The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Did man really walk on the moon.

Bishop Conkers
post 7.Jul.2006, 10:17 PM
Post #1

I like conspiracies, not because I am a ricin freak or anything like that, but purely because when "REALITY" seems so far fetched, the "conspiracy" theories seems a lot more believeable.

Did Man Really walk on the moon. I think NOT, but thats just my opinion, and it is an excellent discussion topic whilst here in the chest beating NASA research part (Langley) of the USA.

I don't remember the exact figures and facts, so if I ahve made a mistake here, just correct me, but don't use it as a reason to brand me illiterate, stupid or just another conspiracy theorist...

Just think about it for a moment... it's the 1960's, We want to show the Russians (who were leading the space race) that the non-commies of the world are ahead.

Lets put a man on the moon.

"Only" 9 or 10 "astronauts" lost thier lives, (RIP) if you include heart attacks and car accidents and such. Not bad considering the goal, to travel to the moon over 200 000 miles away (320 000km?) land on the moon, take off from the mono and bring them back home again.

Fast forward to the late 90's and already 14 astronauts have died merely trying to obtain an earth orbit in the space shuttle!
Whats an earth orbit, something like 60 miles away... the moon is over 200 000 miles away.

Man has never returned to the moon... why.

Once man managed to fly across the Atlantic, he was doing it all the time...?

What about Space radiation...?? Read on a NASA site that NASA is planning an unmanned mission to the moon to measure (amongst other things) radiation... wonder why they didn't measure it while they were there...

The deeper I look into this fascinating subject, the more I am finding myself drawing conclusions... that man never went there.

Then I found this, in wonderful Michael Moore (I think thats his name) style...

http://www.moonmovie.com/moonmovie/

Click the links for Video Samples 1 and 2

Astronauts that refuse to simply place thier hand on a bible and say that they went to the moon...

Transparencies on the window of the space ship, to make it look like earth was the size of a football, when in fact it was drowning the capsule with light as it was only 60 miles away...

Then search around for other videos, like the press conference after they had "been to the moon" why were they so subdued and quiet... body language is screaming that these guys are hiding a deep secret... aliens... someone already on the moon, or perhaps they never got there.

I really wish it were true, that mankind had made it into outer space and walked on the moon... but it's wishful thinking... the facts that I have seen... I honestly don't think they went there... no matter how much I wish with all my heart that mankind has made it into outer space.

Just do me a favour before jumping into this thread, it's not me being devils advocate, nor am I as a Brit trying to diss the USA, it's not political or religious... so please spend 5 minutes to do some internet "research" of your own... and then come back with an open mind and share your views.

Conkers.
Go to the top of the page
+
Paddy
post 7.Jul.2006, 10:31 PM
Post #2

The flag blew in the wind - is there wind in space? Nej.
+
Bishop Conkers
post 7.Jul.2006, 10:41 PM
Post #3

There is plenty of stuff on the internet back and forth about the flag blowing... was it wind in the american desert, or was it crumpled and had to be held striaght to avoid the wrinkles... once touched, no doubt in the vacuum of space it would move back and forth for some considerable time before settling... this could have been wind, but maybe not.

Doubt in my mind... so therefore, the flag blowing theory ought perhaps to be removed from the discussion...

Likewise camera tricks, shadows intercepting and artificial light...

Naturally they took photos on earth in studios, to safeguard the event that all the films taken "in space" got damaged... a bit like taking a few wedding photos in a studio before the wedding, in case of disaster on the BIG day... Now even if they actually did go to the moon, there is a good chance that studio photos (fakes) and real ones have been combined.

So lets not get into fake photos and the like...

I mean, review what you can find, and seach your soul to give a gut feeling... did they go there...??

I don't know how much fuel is needed to get into space, or once there how little might be required to shunt the capsule 200 000 miles in a vacuum... but it also seems odd to the layman, (me) that the Journey to the moon only used 30% more fuel than the space shuttle uses for it's 60 mile trip...

Food for thought...

Conk.,
+
Jason Watkins
post 7.Jul.2006, 11:18 PM
Post #4

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

all the arguments are here, make up your own mind, i for one belive it!
+
Bishop Conkers
post 8.Jul.2006, 05:17 AM
Post #5

I have seen that page before and it really only deals with the photographs and whether they are faked or not...

But what about the transparencies on the window shown in moonmovie.com or the press conference, or the astronaut who will not swear on the bible that he went to the moon...

Gut feeling... still not convinced, although I want to believe.

Bish
+
*Torque*
post 8.Jul.2006, 05:35 AM
Post #6

I once saw a rocket take off...like a rocket! Sideways, across the horizon, while standing in line at the movies. It was the most surreal, amazing event. It went so fast, it was so big, and had so much fire behind it.. I also know that we can breathe underwater. My hunch is that it wasn't made up. Why pictures from space still suck, however, does make my mind turn toward another conclusion. They even suck however, just within the atmosphere as we watch for chunks of foam falling off, so again, maybe my mind turns again in the opposite direction. smile.gif

I've also seen the classic saucer shaped UFO overhead once in my life as well. That was such a freaky sight that I turned from it and didn't bother to see what happened next.
+
Deedk
post 8.Jul.2006, 05:57 AM
Post #7

smile.gif It was staged.. Have a father-in-law who worked at the Pentagon at the time (USAF) and a hubby (his son) who also put 20 years in the USAF... this is old news... Oh the stories I could tell ! But, it never happened. But , shhh, it's a secret... yeah, OK.
8)
+
*Cali*
post 8.Jul.2006, 10:30 AM
Post #8

I've always accepted the Apollo Moon Landing as one of the great historical and scientific break throughs of the twentieth century. I agree that it is possible that the whole thing was staged, but conspiracies depend on silence and cooperation. If the moon landings were staged it would mean that literally thousands of people would have to be involved in the conspiracy and kept quiet for almost forty years. I don't think that's possible. Until it has been definitively proven otherwise I'll continue to believe that man did land and walk on the moon.

The astronauts did leave physical evidence on the surface of the moon, including mirrors which were then used to determine the exact distance the moon is from earth. Why is it so hard to accept that we had the technology at that time and we used it, and we were sucessful? Do people have so little faith in our abilities as human beings to achieve something truly great, that they have to make up outrageous stories to explain the greatness?

The pyramids couldn't possibly have built by humans. It must have been aliens. Man couldn't have possibly have been to the moon. It must have been staged. :roll:
+
Marmi
post 8.Jul.2006, 10:21 PM
Post #9

Did man really walk on the moon?

Not really, it was more of a bouncing than walking imo. :wink:
+
*Littlefair Or Am I*
post 9.Jul.2006, 11:10 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Cali)
I've always accepted the Apollo Moon Landing as one of the great historical and scientific break throughs of the twentieth century. I agree that it is possible that the whole thing was staged, but conspiracies depend on silence and cooperation. If the moon landings were staged it would mean that literally thousands of people would have to be involved in the conspiracy and kept quiet for almost forty years. I don't think that's possible. Until it has been definitively proven otherwise I'll continue to believe that man did land and walk on the moon.

The astronauts did leave physical evidence on the surface of the moon, including mirrors which were then used to determine the exact distance the moon is from earth. Why is it so hard to accept that we had the technology at that time and we used it, and we were sucessful? Do people have so little faith in our abilities as human beings to achieve something truly great, that they have to make up outrageous stories to explain the greatness?

The pyramids couldn't possibly have built by humans. It must have been aliens. Man couldn't have possibly have been to the moon. It must have been staged. :roll:

Now Cali everybody knows that it was a mass conspiracy and Elvis and JFK were the men in suits, the cia paid aliens to place the mirrors there. The aliens did this because of the threat of tsunami causing space rays pointed at there planet by Bush and in all reality there never was a partridge in a pear tree.

Where is Trowbridge anyway? :twisted:
+
*Cali*
post 9.Jul.2006, 11:13 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Littlefair Or Am I)
Where is Trowbridge anyway? :twisted:

It's nice to see someone filling in for him. He's probably absent because the CIA laced his breakfast with ricin again. :roll:
+
*Littlefair Or Am I*
post 9.Jul.2006, 11:15 AM
Post #12

Nooooooooooooo not the ricin. Damn it will take him at least a week to get over you saying that. Jason will you please try and keep your CIA operatives under control longenough to let Trow post. :twisted:
+
*Cali*
post 9.Jul.2006, 11:17 AM
Post #13

Well it could have happened you know. 8)
+
*Littlefair Or Am I*
post 9.Jul.2006, 11:31 AM
Post #14

To true it is what could have happened what is more likely though is he is stuck on the toilet to scared to wipe his own ass for fear of alligators in the sewers. :twisted:
+
Bishop Conkers
post 10.Jul.2006, 05:01 PM
Post #15

The word conspiracy has such a negative connitation. And it is easy to cry "conspiracy" and ridicule anyone who has an opinion that isn't based on the news reports.

However, I do agree that such a huge cover-up would be impossible to keep quiet if so many people were involved, but picture this... what if a core group of say 10 or 20 people were in on the hoax, and everyone, even those in the control room were being fed images via the monitors. The TV pictures we all know and love were filmed directly from the control room monitors...

For me, being sceptical, the films of astronauts refusing to swear on the bible that they had walked (bounced) on the moon, and the way they acted during the press conferences following the great event say it all and raise doubt in my mind.

I am not fussed about dodgy pictures and conspiracy theories, but the way these astronauts act in the public domain is odd to say the least.

Check out the video from the press conference and let me know what you feel.

http://www.australiafreepress.org/articles/Apollo/apollo.htm

Conk
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: