The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Sued for smoking outdoors

*Billy*
post 9.Mar.2007, 12:51 PM
Post #1

What is the world comming too? :roll:

http://www.thelocal.se/6642/20070309/
Go to the top of the page
+
Mzungu
post 9.Mar.2007, 12:52 PM
Post #2

Cleaner air!
+
Rellstar
post 9.Mar.2007, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Well I for one thinks its a good thing. If people want to poison themselves and stink of smoke they should do it in their own homes (excluding the garden) and nowhere else.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:00 PM
Post #4

If you can only smoke in the privacy of your own home then you should only be able to drive in the privacy of your own home. FFS.
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:05 PM
Post #5

What about your farting?? It pollutes too...
Should people be allowed to BBQ, fart or use a trimmer in their gardens?? What about cars?

The lawyer is doomed to loose this case in the court.
+
wellygirl
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:06 PM
Post #6

whilst doing my spring cleaning yesterday the sun was shining and it was absolutely glorious, so I opened my window... however, a lot of large trucks seem to go along our road and we are on the ground floor so I couldn't help thinking that the exhaust fumes were billowing straight in to my appartment... should i sue the truck drivers?

I personally don't smoke but I don't know what to think about this one as I can see both sides of the story...
It can be very discusting for a non-smoker to be forced to inhale the fumes when not wanted (especially if asthmatic) but then again shouldn't somone be able to smoke on their own property?

Maybe she should take up snuss instead...
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:09 PM
Post #7

For the love of God. If she stands right outside his window then I can see his point, but standing outdoors where its full of air and smoke disappears? This guy is a control freak who wants to stop everyone else from doing something just because he doesn't do it himself. I bet he has a car.

It's this sort of thing that makes me want to go up to non-smokers on the street and smoke an enormous fat cigar right next to them. I don't because I'm a tolerant sort but honestly, much more of this and I might turn militant.
+
Puffin
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:10 PM
Post #8

Therehave been cases like this before - especially in flats where smoking on balconies drifts into other people's flats in the summer.
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:13 PM
Post #9

I was just thinking about of my stupid neighbor...

She gets annoyed by the rest of us and our noise, but she never takes any responibility for her own noises...like her parties, f*cking and stamping. But a lawn mover during the day makes her crazy. I'm sure the lawyer is polluting his neighors too, but some people are born without the ability to see themselves.
There's no reflextions.
+
*Grimelda*
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:25 PM
Post #10

Agrees with VHW. I don't smoke, don't like the smell and can't stand having it around when I'm trying to eat but this is just ridiculous.

Speaking of which, did anyone see that episode of Bullshit! about passive smoking in the US?
+
*Billy*
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:31 PM
Post #11

Cleaner air!

Spoken like a true non smoker cobber! :wink:

I personally don't smoke but I don't know what to think about this one as I can see both sides of the story...
It can be very discusting for a non-smoker to be forced to inhale the fumes when not wanted (especially if asthmatic) but then again shouldn't somone be able to smoke on their own property?

I agree about the asthmatic part and therefor if this is the case, then they should come to some arrangement.

For the love of God. If she stands right outside his window then I can see his point, but standing outdoors where its full of air and smoke disappears? This guy is a control freak who wants to stop everyone else from doing something just because he doesn't do it himself.

It's this sort of thing that makes me want to go up to non-smokers on the street and smoke an enormous fat cigar right next to them. I don't because I'm a tolerant sort but honestly, much more of this and I might turn militant.

Unfortunately there is people like this all over the world. They have nothing better to do than complain and try and control other people. Personally, I am a smoker, and i will agree it has become quite a annoying habbit and I am trying to quit, But, I NEVER smoke in a non smokers presence, and if i do, I walk away from them at least 5 metres. What gives this guy the right to demand this woman not to smoke in her OWN yard.
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:35 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Billy)
Unfortunately there is people like this all over the world. They have nothing better to do than complain and try and control other people. Personally, I am a smoker, and i will agree it has become quite a annoying habbit and I am trying to quit, But, I NEVER smoke in a non smokers presence, and if i do, I walk away from them at least 5 metres. What gives this guy the right to demand this woman not to smoke in her OWN yard.

But non-smokers seems to seek and enjoy smokers all the time. Why???
+
wellygirl
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:36 PM
Post #13

cuz it's cool... cuz all the cool kids do it aye!!
+
Streja
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:37 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (grimelda)
Agrees with VHW. I don't smoke, don't like the smell and can't stand having it around when I'm trying to eat but this is just ridiculous.

Speaking of which, did anyone see that episode of Bullshit! about passive smoking in the US?

I did...I thought it was bullshit!

I also didn't like their stuff on genetically modified food...they basically said Africa should take it on tor educe famine...and said that some cuntry can't remember which listeened to the people who are against it and decided not to accept it into their country. That means they said that African country was stupid not to listen to the US and its lovely genetically modified foods. Maybe Africa has brains and they can decide for themselves? It was so colonialist!
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 9.Mar.2007, 01:39 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Best Regards Espen)
But non-smokers seems to seek and enjoy smokers all the time. Why???

So they can satisfy their desire to feel self-righteous and to whine. Possibly also because non-smokers have some kind of genetic impulse to flap their hands around and feign coughing fits, although there has been little scientific investigation into this phenomenon.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: