The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >   Reply to this topic

Sweden is so crap

You can not get real chip shop chips

Yorkshireman
post 5.Mar.2013, 08:10 PM
Post #61

QUOTE (djmarko @ 5.Mar.2013, 07:10 PM) *
I can bet in ever country in this planet, they will have at least 1 Italian, Chinese, French, probably Thai Restaurant

Then I will take your bet. And you lose wink.gif

The Vatican City State is an independant State and that, if I remember correctly, only has a few restaurants, none of which are Chinese, French or Thai. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 5.Mar.2013, 09:37 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 5.Mar.2013, 02:05 PM) *
I seriously doubt that most people in the world have actually experienced Italian cuisine, let alone have an opinion! sad.gif

I have encountered an attempt to deep fry pasta in Bolivia!

QUOTE (djmarko @ 5.Mar.2013, 07:10 PM) *
I can bet in ever country in this planet, they will have at least 1 Italian, Chinese, French, probably Thai Restaurant, even in Sweden, The Thai, Chinese, Italian restuarants ... (show full quote)

I Bet more than 1 in 10 of the global population, don't even know exactly where all 3 or 4 of these countries are, or the type of food they traditionally eat.

But, I bet many more have combined fish with a starch food of some type !!
+
Elf_Moon
post 5.Mar.2013, 10:32 PM
Post #63

A lovely Swedish woman offered me a slice of cake the other day and I had to say it appealed to my sweet tooth so I gladly said yes...

She came from the kitchen with a giant sandwich covered in fish O.o It was delicious though but I have to say it's the strangest cake I've ever eaten biggrin.gif
+
oddsock
post 5.Mar.2013, 11:13 PM
Post #64

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 5.Mar.2013, 08:10 PM) *
Then I will take your bet. And you lose wink.gif. The Vatican City State is an independant State and that, if I remember correctly, only has a few restaurants, none of which are Chinese, French or Thai. biggrin.gif

Do they serve holy knackebröd?
+
byke
post 6.Mar.2013, 01:09 AM
Post #65

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 5.Mar.2013, 08:10 PM) *
Then I will take your bet. And you lose wink.gif. The Vatican City State is an independant State and that, if I remember correctly, only has a few restaurants, none of which are Chinese, French or Thai. biggrin.gif

http://www.10best.com/destinations/italy/r...r-vatican-city/
wink.gif
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 6.Mar.2013, 01:30 AM
Post #66

QUOTE (byke @ 5.Mar.2013, 07:48 PM) *
The french and italians for example spend much more dedication in the production of food as it plays a greater role in society.

The Italians make excellent food. It is basically simple farmer's dishes, but the amount of detail/time in preparation and quality of the ingredients is amazing, which IMO makes the Italian cuisine the best in the world.

Average French food on the other hand is basically meat/chicken/fish + fries. Always those damn fries with everything. Quite dull food IMO. The French fine cuisine may be well renowned, but the food most people eat is not much to brag about.
+
byke
post 6.Mar.2013, 01:31 AM
Post #67

I dont disagree with you one little bit.
+
Yorkshireman
post 6.Mar.2013, 07:48 AM
Post #68

QUOTE (byke @ 6.Mar.2013, 01:09 AM) *

That is near the Vatican City, which I suspect means in Italy ...ie. a different country.

...and there is also Nauru, where there is really only restaurants that serve Chinese food biggrin.gif ...no italian, Thia etc... wink.gif
+
Snood
post 6.Mar.2013, 10:25 AM
Post #69

Try telling a Swede that lingonberries, when cooked into a jam are almost identical to cranberries and that the two are completely interchangeable...

Whenever I do they launch into a defence as if I had just told them that their healthcare isn't actually free or that the world is flat.
+
byke
post 6.Mar.2013, 10:48 AM
Post #70

I often refer to them as Freedom Berries biggrin.gif
Nothing tastes sweater, than the sweat and misery relating to the slavery and conditions in which they were picked.

Some may even argue that these berry pickers deliberately stranded themselves in Sweden with no money or social care in a wet forest, just because the weather is so much better over here biggrin.gif
+
Movedtoswedenandgotstuck
post 6.Mar.2013, 12:06 PM
Post #71

All this banter after Rick couldn't get some nice, old fashioned, hot chips in Linköping.
Wow!
Watch out if he starts getting a hankering for some beer-battered fish...
Or a chiko roll. huh.gif
+
Delano
post 6.Mar.2013, 10:23 PM
Post #72

I sincerely hope the British aren't slagging off 'Swedish' food. That would be a great joke indeed.

PS: Not crazy about Italian food myself. Not the best in the world to me at all, but hey, that's what opinions are made off eh.
+
byke
post 8.Mar.2013, 06:15 PM
Post #73

QUOTE (Migga @ 3.Mar.2013, 09:03 AM) *
LOL LMAO Yeah, the kind of food they cook in the number 1 restaurant in the world. . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noma_(restaurant). http://noma.dk/

They were in the Swedish news today.
I do hope Rick Methven hadnt taken your advice as his first post on this board today has been

Having been away for some time due to a family illness

SWEDISH VERSION :
http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/63-magsju...asta-restaurang

ENGLISH TRANSLATION :
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...asta-restaurang
+
Hisingen
post 8.Mar.2013, 09:59 PM
Post #74

QUOTE (Snood @ 6.Mar.2013, 10:25 AM) *
- - - - healthcare isn't actually free or that the world is flat.

Damn! And there I have been thinking that they were for years ! ! !

Just goes to show what a crazy world we live in. Hey ho. laugh.gif
+
intrepidfox
post 8.Mar.2013, 10:23 PM
Post #75

A chip pan from Argos costs £10 and a kilo potatoes 9.- + the oil, No probs and it tastes good
+

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: