The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

Taxation! Why less is more.

Roy E
post 7.Mar.2006, 12:48 AM
Post #31

QUOTE (Kang)
People are just responding to your initial post, which happens to deal with comparing Europe's financial viability v. America's.
/Marnie

Aaron did and I responded with these:

Celtic Tiger Devours Scandinavian Model
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/705

The Myth of the Scandinavian Model(2)
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/510

The Myth of the Scandinavian Model (3)
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/626
Go to the top of the page
+
*Littlefair*
post 7.Mar.2006, 12:51 AM
Post #32

QUOTE (Kang)
He he he...You said, "sex." laugh.gif

Damn right I did

I am a bloody sexy ass troll u know

Come on fr lets have sex :twisted: when I get to your pretty land. :twisted:
+
*Kodos*
post 7.Mar.2006, 12:52 AM
Post #33

Well...are you looking to discuss America's Economy, as addressed in your initial post, or Sweden's? I'm confused.

Or is this a compare and contrast?
+
*Arca*
post 7.Mar.2006, 12:55 AM
Post #34

That's one superficial analysis. Like many other conservative articles it has these silly metaphores, but few numbers.

Growth rate is just a total. It doesn't say anything about how that growth benefits the people and how it is distributed. The fact is that the past few years have not been so great for the median US family. Debt burden has increased, much of their wealth is a house bubble waiting to collapse, their wages have actually gone down. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

Here, some actual numbers:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6022300799.html
+
*Kodos*
post 7.Mar.2006, 12:56 AM
Post #35

As it usually goes when The Republicans hold the highest office.
+
Roy E
post 7.Mar.2006, 12:57 AM
Post #36

QUOTE (Kang)
People are just responding to your initial post, which happens to deal with comparing Europe's financial viability v. America's.

A psychologist might have fun with this. The article is about how Europe growth rates are down, job creation down, etc, etc.

And how do people react? Not by wondering what can be done to make things better, create more jobs, more growth, more tax revenues to support the welfae state, but rather, how do we tear down the competition so that we don't look so bad in comparison.

It 's rather astonishing, Somewhat depressing, too.

Exactly backwards.
+
*Arca*
post 7.Mar.2006, 01:05 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (RoyE)
A psychologist might have fun with this. The article is about how Europe growth rates are down, job creation down, etc, etc.

And how do people react? Not by wondering what can be done to make things better, create more jobs, more growth, more tax revenues to support the welfae state, but rather, how do we tear down the competition so that we don't look so bad in comparison.

Exactly backwards.

RoyE, don't you see that your system is going to crash? What's the point of having the faster car if you're heading for a brick wall. Wealth gap growing quickly, larger and larger section of the population slipping into poverty, health care costs growing at 10+ percent every year? Whatever growth you have is eaten away by an unfair distribution and costs of basic services.
+
*Kodos*
post 7.Mar.2006, 01:26 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (RoyE)

Exactly backwards.

Roy...

Given your wont to post typical, right wing rhetoric, you cannot fault your audience for reading the article with prejudice.

Every "point" is based on something the United States does better than most countries in the EU. You're not looking to make Europe better. You're not looking to discuss job creation or growth stimulation...you're looking to turn Europe into America, III (because America, Jr is Canada according to Homer J Simpson).

My advice, for the future, would be to preface posts with your thoughts so you're not immediately misinterpreted by your audience. I should also recommend your providing actual commentary and not links. The lack of commentary leads me to believe that you agree with every point in your reference.

You?re either looking to engage in discussion or advertise for a particular periodical. Which is it?

/Marnie
+
Bruce B
post 7.Mar.2006, 01:41 AM
Post #39

QUOTE (RoyE)
But the US has little to do with this thread. It's about Sweden and Europe.

I really don't understand the obsession with the US in this forum.
It's borderline pathological.

You will be hard pressed to keep a topic on Europe or more precis, Sweden. I will hand it to you though Roy, you have a polite way about you that just turns the valve enough to get a light spray of American lib BS. Well, let me just bust the pipe wide open.

Sorry Roy, I know that your trying to have a serious discussion about European matters here, but my assesment is the attempt is futile. Its always all about America get it. And if you have any positive points about anything BRA with Americas system right now, well, its just not acceptable to ...

While the focus of the comparison was to be on Europe, as compared to official figures. That point is missed. See, you crossed the line with lib ragers there. Nothing good can be there.

Nothing can be good in Americas system now, liberals work overtime for failure. See, success means they can never return to power. Which makes them an enemy to Americas success. Anything successful in America is wrong to them. It has gotten to the drastic measures of making Walmart a target, why? why because it is ... thats right, successful.

There is very little that seperates American liberals and terrorists. They both pray and work for Americas demise. Even when a Muslim radical drives a car into a crowd of innocent people in North Carolina. cough cough- American liberal maniacs blame it not on the extremists, Why no, its not his fault. Its George Bush who made him do it. Yes , they are lunatics and seething with rage.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++

The article was interesting in shedding some brighter light on the Swedish economic priciples and how they are misleading and hidden in a myriad of false data and statistics. Rare indeed to find anyone in Sweden that believes the official numbers on unemployment for example. It is like a lie everyone has learned to live with. Why? you tell me. As it really no secret to anybody.

"US defense projects like the internet, satellite communcations technology, and GPS have created whole new civilian industries." Yes Roy, and the response you go was in as much, denying that any of those points had any jobs left in America for them. (tempted for rolling eyes icon) Whoever says that those areas do not employ multitudes in America is riding the short school bus to school. Must be a bumpy ride in North Carolina.

Bruce B out :arrow:
+
*Kodos*
post 7.Mar.2006, 01:46 AM
Post #40

Bruce...

I give you credit. I didn't think you had it in you to offer up anything more than one liners.

But...cut the crap. Your entire post was a monument to your disdain for me. I do not understand how you, with your American ideals, would advocate the transferrance of jobs to overseas markets.

To speak to Roy's request, what would you do to provide jobs and stimulate economic growth? How would you keep Europe from sinking into the abyss that so frightens Roy? What business models would you use? Which ones would you eschew?

Stop taking up bandwith with personal attacks and start providing concrete data to back up your position. Without proof, you're just a "girly-man."

/Marnie
+
*Littlefair*
post 7.Mar.2006, 01:48 AM
Post #41

You know what to hell with it all

bounce :twisted:
+
Roy E
post 7.Mar.2006, 01:54 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (Arca)
RoyE, don't you see that your system is going to crash? What's the point of having the faster car if you're heading for a brick wall. Wealth gap growing quickly, larger and larger section of the population slipping into poverty, health care costs growing at 10+ percent every year? Whatever growth you have is eaten away by an unfair distribution and costs of basic services.

So we're doomed, then. wow. bummer.
+
*Kodos*
post 7.Mar.2006, 01:57 AM
Post #43

QUOTE (Littlefair)
You know what to hell with it all

bounce :twisted:

boing
boing
bounce
+
*Littlefair*
post 7.Mar.2006, 02:19 AM
Post #44

tonight kang join me lets bounce all we can :twisted:
+
*Kodos*
post 7.Mar.2006, 02:20 AM
Post #45

*grabs Littlefair's hand*

Boing, boing bounce!
+

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: