The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

US girl moving to Sweden for Boyfriend

immigration advise

post 27.Jun.2019, 03:01 AM
Post #1
Joined: 27.Jun.2019

Okay so I have a couple questions,

I am graduating University in Dec 2019, and looking to move to Sweden to be with my Boyfriend in Jan. My questions are...

-We want to live together, so I know I could apply for a residence permit on the basis that he is a swedish citizen and we're living together, but can I work on that visa and how long does it take it get (when do I need to apply by)

-I want to work, I will have a degree in supply chain, where am I most likely to find a company that will hire an international graduate? I know I will need a work permit and in order to get one i need an offer first. Will it be hard to find a job?

Any advise would help!
Go to the top of the page
Case officer
post 27.Jun.2019, 06:31 AM
Post #2
Joined: 25.Jul.2012

If your application is approved you will be granted a combined residence and work permit that allows you to work. Normal processing time is 12-24 months.

If you have been offered employment you can instead apply based on your job offer. Normal processing time is 10 days to 6 months.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: