The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

12 Year Old Dies Of Toothache In America

SkyPilot
post 7.Mar.2007, 03:40 AM
Post #1

More proof that America has the greatest healthcare system in the world - THE THIRD WORLD :shock:

I could not find the original article I read, but here are some other links:

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/merril...gone_wrong.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...ental_care.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1..._of_dental.html

Before you pass judgment on the parent, remember that some people are born with incredibly poor teeth. So brushing 5 times a day would not have stopped the problems.

Regular checkups would have stopped the problems!

Now passing judgment on the parent for not getting the kid to learn better self hygienic practices, especially because they could NOT afford the dentist, blame the parent BUT the kid is still dead!

Regular checkups would have stopped the problems!

Moral of the story is that when you have NO MONEY and you must pay for health care, you have NO health care!

I get so tired of hearing American politicians give LIP SERVICE to FAMILY VALUES but when they actually have to do something about it, America DOES NOT in fact value families.

I saw this stuff ALL the time during my Sky Piloting in the USA.

This is why I have NO problems with Sweden and partly why I feel I live in paradise.
Go to the top of the page
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 7.Mar.2007, 04:00 AM
Post #2

It's only 1 case... can't judge the healthcare system because 1 incident. This could also happen in Europe...
+
Swedeofile
post 7.Mar.2007, 09:28 AM
Post #3

I am starting to really see with the media these days that the amount of hype and sensationalism is inversly proportional to how much truth there is to a story.

The same for the repoting of the whole story, the less context the greater its real significance.
+
Americangal
post 7.Mar.2007, 09:33 AM
Post #4

I think the Doctors are OK in American BUT if you dont havae Health Insurance YOUR FU**ked...its a shame and sad cos its the elderly and the children that suffer from lack of Doctor care...
+
Ms. Moda
post 7.Mar.2007, 10:24 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Best Regards Espen)
It's only 1 case... can't judge the healthcare system because 1 incident. This could also happen in Europe...

True, it may only be one case, but it is VERY common that people aren´t treated because they have no health insurance.

Americangal is right. I would also add that adults are affected too...not just children and elderly. They show NO MERCY!

A few years a go, a guy in Chicago bled to death 5 meters from the hospital´s emergency room. Why? He did not have insurance! This stuff happens all the time :shock:
+
RONALDINHO2K2
post 7.Mar.2007, 10:32 AM
Post #6

I fully agree espen, you cannot judge one case and state that , hey look at the american helath care. It happened o one boy, and can, and could have happened anywhere else in he word.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 7.Mar.2007, 10:36 AM
Post #7

I don't see how anyone can defend not having a basic National Health service when you read about things like that. So your mum is dirt poor - what has a child done to deserve that, and why should they suffer for it?
+
wellygirl
post 7.Mar.2007, 10:36 AM
Post #8

This thread could be linked to the "Why people think that Americans are stupid" thread.

Don't get me wrong, I generally enjoy the company of any american but the country as a whole really needs to sort it's sh!t out!!!

The above article is a prime example... It is far too money driven and even if you are bleeding to death outside the door the hospital will simply say "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

It's greedy, selfish and inhumane!!!!!

I can't believe that this sort of stuff is actually allowed, it should be a crime!
+
Ms. Moda
post 7.Mar.2007, 10:37 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (RONALDINHO2K2)
I fully agree espen, you cannot judge one case and state that , hey look at the american helath care. It happened o one boy, and can, and could have happened anywhere else in he word.

Ronaldinho, have you lived there? I was born AND raised in the United States. So I am fully aware of the health care situation there and qualified to speak out about it.

I have also lived in Europe for years. Not saying that the health care system here is perfect...but at least you CAN see a doctor if you need to.
+
*Paulo's Hilton Not Blond*
post 7.Mar.2007, 11:00 AM
Post #10

Don't forget that people in Europe usually pay a lot of taxes for it, so it's not totally free.

It's the minimal that the Governments must provide --- a National Health System coverage. One of the down sides of the States is either when you're unlucky to be born under the line poverty, or don't like to work that much and expect the dream day that welfare will support your needs. You are definetely screwed up.
+
wellygirl
post 7.Mar.2007, 11:09 AM
Post #11

I think the problem with the american health care system is that there acutally is none as far as I'm aware all the hospitals are privately owned... I may be wrong but that's how I thought it was... Ms. Moda?

So hospitals are seen as a buisness to make money so they can charge as much as they damn well please and not give a toss if someone can't afford it, they just won't be looked after.

IMO every human being should have access to medical care and the government should run it or atleast fund some of it. A matter of life or death should not be monopolised!

Sure if you want cosmetic operations such as straightning your teeth then that comes out of your own pocket but COME ON!!!!! Death by tooth decay!!!! :roll:

As I said before, this sh!t needs sorting!
+
Mike
post 7.Mar.2007, 11:34 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (wellygirl)
I think the problem with the american health care system is that there acutally is none as far as I'm aware all the hospitals are privately owned... I may be wrong but that's how I thought it was... Ms. Moda?

Yeah, actually, you're completely wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth.
+
wellygirl
post 7.Mar.2007, 11:36 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Mike)
Yeah, actually, you're completely wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth.

well it's a good thing that I mentioned that I could be wrong rather than insisting that I knew it to be the truth! laugh.gif
+
Mike
post 7.Mar.2007, 11:37 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Americangal)
I think the Doctors are OK in American BUT if you dont havae Health Insurance YOUR FU**ked...its a shame and sad cos its the elderly and the children that suffer from lack of Doctor care...

Strange. Then how do people with no insurance and no money (illegal aliens for example) rack up billions of dollars in unpaid hospital bills every year?

Seriously, you people are clueless and have no idea what you're talking about.
+
Elvis Has Left The Buildi...
post 7.Mar.2007, 11:41 AM
Post #15

What a shame a child has to die at the ignorance of a parent. Even the best healthcare system does not supersede a parents intuition. I was born and raised in the US and have two children myself. I know it does happen but hospitals are not to refuse service to the ill. I had friends that had no insurance and received free healthcare many times over including minor surgery. So to say if you don't have healthcare you are F'd is completely off the mark. Staying out of political agendas. I am not sure social healthcare would work in the US, the welfare system is a failure that has deceitful people taking advantage of it. I would imagine the healthcare would be abused also. No country is without issues. Here in Sweden I know of my wife's uncle who is in need of heart surgery, he has been on a waiting list for sometime and as his health improves he drops down on the list. My brother in law needed knee surgery and had to wait many months for his treatment.
+

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: