The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Goverment to ban unsuitable dog owners

Yendor
post 19.Mar.2007, 11:24 AM
Post #1

First of all to own a "fighting dog" you should be tested on your mental health!Why? While i was taking a sunday walk around Delsjön(lake) in Göteborg about five years ago a man with a big pit-bull dog without a leash came towards me from a distance. Suddenly the dog came running towards me but i thought the dog saw something behind me and was just going to run past me. I guessed wrong! The dog first attacked my left leg, i fell to the ground and then it bit my left arm. I was able to stand up again calling for the dog owner to call off his dog. He called his dog once which did nothing! I then made the decision to kill the dog (military training) which i did. Then the man came running at me in anger because i killed his dog. I told him to stop but was forced to knock-him-out. I called the police and they arrested the man and made a report.
Go to the top of the page
+
post 19.Mar.2007, 11:37 AM
Post #2

wow yendor, i'm glad you came out of that ok. remind me to not "go at ye" :wink:

i think your story confirms that the owners are the problem and not the various breeds which are often clumped together as "fighting dogs."

the various stafforshire terriers are really sweet dogs. it's just too bad for them that bad people think they're living weapons and train them to be.
+
Benzed
post 19.Mar.2007, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Yendor aka Francis Begbie.

I also would have no hesitation in trying to severely injure or kill any mutt that is trying to rip off my arm, despite having no military training whatsoever and being a dog lover to the ... bone.
+
Yendor
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:02 PM
Post #4

The dogs are not the problem. The OWNERS of the dogs are the problem. Sadly i was forced to break the dogs neck. And i told the police that because the dog owner could not control his dog that the dog ended-up dead and that is the responsability of the dog owner.
+
Alfredo
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:05 PM
Post #5

How are they going to deem people inappropriate?

''Finally, any owners deemed inappropriate are to be barred from owning dogs in the future.''

http://www.thelocal.se/6728/20070319/

Anyone with a criminal record?
+
Benzed
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:05 PM
Post #6

Tell me more about how you don´t allow cats onto your property but if they do so you break their two front legs and staple a warning note to their paw.

You editing fiend. :wink:
+
Alfredo
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:07 PM
Post #7

The dogs are the problem.
The owners are the problem.
+
Benzed
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:08 PM
Post #8

The strong jaws, second only to the hyena in terms of land walking animals are the true problem. If their teeth were the size of a seahorse´ choppers there would be no threat.
+
Yendor
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:11 PM
Post #9

I have no problem with cats but i dont allow them around my house. To keep them away i spray them with the water hose.
+
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:12 PM
Post #10

did they teach you that in the military? :wink:
+
Benzed
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:12 PM
Post #11

Dirty.
+
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:16 PM
Post #12

he's talking about feline pussycats, not the other kinds of puszi.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:17 PM
Post #13

I think it's a great idea. Unsuitable people should not be allowed to have pets. The definition of unsuitable should include anyone who lets their dog crap in public areas and doesn't clean it up. In fact, this should be punishable by a day in the stocks.

VHW (is distressed by the vastly increased amount of dog poo in her new area of residence)
+
Faithless
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:17 PM
Post #14

First killing a large pitbull, then knocking the owners lights out, now thats what I call flip flopping.
+
Yendor
post 19.Mar.2007, 12:18 PM
Post #15

Just like alcohol is not a problem, has never been and will never be. Its PEOPLE that have no control over their alcohol that is the problem. Crack down and slam people not alcohol!!
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: