The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
138 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2017 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

donnicolito
post 14.Feb.2017, 07:59 PM
Post #241

Thanks Gevantsa!
Go to the top of the page
+
shabnam
post 15.Feb.2017, 07:14 AM
Post #242

Hi everyone. Could please anyone help me? What does Eligible without merit-based evaluation (ÖS)mean? I just got it from Malmo University. Is it true that applicants in this group are selected after others?
+
Gvantsa
post 15.Feb.2017, 09:07 AM
Post #243

QUOTE (shabnam @ 15.Feb.2017, 10:14 AM) *
Hi everyone. Could please anyone help me? What does Eligible without merit-based evaluation (ÖS)mean? I just got it from Malmo University. Is it true that applicants in this ... (show full quote)

I have also the same status at linnaeus University, but when I made a quick search of past years experiences, we should just ignore this because it is changeable.
+
wahabsahab
post 15.Feb.2017, 09:41 AM
Post #244

I have got Qualified in Swedish University of Agriculture, and my group is DA. Other three courses are still in progress. I think Lund and Uppsala have open their courses for late applicants that's why the process seems very slow. unsure.gif
+
Gvantsa
post 15.Feb.2017, 10:35 AM
Post #245

I have this post from past year comments:

Each uni has different SG and MR rules.
KTH has 52 highest MR; Halmstd has 1300 highest MR;KI has 15 highest MR;Lund has 999 highest MR;Orebro has 999 highest MR and so on.
SG is also useful to predict something about your MR.
MR=999 with SG=DA means you have been accepted without any doubt.
MR=999 with SG=OS/PG(Place Guaranteed) etc means you have been considered as eligible candidate but decision has to be taken.
For example You applied to programme XYZ which has 10 places.
Admission commitee found 15 candidates as eligible and assign them MR=999.
Here the final decision will be based on gender (some uni prefer female) and your previous academic background. If you have excellent academic record then other candidates, you will receive admission letter but in case you don’t have a good academics then you will be asked to wait for 2nd round of admission and if any place is not accepted by admitted candidate then you will be offered that vacant seat.
Many people who got MR=999 but SG=DA have received admission letters from universities( allthough officially admissions will be announced on 8th) but SG=DA is a something very special case and DA stand for Direct Admission.
If you got OS at Uppsala then you will have to wait till 8th as I can’t say anything about this selection groups just I can translate OS as “Eligible without merit based evaluation”
You should conclude from above facts about your selection group.

All I knw about your selection group SG=AU is that this is very good selection group and stands after DA which is the best.
People with DA have >95% chances of being admitted.
People with AU have >75% chances of being admitted.
+
Albert100791
post 15.Feb.2017, 11:42 AM
Post #246

[quote name='Gvantsa' date='15.Feb.2017, 10:35 AM' post='905599']

For example You applied to programme XYZ which has 10 places.
Admission commitee found 15 candidates as eligible and assign them MR=999.
Here the final decision will be based on gender (some uni prefer female) and your previous academic background. If you have excellent academic record then other candidates, you will receive admission letter but in case you don’t have a good academics then you will be asked to wait for 2nd round of admission and if any place is not accepted by admitted candidate then you will be offered that vacant seat.
Many people who got MR=999 but SG=DA have received admission letters from universities( allthough officially admissions will be announced on 8th) but SG=DA is a something very special case and DA stand for Direct Admission.

Hello Gvantsa. As long as I know, the selection criteria used is different for each university, isn't it? I know some people with excellent grades that didn't get in, and others with very low grades that got in ( for the same program ) so, I don't exactly know what's the selection criteria used... It's a mistery!. In my case, for example, it's stated that selection criteria is based upon HEC ( Higher Education Credits ) The more HEC you have, more chances to get admitted. They didn't say anything about grades, cv, or other stuff.. so I don't know. I'm a bit worried, because I think that I have strong chances to get in, but my grades are average ( not extremely low, but not outstanding ) 6,52/10 that would be like a C ECTS Grading Scale. The master is HRM and Labour Relations, and I hold a bachelor in HR and Labour Relations with and internship and the maximum of HEC required ( the program says maximum 225 HEC and I have 240ECTS) and IELTS 7.0 . Do you think I have chances to get admitted?
+
Gvantsa
post 15.Feb.2017, 12:01 PM
Post #247

Dear Albert,

To say honestly I have no idea even on my chances, because as you have mentioned there is a long internal process, which is hidden from us. Therefore, I think that we should wait. Hope, we will get admitted in our first choices !!! Best of luck
+
shabnam
post 15.Feb.2017, 12:20 PM
Post #248

Thank you Gvatsa and Albert. I am just a little worried because I got unqualified from Gothenburg, with no explanation and they don't answer to my email, however I sent it a week ago, and also Qualified that I got from Linkoping doesn't state anything, just qualified. It all seem a little weird to me
+
Albert100791
post 15.Feb.2017, 12:24 PM
Post #249

QUOTE (Gvantsa @ 15.Feb.2017, 12:01 PM) *
Dear Albert,To say honestly I have no idea even on my chances, because as you have mentioned there is a long internal process, which is hidden from us. Therefore, I think that ... (show full quote)

Haha, We are all in the same boat I guess... What really kills me is the lack of transparency along all the selection procedure. So.. I guess that you are right, we should just wait! Although, I think we shouldn't take the statistics under consideration.. they can be taken as a huge misunderstanding.
+
Gvantsa
post 15.Feb.2017, 12:24 PM
Post #250

QUOTE (shabnam @ 15.Feb.2017, 03:20 PM) *
Thank you Gvatsa and Albert. I am just a little worried because I got unqualified from Gothenburg, with no explanation and they don't answer to my email, however I sent it ... (show full quote)

As i read on lund page, some Universities have limited our excess to Merit Ratings. Therefore From my point of view, the most crucial for us now is to get the status - Qualified. Also they stated that in some cases when you get Unqualified it can change after some time in qualified. Because it is long process and the documents have different stages to pass.
+
Gvantsa
post 15.Feb.2017, 12:26 PM
Post #251

From my experiences, when I got through last years comments, in first weeks they were in total panic (same as we) and than they all got admissions biggrin.gif So, lets see what life has in stock for us biggrin.gif
+
Liza
post 15.Feb.2017, 01:09 PM
Post #252

QUOTE (shabnam @ 15.Feb.2017, 12:20 PM) *
Thank you Gvatsa and Albert. I am just a little worried because I got unqualified from Gothenburg, with no explanation and they don't answer to my email, however I sent it ... (show full quote)

Hello! Do not worry! If you didn't get a message then it is alright. I called to Lund this week and I talked to a very nice woman, who explained me why this can happen. Automatically their system considers everyone to be "unqualified" until they check docs. So their system "label" on everyone who has not been processed/properly processed yet is "unqualified". So this can appear automatically sometimes. The main thing is that you didn't get a message. That means that everything is fine - you just haven't been evaluated yet smile.gif Especially if you were qualified for the other programme already... most likely your docs are alright! Good luck!
+
Jamie_39
post 15.Feb.2017, 01:38 PM
Post #253

I'm trying not to worry that it could go the other way - I have "qualified" now for my first choice - but what happens if later on they review my documents and change it!?!?!

I think I should go and hibernate until the 24th March, with just a special alarm to alert me to status changes that might require an input from me - clarifications etc.! I'm going on vacation next week, so I'll try and switch off a little from this process - at least the lack of 24h internet connection will stop me checking the UA page 200x a day! Who knew that applying for something could be so stressful!
+
itsmegeorge
post 15.Feb.2017, 01:57 PM
Post #254

I have three different applications to Uppsala and Gothenburg and not one of them has changed my status. So annoyed and anxious. And it's not even like my programmes have many applicants, third choice has, like, 50 of them.
+
Gvantsa
post 15.Feb.2017, 02:12 PM
Post #255

Guys, I am wondering if our app status changes several times during the evaluation process? For instance: from one SG to another SG, before the final dicision is made?
+

138 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: