Post #5

If you are planning to bring an employee with you to Sweden then you will need to look at the visa/tax implications of this - as employer you will be responsible for social insurance payments

For a a non-EU citizen you need to have a visa and a signed contract for a salary over 13,000SEK per month - unless the person is eligible under au-pair regulations and then the salary is over 3,500SEK with free room and board

Nannies are fairly unusual in Sweden because Sweden subsidised childcare so thar parents pay only 1250kr (around £110) per month for full time childcare - however the problem is that you are not eligible until the child is 12 months
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: