The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Iran and the Bomb

*Kodos*
post 7.Mar.2006, 09:15 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (Bruce cool.gif
For the record, nobody wished anything upon you. I stated that would not care if ... Do to the fact that I really dont. Is it a law I have to care about you? No, so get over yourself. Have fun, liberal rage boiling point has been achieved. laugh.gif

Oh and I support Israel, and really dont need any verifacation on that.

Sod off, shit for brains.
Go to the top of the page
+
Roy E
post 7.Mar.2006, 09:19 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (Nico)
Are you going to try the anti-semitism card on me?

No, actually I wasn't. I didn't have much indication where you stood on that before now.

The Iranian president could have said 'Nambia' for all I care. It wouldn't have changed anything. The guy wants nukes and seems nuts enough to use them. It doesn't much matter on who.

But it is interesting how you jumped to that conclusion. What made you do that?

Its also interesting how the discussion did make an abrupt turn to Israel.

It's pretty close to impossible for a thread to stay on topic around here.
+
*Nico aka the boy wonder*
post 7.Mar.2006, 09:34 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (RoyE)
But it is interesting how you jumped to that conclusion. What made you do that?

Someting about israel being wiped off the map and...
RoyE wrote

Many posts speak for themselves

Made me think you was insinuating something.

Its also interesting how the discussion did make an abrupt turn to Israel.

Both your article and you brought up Israel before i did... And besides. If we are discussing different views of a conflict its kind of hard not to talk about Israel.

It's pretty close to impossible for a thread to stay on topic around here.

Go with the flow..
+
Roy E
post 7.Mar.2006, 09:59 PM
Post #34

[quote="Nico"]Made me think you was insinuating something. [quote]

I wasn't. To clarify, your comment was:

[quote]A democracy with the need for nuclear energy. if they are building nuclear weapons can you blame them?. After all.. the reacent events form U.S i guess make them think they are going to be attacked. Wherever did they get that idea?![/quote]

1) Iran sits on top of huge oil reserves. What do they nuclear energy for?
2) Where do they get the idea they might get attacked? Probably from threatening another country with annihilation.

I assumed those points were obvious, and hence no reponse was really necessary. It appears I was wrong on that point.
+
*Crusader*
post 7.Mar.2006, 10:58 PM
Post #35

I thought we were nuking Iran?
+
post 7.Mar.2006, 11:08 PM
Post #36

The guy wants nukes and seems nuts enough to use them.

Wich country is alone in having bombed a nuke on people before?

Why is it that people should trust the only country that have had the people in power nutts enugh to have used nukes on people to have the moral value to descide who does and who doesn´t have the right morals to own nukes?

In not saying its good that iran wants nukes (if that even true).. no one should have them.I am questioning the double standard. No one have used nukes ever in history before execpt the country wich is chasing eveyone else to get rid of them.
+
*Crusader*
post 7.Mar.2006, 11:23 PM
Post #37

survival of the fittest
+
post 7.Mar.2006, 11:25 PM
Post #38

what a orgininal argument.. Never heard that before :roll:
+
*Crusader*
post 7.Mar.2006, 11:29 PM
Post #39

'orgininal'

never heard that before either
+
post 7.Mar.2006, 11:35 PM
Post #40

Ah greeat.. makking funn off sommeonnes speling is realy mature matuoure mautre ma..
+
*Crusader*
post 7.Mar.2006, 11:38 PM
Post #41

you walked straight into my dark British sense of humour...
+
post 7.Mar.2006, 11:40 PM
Post #42

Good one.. ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha... ha... ha ha... errr.. :roll:
+
Roy E
post 8.Mar.2006, 12:48 AM
Post #43

QUOTE (Nico)
Wich country is alone in having bombed a nuke on people before?

Why is it that people should trust the only country that have had the people in power nutts enugh to have used nukes on people to have the moral value to descide who does and who doesn´t have the right morals to own nukes?

The United States did. Saved a lot of lives by doing so too. The Okinawa experience made that pretty clear. When faced with two ugly options, you choose the least horrible one.

World Wars. pretty serious shit. Don't start 'em.

And what are the right morals?

It's interesting how you see the USA as the source if evil in the world. Boy are you gonna be surprised when real evil shows up on your doorstep. Sad thing is that when that happens, it will be too late.
+
*Meglos*
post 8.Mar.2006, 03:22 AM
Post #44

QUOTE (Nico)
A democracy with the need for nuclear energy. if they are building nuclear weapons can you blame them?. After all.. the reacent events form U.S i guess make them think they are going to be attacked. Wherever did they get that idea?!

So the government in Iran is a democracy now? Strange, not one of the many Iranians I've met outside Iran think so, even the devoutly Islamic ones. In fact, most of the locals I met in Iran didn't think so either. Admittedly that was only in Tehran, Esfahan and Shiraz. Maybe by sheer chance I met the entire Iranian opposition, who for some reason saw fit to confide in me.
+
*Carol*
post 8.Mar.2006, 03:42 AM
Post #45

More on Matt, please, from Matt or someone with a good memory. How/when/why were you in Iran? (And are you into Ayn Rand?) Thanks.

Perhaps someone could/should profile the rest of us here? I mean, I'm certain we'll all be struck with what's wrong with the profile, and it is obviously then useful for stereotyping--which everyone here is pretty careful about, barring myself...But I guess I'd like to follow more than age/sex/location on posters, and I can't go back through posts, let alone read them all first time out. Oh well--this should probably not be followed up on, but Matt, can you let me (and others) know a bit more about you?...You don't post a lot, and I guess I'm on other threads than you most times.

Your picture's a good one. And fits with my Ayn Rand conception of you ---which might be dead wrong.
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: