The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Undergrad studies - behöriget question

Phd not included towards eligibility?

Johnny51
post 13.Jun.2017, 08:31 AM
Post #1

Hej alla,
I've been in Sweden for around 12 years, looking at retraining and going university. I have undergrad, master and phd degrees. However, it would seem that these do not count towards eligibility to study. Unfortunately, my original grades from the UK for CSE and O levels are not particularly impressive, and are insufficient to meet the entry requirements. I wonder if anyone has any experience of higher degrees being taken into consideration with regard to improving admission chances? I'm looking at taking a nursing degree, and my higher degrees are in life science. My alternative is to take the high school test, and again, I wonder if this can be augmented with my subsequent education after school. Thanks for any advice!
Go to the top of the page
+
the_austrian
post 13.Jun.2017, 01:15 PM
Post #2

Hi,

That is, unfortunately, true. I have applied for several undergrad free-standing courses that did not need prior study. I hold a BA Hons and MA degree and was rejected everytime until I asked what was wrong with my application.

They told me that in my five years of high school in Austria, I am missing a semester certificate from my Austrian high school because I completed a semester at an American high school. I have got the American semester certificate, but I am basically missing one semester in Austria.

I am still not accepted anywhere due to this fact.

You basically will have to get your high school grades together for a successful application.

But please let me know how it goes for you!

Best wishes
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: