The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Don't bury The Hague with Milosevic

*Cyberfluff*
post 13.Mar.2006, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Don't bury The Hague with Milosevic

Three days a week, for more than four years - minus lengthy pauses because of ill health - Slobodan Milosevic put on his best suit and tie and was transported from a prison in The Hague to his trial across town before the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, or ICTY. Behind bullet-proof glass and before three elegantly robed judges from Jamaica, South Korea and Britain, Milosevic left a world of power and violence for one of witnesses and documentation.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Kodos*
post 14.Mar.2006, 12:23 AM
Post #2

Here's an op/ed piece by Gen. Wesley Clark (ret.) which was published in the Wall Street Journal today.

http://securingamerica.com/node/728
+
*Toronto 1*
post 14.Mar.2006, 12:23 AM
Post #3

He should be buried in a big hole with his victims. He was a mass murdering SOB that should of been put out of our misery a long time ago.
But justice was not done on him, like many before him he died before sentence passed.
I hope its very hot where he is going. :twisted:
+
*Kodos*
post 14.Mar.2006, 12:35 AM
Post #4

If there is a G-d above...it will be.
+
*Brave New World*
post 14.Mar.2006, 12:40 AM
Post #5

For all who are interested in learning about Milosevic's rise to power, his manipulations and his character I can warmly recommend a book of a Serbian writer Vidosav Stevanovic "Milosevic: The people's tyrant."

I have enjoyed every page of the book.
+
me_i_sverige
post 14.Mar.2006, 01:21 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Kang aka Vindaloo)
If there is a G-d above...it will be.

After happening so much disaster to human being, do you really think there is god above. Even if there is, then he is discriminating us and I don't need that fu#@ing discriminator.
The god is inside us, Milosevic portrays evil side of human. We can portray god side by being good to our fellow human being.
+
*Kodos*
post 14.Mar.2006, 01:26 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (me_i_sverige)
After happening so much disaster to human being, do you really think there is god above. Even if there is, then he is discriminating us and I don't need that fu#@ing discriminator.
The god is inside us, Milosevic portrays evil side of human. We can portray god side by being good to our fellow human being.

Yes...let's go off on a tangent and make this thread about religion, shall we?
+
me_i_sverige
post 14.Mar.2006, 01:50 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Kang aka Vindaloo)
Yes...let's go off on a tangent and make this thread about religion, shall we?

why not Kang. you know the world is divided into thousands of parts...you know why...one of the main reason is the fuk"@ing religion. people are using this thing to make fulfil their own interest. They will tell you that you'll get a good life when you die. They lure people of heaven, rubbish :shock:

and the foolish people, they're ready to die...suiciders for the sake of god...mygoodness...even a dog can make a rational decision!!! Can anybody tell me where u go after death??? where is heaven? Even I can make a mass of people and make them convince there exist a planet beyond solar system having life. may be in few years..with money and gun..i cam put thousands people behind me!!! thats what the religious leader are doing.

r u satisfied Kang? if not, i've more stuffs..
+
*Kodos*
post 14.Mar.2006, 02:04 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (me_i_sverige)
r u satisfied Kang? if not, i've more stuffs..

Neither satisfied nor interested, thank you.
+
Bruce B
post 14.Mar.2006, 11:44 AM
Post #10

He should receive a State funded funeral and paid the respects of a National leader. His supporters should be allowed to mourn and his wife to return. Otherwise, just making a martyr... widening the cracks in an already fractured society. :arrow:
+
*Kodos*
post 14.Mar.2006, 03:09 PM
Post #11

A news bulletin says he can be buried in his homeland. No further details have been provided.

You make an excellent point about avoiding martyrship (is that an actual word), though.
+
*Nico aka the boy wonder*
post 14.Mar.2006, 03:23 PM
Post #12

Sorry for thread hijack.. Kang. I need to ask you something. Why is it that when writing God jewish people write G-d?

I have seen jews write God in books i have read but mostly on forums and on internet they write G-d. I need a explenation smile.gif
+
*Kodos*
post 14.Mar.2006, 03:25 PM
Post #13

From www.jewfaq.org (one of the best resources out there)...

G-d
A way of avoiding writing a name of G-d, to avoid the risk of the sin of erasing or defacing the Name. See The Name of G-d, The Nature of G-d.

It's one of those things that has been entrenched in my psyche for so long...I sometimes forget why I do it. I just do. :wink:
+
*Nico aka the boy wonder*
post 14.Mar.2006, 03:26 PM
Post #14

Thanks for the link Kang...
+
*Kodos*
post 14.Mar.2006, 03:27 PM
Post #15

Anytime!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: