The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >   Reply to this topic

New SVT law: why should I pay?

And how to avoid TV fees

unionisten
post 15.Feb.2013, 02:48 PM
Post #76

because you dont pay to SVT
radiotjändst gives not only top SVT so oddsock you are wrong, the licence goes to swedish radio and UR for an example so you are tiersome when you cant admit that your wrong
Go to the top of the page
+
tinytinis
post 2.Apr.2013, 12:54 PM
Post #77

Have'nt read every page, but I think this new law is absolutly bonkers. It's an insane decision and most swedes would agree with me on this. Now; I don't have TV, radio, computer, smartphone or tablet... But if I had ; and radiotjänst called me I would denie denie denie. It's up to them to prove you have any of these items. If you made a mistake and got caught off guard admitting to a TV for example, just call them the next day and tell them you threw the TV out the window and don't have any plans to get a new one they will cancel the contract.

I really think this should be taken to court; if it had been any other company trying to charge you for something THEY put available on the Internet and try to charge you a fee wtih the motivation that you COULD watch it; they would be put in jail for fraud. However; since this is the state involved I have no clue what so ever if anything can be done?
+
PDX
post 2.Apr.2013, 01:00 PM
Post #78

QUOTE (tinytinis @ 2.Apr.2013, 01:54 PM) *
However; since this is the state involved I have no clue what so ever if anything can be done?

Don't worry, the system will sooner or later be switched so that state TV will be funded from general taxes, as the neighboring countries have already implemented it. Then everyone gets to contribute in proportion to their income rolleyes.gif

~~~PDX~~~
+
gplusa
post 2.Apr.2013, 01:10 PM
Post #79

That's the simplest solution. Take it from general taxation. Stops all the arguments about whether or not someone is making use of something that they have the ability to access. Lines up with the rest of the world.
+
Yorkshireman
post 2.Apr.2013, 04:08 PM
Post #80

QUOTE (tinytinis @ 2.Apr.2013, 12:54 PM) *
Have'nt read every page, but I think this new law is absolutly bonkers.

It isn't a new law, the law is quite old and the change that widened the definition to become technology neutral came into force around 2007 under the Social Democrat Government that was in power then. It is only now that Radiotjänst decide to enforce.
+
ShaunD
post 2.Apr.2013, 04:50 PM
Post #81

Now; I don't have TV, radio, computer, smartphone or tablet... But if I had...

Well, if you don't have any of the above then how are you posting replies on an internet forum ?!

I don't like this fee, I don't like some other fees but I pay them because IT'S THE LAW !!!
+
tinytinis
post 2.Apr.2013, 08:52 PM
Post #82

Maybe I am at a friends place, maybe I'm at the library or an internet café?
+
Hisingen
post 2.Apr.2013, 10:46 PM
Post #83

And maybe you are telling porkies.
+
rachel.nz
post 3.Apr.2013, 12:58 AM
Post #84

Haven't bothered to read all the pages, but just want to throw out a question - I watch SVT Play from New Zealand, and I ethically/morally/legally supposed to be paying any sort of fee? And if so, how on earth is this supposed to happen.. I don't understand why they don't just ask for payment to watch each episode like many other sites? Seems very strange to me, coming from a country where TV's paid for by commercials and taxes..
+
gplusa
post 3.Apr.2013, 07:14 AM
Post #85

Hi Rachel. Living outside of the country of broadcasting you're lucky enough to enjoy foreign content for free. I get the same privilage when I watch TV3 news on-line from Sweden that's paid for by your taxes. Thanks for that, by the way. NZ changed about 15 years ago (from memory) from a user-pays system to revenue through general taxation, as it was determined that the majority of taxpayers had the ability to view or listen to programming. Sweden is just a bit slow in catching up with the modern system. A bit of fuss over nothing to liven up a dull day.
+
unionisten
post 3.Apr.2013, 07:37 AM
Post #86

QUOTE (rachel.nz @ 3.Apr.2013, 12:58 AM) *
Haven't bothered to read all the pages, but just want to throw out a question - I watch SVT Play from New Zealand, and I ethically/morally/legally supposed to be paying an ... (show full quote)

Hi nope your not syupposed to pay any fee since your not in Sweden and it doesnt matter what you watch because you only pay if you live in sweden and have a device that you can watch tv on
+
unionisten
post 3.Apr.2013, 07:39 AM
Post #87

QUOTE (tinytinis @ 2.Apr.2013, 08:52 PM) *
Maybe I am at a friends place, maybe I'm at the library or an internet café?

well why then complain about the fee that isnt applicable for you.
I never complain about the road tax since i dont own a car.
neither do I complain about property taxes either since i dont own a house
+
tinytinis
post 3.Apr.2013, 11:27 AM
Post #88

Really? I'm not allowed to think a law is absolutly mad even if it doesn't apply to me? Good to know.
+
PDX
post 3.Apr.2013, 12:10 PM
Post #89

Absolutely, you are encouraged to think. Sadly, you are not doing any of that rolleyes.gif

What we've been discussing is that, once the law is gone, the same amount of funding for SVT will be required via taxation and so it is not going to make any impact on the average contribution. If you are not paying the SVT fee now, you will in fact lose once the law is removed!

~~~PDX~~~
+
post 3.Apr.2013, 12:36 PM
Post #90

I really think this should be taken to court; if it had been any other company trying to charge you for something THEY put available on the Internet and try to charge you a fe ... (show full quote)

there is no fraud involved. for all intents and purposes it is a tax. in order to maintain some autonomy over how the revenue is spent, the "tax" is set up as a fee, and fees must be based on something.

they money is to supply and subsidize media content. no one cares if you use it or not, the same way no one cares if you use higher education for yourself or have kids to send to schools. no one cares if you never set foot in a hospital or visit a medical facility. it is there and must be paid for.
+

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: