The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Please help me

My daughter is not yet register

Giean012013
post 2.Mar.2018, 04:39 AM
Post #1

Hello. Im currently living in philippines with my kids. 1 is pure filipino and the other one is half swedish. My problem is her father doesnt help me to register my daughter in sweden. She is already 17 months old. And i been asking him to register and send the form that we need to register her.

Please help me and gave some advices what can i do and how will i register her. So we could go in sweden. Thank you so much
Go to the top of the page
+
MichaelKiz
post 13.Oct.2018, 12:38 AM
Post #2

How can we answer this? Approach the Canadian Embassy and ask. You were foolish to marry a man you cannot be with, half a world away.
+
SmokerT69
post 13.Oct.2018, 12:39 PM
Post #3

Wow lad, take it easy. She didn't even say she was married, just that she has a kid with a Swedish guy.

I would suggest going to the Swedish embassy and asking there...

How long of a relationship did you have with this guy? Do you even have any information on him? Was this just a hook up while he was on vacation? When was the last time he saw his kid? You said the child is 17 months?

This is from the migrationsverket website.

"Normally a person who wants to live together with a family member in Sweden has to apply for a residence permit at a Swedish embassy or consulate-general in his or her country of origin, or in another country where he or she has a residence permit. The residence permit must be issued before the person travels to Sweden."

So you would have to get your child citizenship first. Then you could apply for a residence permit yourself I guess. Residence permits can take 2-3 years to be processed. Normally you have to wait in your country of orgin for them to be processed. Also, you're other child is not Swedish, so I'm guessing he/she would need a permit as well. Not really sure in your case...
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: