The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Hate Filled Woman Swedish MP Claims

All Men Are Rapists

Bsmith
post 21.Apr.2019, 11:41 AM
Post #16

Sweden, land of mystery meat.

What't in those falukorvs, anyway?
Go to the top of the page
+
Gjeebes
post 21.Apr.2019, 07:25 PM
Post #17

Speaking of mystery "meats", I never understood the Meatballian obsession with canned "meats".

There is usually a whole isle (both sides) dedicated to many varieties of this disgusting phenomenon in a can, in almost any grocery store.

Why?
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 21.Apr.2019, 07:44 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 21.Apr.2019, 08:25 PM) *
Speaking of mystery "meats", I never understood the Meatballian obsession with canned "meats".There is usually a whole isle (both sides) dedicated to many ... (show full quote)

Because some people like it? You seem to have a real problem with people not having tastes similar to yours. Odd for a person claiming to hate sweden because of its uniformity.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 21.Apr.2019, 11:13 PM
Post #19

Speaking of mystery "meats", I never understood the Meatballian obsession with canned "meats".There is usually a whole isle (both sides) dedicated to many ... (show full quote)

A few theories:

They like the nostalgia of war time when they were makin it rich with their good ol nazi buddies. Think “member berries” from South Park if you are familiar.

They like to put on a humble poor beginnings facade all to give additional mana to their virtue signaling card.

It is for war time... they are at war with themselves and serve punishment a la canned meats whilst staring deeply into a mirror.

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 21.Apr.2019, 08:44 PM) *
Because some people like it? You seem to have a real problem with people not having tastes similar to yours. Odd for a person claiming to hate sweden because of its uniformity.

Whoosh
There it goes flying over your head.

The Swedes then seem to uniformly like canned meats then wouldn’t you say?

+
Gjeebes
post 22.Apr.2019, 07:51 AM
Post #20

"Because some people like it?"

Your answer comes with a question mark?

I understand your uncertainty. Don't worry, anyone who has stared one of the water-logged turds-in-a-can in the eyes will sympathise.

And for the new comers, here's a tip for the Meatballian bbq. Whilst you are tending your steaks etc, do make sure to bring a can-opener for your Meatballian guests; wouldn't want them to starve.
+
ChocOwl
post 22.Apr.2019, 10:01 AM
Post #21

I have never noticed this in Sweden, must have a look (I have only lived in Sweden for 20 years and only in 3 different regions, perhaps that's why I have not yet come across this phenomenon).
In my mind, tinned meat is Spam and very English.

By the way, with the increasing popularity of a vegan or vegetarian diet in Sweden, perhaps you might consider a different term to "Meatballian"?

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 21.Apr.2019, 08:44 PM) *

Excellent point!
+
Gjeebes
post 22.Apr.2019, 11:02 AM
Post #22

"I have never noticed this in Sweden"

Hmmm, maybe 20 years of Meatballia hasn't worked for you as well as you thought. Or you are just oblivious to the world around you, as is quite fashionable in the Greasy Meatball!

Or maybe, you just need to get out more?
+
ChocOwl
post 22.Apr.2019, 11:49 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 22.Apr.2019, 12:02 PM) *
"I have never noticed this in Sweden"Hmmm, maybe 20 years of Meatballia hasn't worked for you as well as you thought. Or you are just oblivious to the world arou ... (show full quote)

Or perhaps you shop in bizarre supermarkets which have several aisles of canned meat?
Sweden is working out fine for me and I do get out enough, but thanks for your concern.
Not sure how Sweden "not working out" would relate to my supermarket experiences, however. Should I be disappointed about the lack of canned meat in my visual field, is that your point?
+
Bsmith
post 22.Apr.2019, 12:51 PM
Post #24

I don't care for canned meat but Canned Heat was a good ol' Blues band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0PjECSyJ7w
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 22.Apr.2019, 12:54 PM
Post #25

And now they are "fronting" for an insurance company...
+
Bsmith
post 22.Apr.2019, 03:15 PM
Post #26

I think most of them are dead now.
+
Gjeebes
post 22.Apr.2019, 06:58 PM
Post #27

"Or perhaps you shop in bizarre supermarkets which have several aisles of canned meat?"

Hmmm, ICA and CO-OP are pretty bog-standard for Meatballia. And not "several isles"; stop exaggerating.

Are you embarrassed about the Meatballs' obsession with canned "meats"? Why do you have to make-up like it is only found in "bizarre" supermarkets?

Why can't you just face-it? You live in a nation with real problems, and canned "meats" is definitely 1 of them.
+
Bsmith
post 22.Apr.2019, 10:46 PM
Post #28

Like any country, Sweden does have its share of issues. I would not characterize an obsession with canned meats as one of them unless you are talking about surströmming, which is a difficult one for me to understand. Half rotten fish, anyone????
+
ChocOwl
post 23.Apr.2019, 05:21 PM
Post #29

There is usually a whole isle (both sides) dedicated to many varieties of this disgusting phenomenon in a can, in almost any grocery store.

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 22.Apr.2019, 07:58 PM) *
"Or perhaps you shop in bizarre supermarkets which have several aisles of canned meat?"Hmmm, ICA and CO-OP are pretty bog-standard for Meatballia. And not "seve ... (show full quote)

You are the person who sees canned meat everywhere, not me...
You keep referring to "isles" (which means islands).
QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 22.Apr.2019, 07:58 PM) *
Are you embarrassed about the Meatballs' obsession with canned "meats"? Why do you have to make-up like it is only found in "bizarre" supermarkets?Why ... (show full quote)

Goodness me, I couldn't care less about the issue as I think the supposed Swedish obsession with canned meat is a figment of your imagination.

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 22.Apr.2019, 11:46 PM) *
Like any country, Sweden does have its share of issues. I would not characterize an obsession with canned meats as one of them unless you are talking about surströmming, whi ... (show full quote)

+1
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 23.Apr.2019, 09:50 PM
Post #30

Surströmming, is undergoing secret testing for usage in crowd control rolleyes.gif
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: