The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

What is sambo actually?

Not related to migration and permits.

Puffin
post 12.Mar.2012, 09:12 AM
Post #31

Sambo has existed for a long time in Sweden - not a modern phenomena at all - it developed from the so called "Stockholm äktenskap" (Stockholm marriages) of the 1800s where people lived together without formally being married

There is a sambo law in Sweden which regulates what is considered joint property in the event of separation
https://lagen.nu/2003:376

Although if you are living in a sambo relationship you can draw up a sambo agreement or sign away your rights

However important to consider
- the sambo law states that property acquired during the realtionship is joint property unless there is a formal agreement to the contrary

- BUT - sambos do not inherit each other - so if one of you dies your sambos share of the house/assets revert toe their family (unless there is an agreement) - something that Steig Larsson's sambo has lived to regret!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 12.Mar.2012, 09:15 AM
Post #32

QUOTE (SimonDMontfort @ 4.Mar.2012, 06:00 PM) *
You and me too!I found myself wishing there was a different phrase to 'sambo' (when I first arrived in Sweden) - with the word's connotations with the kind of ... (show full quote)

Just need to accept that different languages have different words for stuff

For example the word "kiss" means urine in Sweden - should we get the US to stop buying Hershey's wee-wee cool.gif
+
Pikkumyy
post 12.Mar.2012, 10:33 AM
Post #33

QUOTE (SimonDMontfort @ 4.Mar.2012, 05:00 PM) *
You and me too!I found myself wishing there was a different phrase to 'sambo' (when I first arrived in Sweden) - with the word's connotations with the kind of ... (show full quote)

It's still pretty offensive, even amongst the twenty-somethings here in the UK smile.gif Had an awkward moment the other day, trying to explain to my boyfriend why it was deemed inappropriate to be shouting about 'sambo' in our local area. Message received, loud and clear!
+
MisterDuck
post 5.Feb.2016, 03:46 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 4.Mar.2012, 08:54 AM) *
No, it applies anyway. However, the flat must be acquired for common purpose, i.e. if one has a house or flat and one part moves in, this flat is not part of the common househ ... (show full quote)

Does this apply to a house purchased instead of rented? Eg if I buy a house for cash so I own it outright, then I move in with my sambo and live there together. If we later break up does she get half the house despite not paying for it?
+
DuneSunny2
post 5.Feb.2016, 06:30 PM
Post #35

If you are Swedish and Female - it means that you are the boss. If you are a male and an expat - you have nothing to say.
+
Emerentia
post 5.Feb.2016, 07:51 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (MisterDuck @ 5.Feb.2016, 03:46 PM) *
Does this apply to a house purchased instead of rented? Eg if I buy a house for cash so I own it outright, then I move in with my sambo and live there together. If we later br ... (show full quote)

It does. It doesn't matter who payed for the house or apartment, the key issue is if it was bought with the intent of both of you living there together or not.

"Cohabitees and their joint homes - a brief presentation of the Cohabitees Act "

"Division of property

A division of property includes the cohabitees
+
DuneSunny
post 6.Feb.2016, 03:42 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (MisterDuck @ 5.Feb.2016, 03:46 PM) *
Does this apply to a house purchased instead of rented? Eg if I buy a house for cash so I own it outright, then I move in with my sambo and live there together. If we later br ... (show full quote)

[quote name='Emerentia' post='883509' date='5.Feb.2016, 07:51 PM']It does. It doesn't matter who payed for the house or apartment, the key issue is if it was bought with the intent of both of you living there together or not.

"Cohabitees and their joint homes - a brief presentation of the Cohabitees Act "

"Division of property

A division of property includes the cohabitees
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: