The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Consumer prices keep dropping in Sweden

Down by 0.9% in July on a 12-month basis

The Local
post 11.Aug.2009, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Sweden's inflation rate continued to fall in July as consumer prices dropped for the fourth straight month, according to new figures from Statistics Sweden.

Swedish prices fell by 0.9 percent in July on a 12-month basis, after dropping by 0.6 percent in June.

July represents the fourth month running in which prices have fallen after falls of 0.4 percent in May and 0.1 percent in April.

Statistics Sweden said the fall in the price of petrol, lower interest rates for housing and cheaper clothes were the key drivers behind the month's deflation.

84 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Pacey
post 11.Aug.2009, 07:38 PM
Post #2

What a piece of crap? what is the composition of the CPI I assume that is what they are referring to when they measure inflation.
Everything I buy from the big stores has increased in price from cheese,milk to vegetables etc. The swedish currency has strengthened against all the major ones so prices should have decreased for these rather they are increasing!
do you guys have a competition commission it should investigate this increase in prices at the retail stores/wholesale stores!!
+
Nemesis
post 11.Aug.2009, 08:51 PM
Post #3

I also shop in the major stores.
The prices in ICA and COOP are still rising. I should know, I shop in them. I am also a bargain hunter. It is harder to get a bargain now in Sweden, than two years ago, regarding clothes, furniture, DVDs, or Blurays.
Whoever compiled that report, should have the eyesight, hearing, IQ tested and a drug screen.
+
Omidn
post 12.Aug.2009, 04:40 AM
Post #4

@ Nemesis: :D LOOOOOL :D 100% agree with you, inflation coming down but prices going up!!!! it doesn't make sense does it!? :D
+
RoyceD
post 12.Aug.2009, 08:36 AM
Post #5

obviously the flaw in this report is that they take a useless statistic and claim that it fairly represents the movement of the entire market for each individual person. Once again using a statistic that is pretty irrelevant.
+
mkvgtired
post 12.Aug.2009, 02:51 PM
Post #6

Many times the CPI includes large ticket items like cars, and it almost always includes gas. It can include airline fares. Because oil has come down in price so dramatically since last year that has a large effect on the CPI figures. It usually includes rent or "rent equivalent" for owners, so housing prices would have a large effect. It also usually includes the heating source for the hosue. I have a feeling it is the large ticket items like cars, housing, and some heavily used items like gas that have contributed to the deflation, and not day to day expenses like haircuts or groceries.
+
Holecutter > The Howl ...
post 12.Aug.2009, 03:04 PM
Post #7

A savvy investment firm looking to invest, lets say in Sweden for whatever reason. Will view stats as these as false stats, doctored stats, and will internally ask...what are they hiding in putting out stuff like this when everyone knows that across the board...everything has gone up, not down, and the only thing that has gone down is disposal incomes.

However, based on what we read, and the lack of finite details, we can only assume that another department is not paying attention...again.

angry.gif
+
*Guest*
post 12.Aug.2009, 04:37 PM
Post #8

How about everyone making a copy of the article, and drop if off where they do their shopping, explaining that the manager must have missed this growing trend.

Given the herd line quality of the Swedes, it could cause prices to plummet. tongue.gif
+
*Guest*
post 18.Aug.2009, 07:53 AM
Post #9

Even with Cash for Clunkers never forget to negotiate the car price.
Jimhenry
Blogger
www.cashforclunkersfacts.info
http://www.cashforclunkersfacts.info
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: