The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Secondhand Smoke is "toxic air contaminant"

VikingHumpingWitch
post 27.Jan.2006, 05:18 PM
Post #16

I can recommend a range of replacement ones if that would help? :wink:
Go to the top of the page
+
*Kodos*
post 27.Jan.2006, 05:21 PM
Post #17

Hell yeah!

Bring 'em on.
+
*Littlefair*
post 27.Jan.2006, 05:23 PM
Post #18

Hey you can have some of mine if you want
+
FR
post 27.Jan.2006, 09:35 PM
Post #19

Gluttony
Lust
Sloth
Greed
Pride
Envy
Anger
+
Dakyras
post 28.Jan.2006, 04:47 PM
Post #20

Wow FR... A negative thread about smoking from you. Who would have thought it. Are you not sick of flogging this horse? Probably not. Lets see... Smoking bad, smokers evil, everyone must stop smoking in order to save FR's precious lungs, sue the neighbours, yadda yadda yadda. Move on for gods sake :roll:
+
*Littlefair*
post 28.Jan.2006, 04:51 PM
Post #21

she can't evil smokers have made it so she cant walk anywhere without passive smoking.
+
*Brah*
post 28.Jan.2006, 04:56 PM
Post #22

Ms Humper...Not to defned CALI, but they have the toughest emissions laws in the states...
Surely you have soem good stories with your name to add to the new forum we started up over on the discuss area.
Hump away Humpty Dumpty Humpty Dance Humpback
+
Dakyras
post 28.Jan.2006, 04:59 PM
Post #23

Your a bit mad aren't you Matthew? Do you see things that are not there? Are the voices getting to you? :wink:
+
*Kodos*
post 28.Jan.2006, 07:52 PM
Post #24

Oooooh Dakyras, cut the poor bastard a break. He's far too busy gazing into the mirror to listen to the voices in his head.

Mwwwwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah...
+
*Toronto 1*
post 29.Jan.2006, 02:52 AM
Post #25

Kang I know you can do it. I smoked for over 20 years and I have not had one smoke since I quit. Believe me it is hard. But if your getting sick over it, quit while you can.
My mother died because of smoking. She smoked for over 60 years.
I sure as s*it do not want to go that way.
Try the patch, nicotine gum, anything please to help you quit.
Just try, if I can quit, anybody can. Trust me!!!!!!!
+
Alice Is Back
post 29.Jan.2006, 03:14 AM
Post #26

kang i think it is wonderful you have decided to quit. My uncle had a near-death heart attack due to smoking even if he was only 50 and my step-father is always sick partly due to smoking. It is not worth it.
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 29.Jan.2006, 04:52 AM
Post #27

Congratulations Kang.

It sucks. Oh how it sucks. But it is soooooo worth it.

What worked for me was the patch for the nicotine, chewing gum to satisfy the oral cravings, and plastic straws to fiddle with. And a lot of crying, whining and generally being miserable. My now pojkvän was really great. and supportive of the whole process. For me I really needed someone that I could say "I hate this, it sucks, I'm dying for a cigarette. Why am I doing this to myself?" to and who would be sympathetic, but logically point out all the things I was losing sight of while I was wallowing in self pity.
+
Dogge
post 29.Jan.2006, 08:13 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Littlefair)
Oh sod off in a country that shuns Kayoto they want to whine about smokers I think they should get real.

Do you realize that not all states/people in the USA have the seem toward every issue as the current administration?

And you should also realize that states laws can go against what the federal government decides on certain issues. There are many differernt views in the US, especially with the nation as divided as it is. You shouldn't get your panties in a bunch that California wants to have stricter air emission standards while Washington deicded not to sign the Kyoto treaty.
+
Jimmy
post 29.Jan.2006, 08:24 PM
Post #29

Yeah well I just went out and had a smoke. smile.gif Rolled my own as I have for a long time now (probably why I still get a game of cricket with the windies boys, they need papers usually) , so none of the chemicals that are in pre-made. Enjoyed it and have no regrets smile.gif If you want to give up Yippee but hopefully it is not forced upon the ones that want to smoke.
If I am out at a restaurant eating dinner I would go outside by my own choice to have a smoke. But if I was having a beer at a pub then I would stay inside.
My grandfather smoked for 65 years then he quit, lived another 6-8 years no problem but I think he didn't remember that he smoked at the end
+
FR
post 29.Jan.2006, 11:51 PM
Post #30

The chemicals are not added at the rolling process the "treatment" process. Unless you buy the tobacco fresh and green and dry it yourself, you're smoking the chemicals.
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: