The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Prepaid Swedish SIM-card

Where and which to buy?

optimism
post 11.Nov.2014, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Hi, I'm going to Sweden for 16 days and want to buy Swedish SIM-card immediately after my arriving. Where should I buy it and which one? I need to be accessible those 16 days in Sweden and also next three months in the EU. So I need prepaid SIM-card with possibility of roaming and ideally also with possibility of buying more credit through internet. Can you give me an advice? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
kokoko
post 11.Nov.2014, 04:30 PM
Post #2

In Sweden pre-paid sim cards are available for free. But, of course, you will need to fill it in with money.
Pressbyr?n, the omnipresent corner shop, has some sim cards. Comviq is the most common one, but I don't know how expensive roaming in EU is.
+
LauraCristescu
post 11.Nov.2014, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Roaming fees differ from operator to operator, and internet roaming will cost you extra and a lot no matter which one you choose. Even if the roaming prices were severely cut down recently, i suggest you do a thorough research, because if you plan on traveling withing Eu, it might be cheaper to just get a prepaid card according to the countries you visit.
+
optimism
post 11.Nov.2014, 07:43 PM
Post #4

I need to be accessible on Swedish phone number - I need Swedish number for my CV.

And one more question - how easy is to find free wi-fi internet connection in Stockholm? I need to use my laptop in different parts of Stockholm... Thanks.
+
*lunchin*
post 11.Nov.2014, 11:59 PM
Post #5

Comviq is pretty cheap and works well for me, dont think you will find a pre pay sim card in sweden that allows roaming across europe. You are better off getting a local card for each market you are in. most coffee shops have free wifi
+
Hallander
post 12.Nov.2014, 10:15 AM
Post #6

You can get a free prepay sim (kontantkort) only if you are a registered resident with PN and apply on line. This is the range http://www.clasohlson.com/se/view/content/...p;showTabs=true readily available. Buy from Pressbyr?n shops which are conveniently near mainline stations etc. Ask for a Kontantkort. They and most shops sell mobile phone top ups. I have used Comviq for 8 years ever since they sent me a free card out of the blue. You fill up from the phone or internet from your credit card or bank.

Comviq clain their Amigos is cheapest to call abroad. Here is what they charge https://www.comviq.se/kontantkort/utlandspriser Select your country in the box.
+
LauraCristescu
post 12.Nov.2014, 10:25 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Hallander @ 12.Nov.2014, 11:15 AM) *
You can get a free prepay sim (kontantkort) only if you are a registered resident with PN and apply on line. This is the range http://www.clasohlson.com/se/view/content/...p; ... (show full quote)

False. I got a prepaid card from halebop before i got my pn, you only need pn if you want to order the card online, and/or register it. You can go to the operators store (for halebop it was Telia) and ask there, then you load it at either pressbyr?n or ica or whatever.
+
ben18616
post 12.Nov.2014, 11:15 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (LauraCristescu @ 12.Nov.2014, 10:25 AM) *
False. I got a prepaid card from halebop before i got my pn, you only need pn if you want to order the card online, and/or register it. You can go to the operators store (for ... (show full quote)

But you will have to pay, It is correct that you need a PN to get a card for free.
+
LauraCristescu
post 12.Nov.2014, 11:30 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (ben18616 @ 12.Nov.2014, 12:15 PM) *
But you will have to pay, It is correct that you need a PN to get a card for free.

No you don't pay. You ask for the card, you get it for free, but you load it afterwards. No one gives you a free LOADED card unless it's some kind of offer like the Comviq sample cards they passed around at the metro.
+
ChocOwl
post 12.Nov.2014, 11:45 AM
Post #10

Most public libraries have free WIFI,
Dator och tr?dl?s uppkoppling p? bibliotek

Visste du f?rresten att n?stan alla bibliotek har datorer som du kan anv?nda om du har ett bibliotekskort? Alla bibliotek har en dator som ?r ledig f?r en kort stunds anv?ndning. P? vissa bibliotek kan du boka dator en l?ngre stund. Om du har med dig en egen dator kan du anv?nda dig av bibliotekets tr?dl?sa n?tverk f?r att koppla upp dig mot internet utan kostnad.

see eg https://biblioteket.stockholm.se/att-anv%C3...ill-biblioteket
+
optimism
post 1.Dec.2014, 11:07 AM
Post #11

Is there any sim-card in Sweden which is valid longer than 2 months? In my country I have to recharge my credit only once every six month. When I am searching for a sim-card in Sweden, it looks like I have to recharge every 30 days (or maximally every 60 days). I need a swedish sim-card only for receiving calls, so I don't want to buy new credit every month. Tack!
+
LauraCristescu
post 1.Dec.2014, 11:18 AM
Post #12

You don't need credit to receive calls as far as i know, so even if your credit expires, you can still receive calls.
+
kokoko
post 1.Dec.2014, 11:27 AM
Post #13

When you charge it switches to the particular tariff you chose for 30 days, then it downgrades to base/simple tariff where rates are not so great. But it keeps working for longer, I think most operators are 12 months, so you can make and receive calls.
+

Reply to this topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: