The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Nordén made to settle for Olympic silver

OUIJA
post 12.Aug.2012, 10:40 AM
Post #16

If Norden backed up the appeal of the Swedish Olympic Committee, means that SHE REALLY THOUGHT worthy of the gold medal. For Miss Kitten to understand better, if a person grants permission to an assasin to kill the neighbour, the person is an accomplice. Simply principles of logical thinking, Mis Kitten.
Go to the top of the page
+
Ballcocks
post 12.Aug.2012, 11:53 AM
Post #17

If she really deserved the gold she should have finished in the same style as Alistiar Brownlee who won the mens event
+
Peter Thomas
post 12.Aug.2012, 12:40 PM
Post #18

What is with all the negativity. She did well and she's happy with a silver. Lets be proud of her and all the other athletes who represented their (and our) countries.
+
Miss Kitten
post 12.Aug.2012, 02:04 PM
Post #19

Ouija, of course Norden thought she was worthy of the gold medal. Isn't that why she competed in the first place? Apparently, there were some problems with the cameras at the finish line, and if that's the case then it seems only fair that an appeal should be filed.
You said that she lost and "cried foul" which isn't the case at all. I was just pointing out this to you. You said she was a "sore loser" and I pointed out she wasn't. She was very happy with her silver medal. The SOC filed the appeal. She even told them that probably nothing would come of the appeal since they never award a shared medal for the triathalon. They made the appeal anyway.
Also, please don't try to argue the finer points of logic with me by using a straw man logical fallacy. Norden supporting an appeal based on malfunctioning equipment is not the same thing as someone giving permission to an assassin.
By the way, are you Swiss?
+
OUIJA
post 12.Aug.2012, 05:23 PM
Post #20

# Miss Kitten
Let us start: "The Swedish Olympic Committee (SOK) duly lodged an appeal arguing that as the difference was so small both should be given the gold.#
When Norden backed up the appeal, the jippo of the malfunctioning camera, not cameras, was not on air.
If you do not dig irony, that is your problem, not mine.
You do not know what the finer points of logic are.
Norden did not support the appeal based on malfunctioning equipment, but on a tiny little difference.
The comparison I made is valid, Miss Kitten. Now, if a say that Sweden should appeal the results in the men's final in handboll because it lost for a minimal difference of one goal, you will start saying miau, miau again.
And no, I am not a Rolex, but you certainly are not a Vacheron & Constantin.
Think before you write. Do you even listen to the things that come out of your "brains"??
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: