The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

Anti-American? Anti-European?

Windycity
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:36 PM
Post #31

I am so tired of this boring condesension which I find ususally comes from psudeo-intellectual Europeans.
That said, cya, I have many European friends, and this is not a broad sweeping generalization :wink:
This debate is so tired! Here's an idea, instead of always bitching about us, maybe you can use some of this fabulous energy and actually do something. Your days may be over as world superpowers, but I am sure you must have something still to contribute. Although all I normally encounter is what I call the 'can not do' attitude. I feel sorry for you!
Go to the top of the page
+
Benzed
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:47 PM
Post #32

Silence, filthy yank.
+
Franko
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:49 PM
Post #33

"psudeo-intellectual " ?????
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:50 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Benzed)
Silence, filthy yank.

laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Mark Base
http://www.markbase.net
For observations and opinions about life in Helsingborg
+
Windycity
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:50 PM
Post #35

Bite me Benzed! To be fair, where are you from? I'd love to discuss your home country.
Interesting that you choose 'filthy' which is not a broad sweeping generalization most would associate with Americans. We actually do like to bathe.
+
Windycity
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:52 PM
Post #36

Oh and Franko, sorry I forgot to use spell check. I wish I could be as smart as you :oops:
+
Benzed
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:53 PM
Post #37

Haha, I´m from Botswana and we are UNTOUCHABLE.

See ya wouldn´t want to be ya.

8)
+
Windycity
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:55 PM
Post #38

Oh, Benzed, see that's the thing, I think you secretly do.
+
Franko
post 23.Feb.2006, 02:55 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (Windycity)
Oh and Franko, sorry I forgot to use spell check. I wish I could be as smart as you :oops:

Not possible Ben. Know the definition of a kiwi?
+
*Nico aka the boy wonder*
post 23.Feb.2006, 03:02 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Windycity)

When you've managed to get a good heated exchange going try to score points by using a word that will drive your opponent to the dictionary. Mock any attempts on their part to do the same. If possible humiliate them and react to attacks on your arguments with ironic references to misspellings, ill-conceived sentence construction, or inappropriate word usage.

laugh.gif
+
Windycity
post 23.Feb.2006, 03:07 PM
Post #41

Exactly.
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Feb.2006, 03:38 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Benzed)
Silence, filthy yank.

benzed would you like for me to start picking on you again, I know how much you enjoy that
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 23.Feb.2006, 04:06 PM
Post #43

Hrmm...I just got back from the US Embassy in Stockholm...did not have problem one.

Personally - people can be anti-american all they want...I really dont care. I dont even really pity their stupidity either...I just dismiss them because they are not worth my oxygen. biggrin.gif Actually...scratch that...sometimes I like stomping them down...especially if I am having a bad day. Anyone that is so obtuse to be anti-any nationality just because they think everyone of that nationality is "bad" is simple cannon fodder in a war of words. :twisted:
+
*Nico aka the boy wonder*
post 23.Feb.2006, 04:22 PM
Post #44

Interesting article.
http://www.hooverdigest.org/032/ash2.html

some quotes from the article
The Mars-Venus Debate

A study should be written on the sexual imagery of these stereotypes. If anti-American Europeans see ?the Americans? as bullying cowboys, anti-European Americans see ?the Europeans? as limp-wristed pansies. The American is a virile, heterosexual male; the European is female, impotent, or castrated. Militarily, Europeans can?t get it up. (After all, they have fewer than 20 ?heavy lift? transport planes, compared with the United States? more than 200.) Following a lecture I gave in Boston an aged American tottered to the microphone to inquire why Europe ?lacks animal vigor.? (The word ?eunuchs? is, I discovered, used in the form ?EU-nuchs.?) The sexual imagery even creeps into a more sophisticated account of American-European differences: In an already influential Policy Review article by Robert Kagan of the Carnegie Endowment for Peace entitled ?Power and Weakness.? ?Americans are from Mars,? writes Kagan approvingly, ?and Europeans are from Venus??echoing that famous book about relations between men and women, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

The current stereotype of Europeans is easily summarized. Europeans are wimps. They are weak, petulant, hypocritical, disunited, duplicitous, sometimes anti-Semitic, and often anti-American appeasers. In a word: ?Euroweenies.? [Their values and their spines have dissolved in a lukewarm bath of multilateral, transnational, secular, and postmodern fudge.] They spend their euros on wine, holidays, and bloated welfare states instead of on defense. Then they jeer from the sidelines while the United States does the hard and dirty business of keeping the world safe for Europeans. Americans, by contrast, are strong, principled defenders of freedom, standing tall in the patriotic service of the world?s last truly sovereign nation-state.
+
*Kodos*
post 23.Feb.2006, 04:34 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (Proud2busmarine)
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has never been in combat. Therefore, everything he says is null and void, anyhow.

Next...

So I guess retiring from the Navy as a Captain (One rank below General) has no bearing. Have you ever served your country (in the military)?. If not, then your logic says that your opinion of anyone who has is null and void.

Can't. Flat feet.
+

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: