The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

SAAB and Volvo on path?

Roger O. Thornhill
post 28.Feb.2006, 05:02 PM
Post #1

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO01/602280374

[img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5428/drinkincoffee3cx.gif[/img]

Does that SAAB Aero X look like a Pontiac Soltice?
Go to the top of the page
+
*Kodos*
post 28.Feb.2006, 05:03 PM
Post #2

I thought it looked more like a Corvette.
+
Nicklouse
post 28.Feb.2006, 05:05 PM
Post #3

might be on the same platform.
+
*Kodos*
post 28.Feb.2006, 05:12 PM
Post #4

Oh goody. Another Saab hybrid. I do not think that the Saaburu is selling well. I guess they had to try something else.

I just wish they would bring back the "egg" looking models. The combi looks too much like a station wagon. I have the 9-3 sport sedan. There's just something odd about having a Saab sedan, though. It makes me feel too suburban and housewife-ish.
+
Benzed
post 28.Feb.2006, 05:20 PM
Post #5

I quite fancy that actually.
+
*Toronto 1*
post 6.Mar.2006, 12:50 AM
Post #6

Kang if you want true surburba, buy a Chrysler mini-van to load the hockey gear, the dog and the 2.5 children you will have. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Just kidding!!!!
It's too bad about Saab and Volvo, I think the cars are becoming too North Americanized.
+
Roy E
post 6.Mar.2006, 01:05 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Toronto 1)
It's too bad about Saab and Volvo, I think the cars are becoming too North Americanized.

Volvo seems to have benefitted, The styling is far more attractive now. Volvos used to be considered butt-ugly. Now they're one of he more stylish sedans on the road (which of course is a subjective call).

This SAAB AeroX is pretty hot looking. Impractical though - for the image crowd.
+
*Kodos*
post 6.Mar.2006, 01:13 AM
Post #8

Yes. I thought there was a distinction between those who drive SAABs and those who drive BMWs. The BMW set wants to be seen. The SAAB set just wants to drive a nice, little sportscar.
+
*Toronto 1*
post 6.Mar.2006, 01:28 AM
Post #9

Yes, they are alot more stylish than they use to be.
In Canada you cannot get a new Volvo for under 30,000 and a new Saab will start off just under 30,000. Pretty expensive but they are a quality car.
+
*Kodos*
post 6.Mar.2006, 01:56 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Toronto 1)
Kang if you want true surburba, buy a Chrysler mini-van to load the hockey gear, the dog and the 2.5 children you will have. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Just kidding!!!!

If you put me in a mini-van or envirocrusher 3000, I will die. The kids will just have to hold their hockey gear on their laps. laugh.gif
+
*Toronto 1*
post 6.Mar.2006, 01:59 AM
Post #11

And what a painful death it would be, after a mandatory stop at the McDonald's drive-thru. laugh.gif
+
*Kodos*
post 6.Mar.2006, 02:05 AM
Post #12

Kill me, kill me now!!!!!!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: