The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

What has happened to TL?

Where is everybody?

intrepidfox
post 28.Mar.2013, 11:48 PM
Post #1

What has happened to TL?

Have all the regulars been banned from posting?

There are no discussions anymore. It has become a help side concerning MV.

What has happened?
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Mar.2013, 12:11 AM
Post #2

I think we are waiting for the other "shoe to drop", like I said, the thought of a secret moderator is giving second thought to posting...especially in a carefree and thoughtless manner! unsure.gif
laugh.gif
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Mar.2013, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Well i´m glad you havn´t been banned as your comments make my day on this site. I even miss Hamsterdam.
+
Max Reaver
post 29.Mar.2013, 08:31 PM
Post #4

Sort of wishing byke was here lol. It was never boring when he did his stuff.
+
Mib
post 29.Mar.2013, 09:07 PM
Post #5

What happened to Byke? I missed his comical negativety in his postings. I undertood that he was the one and only moderator until TheLocal took that away and then silence. We need a good conspiracy theory on this.
+
gplusa
post 29.Mar.2013, 09:12 PM
Post #6

Well I'll tell you my reason. It was Byke who put me off posting. Pure and simple. No, I didn't have to read his deranged rantings. No one forced me to. And mostly I didn't. But coming to the forum site and having to be subjected to those ridiculous and childish posting titles staring me in the face made me realise that I had better things to do. Some people may miss him but frankly I welcome the return to maturity.
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Mar.2013, 09:17 PM
Post #7

Looking at Bykes profile he has written the following

"On 8/3/2013, my account was suspended and numerous posts removed.
When my suspension ended, I PM'd the local asking for a reason and was subsiquently given another suspension with still no answer.

Now while my account is no longer suspended, I am still banned from any form of posting abilities or replies.

Heja Sverige ... Nothing says honesty like a mock site to impose reporting in a bias manner in the hopes it may influence or catch certain people."
+
gplusa
post 29.Mar.2013, 10:52 PM
Post #8

where do I send the card ?
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Mar.2013, 11:04 PM
Post #9

Well again looking at his profile picture i would send the care to Byke c/o to Jim Henson
+
Mib
post 29.Mar.2013, 11:16 PM
Post #10

Wow...so what has Byke done to be prevented from posting?
+
Max Reaver
post 29.Mar.2013, 11:21 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (gplusa @ 29.Mar.2013, 09:12 PM) *
Well I'll tell you my reason. It was Byke who put me off posting. Pure and simple. No, I didn't have to read his deranged rantings. No one forced me to. And mostly I d ... (show full quote)

As I pointed out when byke was still around, if you don't want to see the forum flooded by his negativity, the best way is to start posting good things yourself. If everybody posts something once in awhile, then you'd have more to read other than byke's rant.

But that is EXACTLY the problem. Nobody wants to start a thread of their own. People prefer to take what's delivered to them rather than being part of a fair game. Byke was famous because he was the ONLY one who posted anything.
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Mar.2013, 11:25 PM
Post #12

I agree with you Max and i have started a few threads during the last few days which can get a heated discussion going but there is nobody replying. The only topics on TL now are "help me"
+
gplusa
post 30.Mar.2013, 11:13 AM
Post #13

I take your point on that, intrepidfox. We've seen how destructive threads can almost kill off a forum, and I don't think anyone wants a repeat of that. Forums are only as good as their contributors and I think we all need to make an effort if we want to get things back to a good level again. You're doing well there and more of us should ( read will) try to be more proactive.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 30.Mar.2013, 03:52 PM
Post #14

Sob!...Boo Hoo!

Nobody answered my Neanderthal post(and others)...Oh, the shame of it all wub.gif rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
+
post 31.Mar.2013, 02:44 AM
Post #15

the community of the TL dispersed and the concept of secret mods with too little and too much power simultaneously started.

i am actually a bit charmed that there are a few long term posters still around. long ago i made a handful of good pals from this forum. most of them i have met in real life and/or have contact with them on facebook. so what was lost when TL forum declined was partially reconstructed in another media.

i miss the heated discussions. if there were interesting discussions again, i might jump in for a discussion now and again.
+

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: