The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

Any conservatives out there?

FR
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:04 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Proud2busmarine)
Thanks. Wish more people would read this.

I wish more people would understand it. Then they would see how the US violated it.
Go to the top of the page
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:05 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (RoyE)
We're out here. Here, maybe this will help.

http://www.un.int/usa/sres-iraq.htm

Hmmm nothing about a right to attack Iraq
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:06 PM
Post #18

They are out there... I think they are just hiding. Well, RoyE was brave enough to peek in, but he knows we love him and don't bite. (Much.)
+
FR
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:06 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Aaron_in_berlin)

No freaking kidding. Even worse, it preserves Iraq's sovreignty.
+
*Kodos*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:08 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Melanie)
They are out there... I think they are just hiding. Well, RoyE was brave enough to peek in, but he knows we love him and don't bite. (Much.)

Roy engages in intelligent dialogue, raises interesting points and does not rely on your typical Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly talking points to state his case. Although...he does reference the National Review. :wink:
+
*Kodos*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:08 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (FR)
No freaking kidding. Even worse, it preserves Iraq's sovreignty.

The hell you say!!!! Iraqi soverignty????
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:09 PM
Post #22

what those conservatives which always speak of standing up and fighting what they believe in. I am so depressed mel they really let me down. But I did vote for Republicans in 1994 and Sen. Lugar in 2000 so I think I will do just fine as a conservative on this thread laugh.gif
+
FR
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:09 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Kang)
The hell you say!!!! Iraqi soverignty????

Yes, measures taken against Iraq were not to violate it's sovreignty. Methinks invasion and deposing its leader is violating its sovreignty.
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:10 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (FR)
Yes, measures taken against Iraq were not to violate it's sovreignty. Methinks invasion and deposing its leader is violating its sovreignty.

what you just say goes against the AMERICAN WAY fr, even if I cannot explain why
+
*Proud2busmarine*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:11 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Aaron_in_berlin)

13. Recalls, in that context, that the Council has repeatedly warned Iraq that it will face serious consequences as a result of its continued violations of its obligations;

Only way it would be clearer is if it said, "The US is gonna attack you if you don't comply".

Unless, of course, the UN means another resolution. More toilet paper for Saddam and his henchmen.
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:11 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Kang)
Roy engages in intelligent dialogue, raises interesting points and does not rely on your typical Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly talking points to state his case. Although...he does reference the National Review. :wink:

And, I think he kind of likes when we chew on him.
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:12 PM
Post #27

you and your implied implied implied... "serious consequences" in my stern upbringing was no dinner and straight to bed!!
+
FR
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:13 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Proud2busmarine)
13. Recalls, in that context, that the Council has repeatedly warned Iraq that it will face serious consequences as a result of its continued violations of its obligations;

Only way it would be clearer is if it said, "The US is gonna attack you if you don't comply".

Unless, of course, the UN means another resolution. More toilet paper for Saddam and his henchmen.

Serious consequences not to include invasion and deposing of their leader.

Read the final version here:

http://daccessdds.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N02...pdf?OpenElement
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:15 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Aaron_in_berlin)
what those conservatives which always speak of standing up and fighting what they believe in. I am so depressed mel they really let me down. But I did vote for Republicans in 1994 and Sen. Lugar in 2000 so I think I will do just fine as a conservative on this thread laugh.gif

Hey, I've voted for a Republican before too! (Sherwood Boehlert in every election I've lived in his district.) I guess I can stay.

(And had McCain ever been the Republican candidate, I'd probably have voted for him over the other choices... but no... they had to go and get baby Bush...)

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/874.gif[/img]
+
*Kodos*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:20 PM
Post #30

Well, Aaron & Melanie...

I'll "see" your voting for Republicans. I will raise, however. I started contributing to the Republican National Committee when I was 15. I was a registered Republican for seven years (given that I'm 34...that is a good percentage of my voting life). I have voted for Republicans and will probably do so again. ohmy.gif

May I stay and play? Even if I am affiliated with the blue folks????
+

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: