The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

WHO GOT HIS DECISION FROM MIGRATIONSVERKET.SE?

Borlange06v
post 17.Aug.2006, 06:42 AM
Post #16

Yeah I am in contact with them.
Yesterday they said that there is no decision at the moment.
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 17.Aug.2006, 08:53 AM
Post #17

That is tough - did they give you any indication about when they would be making a decision?

It's bad luck that you applied at the worst possible time - as the annual holiday season sarts around midsummar (approc 21 june) and most people are on holiday for 4-6 weeks - so many people only started working again last week.

Why did you leave it so late? as I seem to remember that you had an offer already in late may?
+
Kitten
post 17.Aug.2006, 02:33 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Rachellabelle)
I am coming from Canada...I heard from the migration board today...they misplaced my acceptance letter...hope thats not a bad sign...anyway I hope that means they will be making a decision on my case soon!!

It's probably just a case of coming back from summer vacation disorganization. The first time I applied for my work permit I had to submit the scanned copies of my Offer of Employment and passport no less than three times because they kept losing them. And this time, they misplaced the fee (oh no!!) but all I had to do was sent them a copy of the receipt. They're not as organized down there as one would hope, plus the woman who handles my casefile sends all her emails written in Swedish because she says her English "inte så bra." :?
+
Leonard
post 17.Aug.2006, 02:49 PM
Post #19

Hello,

I talked to the lady today about my student visa. She said you have to wait 5 monthes. I also applied 8 weeks ago. I told her I need it next week. she said no problem and I had an e-mail saying that it was ready in about 15 minutes.

5 monthes if you don't phone
15 minutes if you phone
governmnet service - the same in every country
+
Leonard
post 17.Aug.2006, 02:54 PM
Post #20

What university are the people applying for student visa's going to?

I'll be in Uppsala. I'm from Canada.
+
*Rachellabelle*
post 17.Aug.2006, 03:36 PM
Post #21

[quote=Borlange06v]
when you submitted your applicaton online?
I submitted it on the 19th June. still no response[/quote]

I submitted it June 30th so its not quite 8 weeks yet. I am going to try to call the embassy to see what they can do!! I've tried emailing them to request they process my case faster but so far no response.[/quote]
+
*Cesspool*
post 18.Aug.2006, 04:58 AM
Post #22

i sent my app out by mail july 7 and got my visa last week, my only prob was that they did not accept my photos so i had drive up to nyc to get evything sorted out... had to do it personally cuz i phoned em was put on hold for 2 hrs den got disconnected... sux...
i will also be going to uppsala
+
*Rachellabelle*
post 18.Aug.2006, 12:20 PM
Post #23

Hey, does anyone know the phone number for migration sverket? I try to keep phoning the number on the website as well as the number I received with my confirmation of submission but both are aparrently "out of service." (or could be I'm dialing wrong). For those who actually called the migration board, what number did you use?
+
Puffin
post 18.Aug.2006, 03:25 PM
Post #24

According to their website you can get information on
Telefon: 0771-19 44 00
Monday-Friday 9am-3pm (Swedish time)

or from outside of Sweden 00 46 771 194400

is that the number you have tried?
+
Maxis
post 18.Aug.2006, 05:04 PM
Post #25

my first one took 2 days, my second one took two months. du måste väntar...
+
*PantoneTria*
post 19.Aug.2006, 10:52 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (Rachellabelle)
I submitted it June 30th so its not quite 8 weeks yet. I am going to try to call the embassy to see what they can do!! I've tried emailing them to request they process my case faster but so far no response.

I did submit exactly at the same day... and still no respond... all i knew is... they've already took the application fee from my account laugh.gif
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 20.Aug.2006, 08:08 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Borlange06v)
I am a bit worriying about my visa status, it is nearly 8 weeks that I applied for visa, still no response.

There's also offices in YOUR homeland which are slow too... Not only in Sweden. Swedwn needs info. Info is late and it takes 8 weeks... Sorry. I can't help you eith slow administration. Once I waited 4 days for a package from sweden. ;-) That's a very long time...
+
Puffin
post 21.Aug.2006, 07:47 AM
Post #28

It is worth ringing - sometimes times speed up if you chase and you can find out that they have all the information needed.
+
*PantoneTria*
post 24.Aug.2006, 12:14 PM
Post #29

I'd called them... but seems nothing help. The lady kept on saying... The dicision hasn't been made yet all i have to do is wait??!! sad.gif
+
*Rachellabelle*
post 24.Aug.2006, 03:18 PM
Post #30

I recieved my decision yesterday. Right at the last minute too...I'm sure you all will recieve yours very soon!!
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: