The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Sweden tops EU in growth

Thanks to immigration

Uncle Fred
post 12.Feb.2019, 05:34 PM
Post #16

The article is fake news, it fails to capture the real reality in Sweden, that of damage to property, assaults on local people and drug dealing, etc.
The real news is the government is placing the majority of immigrants into public sector jobs and paying them, thus misreporting real employment. I have personally witnessed all this I write about.
Very little of this is reported as not to cause further issues.
Of course, there may be a handful of skilled immigrants that are taking up real jobs, no one is denying that.
Go to the top of the page
+
Saywhatwhat
post 12.Feb.2019, 05:40 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Billy_UK @ 12.Feb.2019, 04:42 PM) *
Obviously immigrants on work permits isn’t government handouts. The majority of refugee consumption will be government handouts because the majority of those are unemployed. ... (show full quote)

Yes, good points that they have also created jobs. In the studies I have seen they lump together refugees and immigrants As new arrivals.

Haven’t read the article you linked yet but just stating the cost and not the return has no point. I have also read they cost 8,000$ a year but their contributions could very well outweigh the cost.

And if you are saying unemployed people with refugee status are costing that much per year over a 32 year period... then that is Sweden’s fault for granting asylum for a 32 year period.

Either way... immigrants and refugees are contributing to economic growth in many ways. That is a good thing for them and the natives whose country’s economy grows stronger because of welcoming in people. Sure, they should have done it at a slower rate considering Sweden’s size, but it obviously isn’t hurting Sweden.

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 12.Feb.2019, 04:51 PM) *
The problem is sweden needs to up it's game and follow the USA or UK model. It needs to offset the cost and sell more weapons that cause the wars in the countries the refugees flee from.

Oh but they do! They contribute very much to the crisis in Yemen. Too lazy to post an article but just google Sweden’s arms deals with Saudi Arabia and UAE.
+
Gjeebes
post 12.Feb.2019, 05:54 PM
Post #18

"Why had the consumption increased?"

Because of dirt cheap loans, you tard. Not exactly a secret, the extraordinary debt levels of the Meatballs.

Same dirt cheap loans will bankrupt family after family, once the payments increase as the Riksbank continues to raise prime rates.

Duh. It's like the 90's never happened.

"I have also read they cost 8,000$ a year but their contributions could very well outweigh the cost."

That's some fine lefty-nutter optimism you got goin on there. What is it based on though? Sympathy? Political correctness?

Do you "have-a-dream", you ole virtue-hound you?
+
Saywhatwhat
post 12.Feb.2019, 06:02 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 12.Feb.2019, 05:54 PM) *
"Why had the consumption increased?"Because of dirt cheap loans, you tard. Not exactly a secret, the extraordinary debt levels of the Meatballs.Same dirt cheap loan ... (show full quote)

Loans have a part. Although they increased interest rates so that is not the deciding factor in economic growth.

The other statement is based on that thing called history.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 12.Feb.2019, 07:07 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (gsurya @ 12.Feb.2019, 04:38 PM) *
Its a fact in all countries that immigration is costly up-front but pays off in the long run. Of course the state has to make an investment in getting immigrants up to speed, ... (show full quote)

The danish governement recently wanted to relax the requirements on minimum wage to issue work visas for citizens from a selection of countries. Guess what? Neither India, nor Pakistan nor Bangladesh was deemed to contribute workers of such a quality that an easing in visa requirements were mandated.
And why do such superior specimen who are in demand in every country on earth need help from the government to get employed? There should be shootouts on the tarmac at Arlanda between representatives of big successfull it companies fighting for the opportunity to hire these superior workers.
+
Uncle Fred
post 12.Feb.2019, 07:38 PM
Post #21

This is why gsurya is so pissed and needs to come to Sweden.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-20265583
+
Saywhatwhat
post 12.Feb.2019, 08:25 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 12.Feb.2019, 07:38 PM) *
This is why gsurya is so pissed and needs to come to Sweden.. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-20265583

What are you smoking, uncle? Gsurya is IN sweden
+
Uncle Fred
post 12.Feb.2019, 08:52 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 12.Feb.2019, 08:25 PM) *

I am smoking nothing, I said "needs to come to Sweden" meaning he is already hear, may be grammar is different where you come from.
+
intrepidfox
post 12.Feb.2019, 08:52 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 12.Feb.2019, 08:25 PM) *

If you read the article, the date was 2015
+
Uncle Fred
post 12.Feb.2019, 08:53 PM
Post #25

Look out Gamla's online.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 12.Feb.2019, 09:36 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 12.Feb.2019, 08:52 PM) *
I am smoking nothing, I said "needs to come to Sweden" meaning he is already hear, may be grammar is different where you come from.

Yes where I am from the appropriate form would have been past tense, needED, not the present tense like you used since that implies there is a present need for him to come to Sweden... since the article was from 2015.

Please explained your view because me was so dum dum now.

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 12.Feb.2019, 08:52 PM) *
If you read the article, the date was 2015

Yes, which means it was why he needED to move to Sweden. Since I’m playing along with that idea.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: