The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
125 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

Work permit waiting time statistics

Let us share

Alicia59
post 4.Mar.2016, 04:09 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 4.Mar.2016, 08:56 AM) *
It's so fucking random. More information I get, more lost I get.Last week I was told that there are few completely separate units at MV that are doing the same work. Your ... (show full quote)

Called again and they basically said "We can't confirm whether September apps are being worked on; we are working at the Customer Service center and you should contact the person who told you that." This seems like a big joke. Are they just giving random answers and timeframes to get people off the phone?? How did you get ahold of someone who (hopefully) had a clue? Do you think he/she just made up the September info to get you out of their hair?
Go to the top of the page
+
Alex29
post 4.Mar.2016, 05:04 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (Alicia59 @ 4.Mar.2016, 04:09 PM) *
Called again and they basically said "We can't confirm whether September apps are being worked on; we are working at the Customer Service center and you should contac ... (show full quote)

Dammit, I am sorry. It's Friday's evening, so perhaps s(he) was tired. The person I have spoken with was extremely nice.

Try to get contacts of the unit, which is working on your case. Customer service folks seem to really not know details of the other units schedules. This is the only advice I can give you at the moment.

I personally feel extremely uncomfortable bothering them knowing they work under stress, so I just try to train my patience. But taking into account it's been unusually long and that people applied 3 months after you have gotten their decisions, it's good idea to put some additional pressure on your employer, so it can annoy them as well, because trust me, it's a complete bullshit they don't give anyone priority - companies like Ericsson get their applications approved in one day even in 2016. Good luck.
+
LLHope
post 4.Mar.2016, 05:54 PM
Post #48

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 4.Mar.2016, 05:04 PM) *
because trust me, it's a complete bullshit they don't give anyone priority - companies like Ericsson get their applications approved in one day even in 2016. Good luck.
It is part of the public service provided by Migrationsverket that companies can go through a process where they are considered trustable etc... and the resulting agreement with MigV is that work permit applications from that company will be processed within 20 days.
+
Alex29
post 5.Mar.2016, 01:44 AM
Post #49

QUOTE (LLHope @ 4.Mar.2016, 05:54 PM) *
It is part of the public service provided by Migrationsverket that companies can go through a process where they are considered trustable etc... and the resulting agreement wi ... (show full quote)

It used to. Right now they claim 'The Swedish Migration Agency no longer grants a priority', which slightly contradicts with the reality.
+
gaurrrav
post 5.Mar.2016, 07:20 AM
Post #50

Greetings.!

New Work Permit

Applied: 3 December 2015
Decision date: 2 March 2016 (Exactly 3 Months)
Decision: Positive, 2 Years of Work Permit
Nationality: Indian

Thanks
+
Case officer
post 5.Mar.2016, 07:34 AM
Post #51

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 5.Mar.2016, 01:44 AM) *
It used to. Right now they claim 'The Swedish Migration Agency no longer grants a priority', which slightly contradicts with the reality.

This process has nothing to do with priority. Certain employers with a large number of applications are in a process for certified employers and get processed quickly. In Swedish:

http://www.migrationsverket.se/Andra-aktor...tifiering-.html
+
Alex29
post 5.Mar.2016, 06:50 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (Case officer @ 5.Mar.2016, 07:34 AM) *
This process has nothing to do with priority. Certain employers with a large number of applications are in a process for certified employers and get processed quickly. In Swed ... (show full quote)

Could you perhaps give @Alicia59 some advice? Thanks.
+
hatim
post 6.Mar.2016, 10:38 AM
Post #53

I called them last week asking about my process (extension). The agent I talked to said that it is taking about 4 months instead of 3 to get to the front of the (regular) queue.
+
Alex29
post 7.Mar.2016, 12:52 AM
Post #54

QUOTE (hatim @ 6.Mar.2016, 10:38 AM) *
I called them last week asking about my process (extension). The agent I talked to said that it is taking about 4 months instead of 3 to get to the front of the (regular) queue.

Thank you for sharing this information.

The last time colleague of mine has talked to MV (a week ago), she was told MV is roughly five months behind, not four, which is interesting, and slightly confusing.

P.S. I would appreciate if you have shared the dates (pls see the form in the first message). Thanks.
+
Alicia59
post 7.Mar.2016, 01:23 AM
Post #55

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 4.Mar.2016, 06:04 PM) *
Dammit, I am sorry. It's Friday's evening, so perhaps s(he) was tired. The person I have spoken with was extremely nice.Try to get contacts of the unit, which is worki ... (show full quote)

Thank you, I will keep trying. Can't understand why it's taken almost 6 months for this! I moved in with the parents because I thought this would be a 2-3 month thing, and now I feel like a burden on them. I don't want to get an apartment and then receive my decision the next day and be stuck on a lease...very inconvenient.
+
Alicia59
post 7.Mar.2016, 01:24 AM
Post #56

QUOTE (Case officer @ 5.Mar.2016, 08:34 AM) *
This process has nothing to do with priority. Certain employers with a large number of applications are in a process for certified employers and get processed quickly. In Swed ... (show full quote)

Are you able to give me any advice? I've been waiting 6 months for my work permit (new, not extension). It's for a chef position at a Michelin Star restaurant - not sure if the industry matters as far as wait time.
+
jdavin81
post 14.Mar.2016, 01:49 PM
Post #57

-- Application date: 14 Jan 2016
-- Was it work permit or extension: Extension
-- Your nationality (optional):
-- Decision received date or none: --
-- Any comments you would like to add: 2nd extension after 48 months of WP with same company.
+
Case officer
post 14.Mar.2016, 05:12 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (Alicia59 @ 7.Mar.2016, 01:24 AM) *
Are you able to give me any advice? I've been waiting 6 months for my work permit (new, not extension). It's for a chef position at a Michelin Star restaurant - not su ... (show full quote)

Did you apply in September? Which date?
+
Alex29
post 14.Mar.2016, 06:47 PM
Post #59

QUOTE (Case officer @ 14.Mar.2016, 05:12 PM) *
Did you apply in September? Which date?

Alicia has applied 2015.09.15. Thank you.
+
Alex29
post 16.Mar.2016, 11:11 AM
Post #60

FYI. Yet another person, who has just spoken to MV told me today that the waiting times on the web-site have got nothing to do with reality, and therefore can and should be ignored.
+

125 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: