The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

Australian DJs un-funny prank

With very sad outcome

byke
post 9.Dec.2012, 09:49 AM
Post #31

Apparently the station has been in trouble before.
12 year old rape victim used to boost ratings?

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/09/opinion/...html?hpt=hp_c2
Go to the top of the page
+
Garry Jones
post 9.Dec.2012, 11:38 AM
Post #32

Yes the story about the rape victim was from 2009 and that had already been turfed up by the UK media whores BEFORE the suicide. That's what beggars belief, that they were already on their witch hunt before the nurse committed suicide.

Don't you see something here: The rape victim had gotten on with her life, her story was not newsworthy and it happened OVER 3 years ago.

So now the UK media whores are USING a rape victim as a baseball bat in their war on this station. This young girl had moved on, 150 000 had heard the programme OVER three years ago, It was all done and dusted. Now her rape is world wide news as the UK Media whores try to pass the buck and blame someone else for the suicide they caused.

IF it was a newsworthy story it would have been news 3 years ago. It so harmful to the girl in question to dig this story up now.

The funniest thing on TV the last ten years was this interview with Demi Moore. What if she had killed herself afterwards? Would they blame the interviewer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v654Jh5Z9uI

These things are funny, Buck Pal should have had the call vetted. The fact they didn't makes Kate fair game and theUK Media whores should have focused on Buck Pal rather than the funny DJ's.
+
Svensksmith
post 9.Dec.2012, 12:04 PM
Post #33

Now the two radio DJs must commit suicide and the controversy can come full circle.
+
The Nine
post 9.Dec.2012, 01:08 PM
Post #34

I think several issues have become confused here.The woman who killed herself took a call and put it though to the ward where The Duchess of Cambridge was.She did not divulge personal patient information, she simply directed the call to the ward. The second nurse was the one who was duped into giving out info. Now, regardless of whether this was a pair of prank DJ's or the Duchess of Cambridge's best friend in the world, SHE SHOULD NOT have given out that information, regardless of who was one the other end of the phone.

On TV this morning an ex royal protection officer was interviewed. He pointed out that both these medical staff had broken the protocols that they are trained to observe. As he made clear, whether it was the Queen of England or a family friend, all calls to a member of the royal family in hospital, are directed to the royal protection officer on duty, or the equerry.

Now consider this; had that call been a genuine call from one of the Duchess's close friends, with no salacious or prank aspect involved, those nurses would still have got a colossal bollocking from their superiors because they didn't follow the procedures and protocols that they should have done. Who and what the call was, is a different issue all together.

This woman and her colleague probably got a severe carpeting from the hospital management and they would have got that even if it had been a genuine call.
+
Svensksmith
post 9.Dec.2012, 03:40 PM
Post #35

Well, there you go. Think of it as a training exersise.
+
Rick Methven
post 9.Dec.2012, 07:47 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (Garry Jones @ 9.Dec.2012, 11:38 AM) *
Yes the story about the rape victim was from 2009 and that had already been turfed up by the UK media whores BEFORE the suicide. That's what beggars belief, that they were ... (show full quote)

Gary, do you own shares in this idiot radio station? Or have you taken part in such an idiot 'prank'?

I have read such 'justification for the DJ's actions as you have put forward, I.e. it has been done before. In most instances, people who have been duped on camera, like in candid camera, give permission for it to be broadcast, even if it makes them look stupid. What the two idiots did in this case was to lie and deceive the nurse. It was planned in advance and recorded with no attempt to inform the nurse that she had been the victim of a prank.

They are slimeballs and you put yourself in the same category by you infantile support of them.
+
Flutterbye
post 9.Dec.2012, 08:08 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 9.Dec.2012, 06:47 PM) *
Gary, do you own shares in this idiot radio station? Or have you taken part in such an idiot 'prank'?I have read such 'justification for the DJ's actions as yo ... (show full quote)

^5 Rick Methven...
+
Johno
post 9.Dec.2012, 08:14 PM
Post #38

After Gary Jones tw*ttish drivel above and moronic changing of the threads title, I have just done what I thought warranted earlier and got around to changing it to what at least I feel more appropriate. My opinion of Gary has just dropped further. Just thankful that he is no longer in the UK.
+
byke
post 9.Dec.2012, 09:39 PM
Post #39

Having read some of Gary's previous posts where he mentions his support for sites such as flashback to obtain information and news that hasn't be released, as well as actively supporting news sites such as Fox News network. I find Gary's claims quite hypocritical and wonder if his crusade to pass attention away from the culprits of the crime, towards the so called British media slightly naive. In the same way that a drug addict going to court for burgulry claims it was all the bankers fault.

I suspect, Gary has admiration for British MP Tom Watson or Nadine Dorries who have both made similar comments about the British press in a way that is almost looking to use this miserable story in a way to controll the press where laws are already in place to punish offenders.
+
Snoopy!
post 9.Dec.2012, 10:45 PM
Post #40

many of you need to pull your head in

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opin...0-1226532987330
+
Johno
post 9.Dec.2012, 11:20 PM
Post #41

You could wind your neck in. From that article

RADIO hosts Mel Greig and Michael Christian did not kill British nurse Jacintha Saldanha.

The article just matches Gary's view then. The ones who lit the fuse say its not our fault the building blew up !
+
gplusa
post 9.Dec.2012, 11:45 PM
Post #42

"They didn't mean to hurt any one" . Exactly what did they think would happen to the people involved once the broadcast was aired ? That no one would be in the least upset ? Maybe if you were 6 years old that might work.

"The DJs must have expected the hospital would simply bang the phone down". I've been waiting for them to play this card. They expected, or at least hoped, that their scheme would suceed. Otherwise, why bother with it at all ? Where is the ratings value in a stunt where you go into it expecting it to go no where ?

Why are their fellow media colleagues not asking why the DJs didn't simply bang the phone down once they found themselves in the position where they were affecting other people. No one in the media seems brave enough to question the freedom of choice that the DJs had which goes beyond that of employees and becomes a measure of being a decent human being.
+
byke
post 9.Dec.2012, 11:54 PM
Post #43

Again,
Fraud
Intent to access private medical information without consent (hacking if you will)
Exploitation
And so on ...

I also love this analogy that suicide is a state where any victim of crime or shame can't possibly attribute such to their own actions.

That's as netball as those who say "guns don't kill people, bullets do" or "I didn't rape that woman, my penis did"
+
Rick Methven
post 10.Dec.2012, 06:54 AM
Post #44

The latest claim from the radio station is that they tried 'at least 5 times to contact the nurses to get their permission to broadcast the recorded phone conversation without success.

If they knew that they should have the victims permission, why did they broadcast it without it?
+
byke
post 10.Dec.2012, 09:05 AM
Post #45

Exactly, with such a claim by the radio station.
It shows a clear distinction that they broadcast without permission and have subsequently broken laws in both the UK and Australia.

Not to mention all the other offences in relation to mother of 2's death.
+

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: