The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12   Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

bonviveur
post 13.Oct.2019, 08:42 AM
Post #166

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 13.Oct.2019, 12:48 AM) *
i'm not complaining about the housing system. but frustrated about the second hand contract. how come people are not allowed to rent out their own apartment without permis ... (show full quote)

totally agree, my recent experience going to state owned tändlakare - paid 2300 sek for one tooth filling,done in 20 min., was a simple one by the way no painkillers was needed during visit.
Few asylum seekers also was waiting, I believe they pay only 50sek per visit regardless condition. At SFI majority learners are asylum seekers also, when I was attending only 2 persons out of 30 circa was not applying for asylum, and many of them attending SFI for 5 years plus, while getting paid for their accomodation, free bus rides, food and cash benefits , heavily discounted healthcare etc.
still waiting to see any off them to create added value...
Go to the top of the page
+
TheExpatEagle
post 13.Oct.2019, 06:47 PM
Post #167

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 13.Oct.2019, 09:42 AM) *
totally agree, my recent experience going to state owned tändlakare - paid 2300 sek for one tooth filling,done in 20 min., was a simple one by the way no painkillers was nee ... (show full quote)

Funny, I paid 800kr for a filling at Folktandvården with a painkilling injection.

I sometimes wonder if people on this forum live in the same Sweden that I do.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 13.Oct.2019, 06:59 PM
Post #168

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 13.Oct.2019, 12:48 AM) *
i'm not complaining about the housing system. but frustrated about the second hand contract. how come people are not allowed to rent out their own apartment without permis ... (show full quote)

Not all private housing associations are more expensive. The thing with private housing associations are they are generally more in line with market rates.

The reason why people can't rent out their first hand apartments is to help people get apartments. If someone doesn't need the apartment they should give it up so someone in the queue can take it. Why should people be able to have an apartment and rent it out?

Kommunal housing is like council houses in the UK except the housing arm of councils were turned into private companies. However the rents are controlled to a certain extent so they can't just increase to match the market demand.

The Moderates want to take away the rent control to enable the rents to reflect the market. They also want to make it legal for people to buy apartments to rent them out (buy to rent) which is one of the things that has screwed the UK housing market because it has turned housing into a business instead of a places to live.

People new to Sweden complain about the situation but it is for the good of the population who live here, as it should be. There are plenty of places people can go to get a 1st hand contract with little or no waiting time and they are generally 500kr a month more than a comparable kommunal housing flat.

The question is if there wasn't a housing queue how would the companies decide who should get an apartment? Racial profiling? How much money they have in the bank? The fairest way is a seniority based queue.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 15.Oct.2019, 03:25 PM
Post #169

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 12.Oct.2019, 04:17 AM) *
I'm astonished that I got same speculation as you...I always have same feeling as you after i have been living in Sweden more than one year. but I have never talked to any ... (show full quote)

As someone living in sweden for long time now. I must tell you sweden is a trap. They look great on the surface because they have all the international media and their own news outlets on their side. Try to find any real information in English about the actually situation of the rental market is almost impossible but of course you will find videos with 500k views on youtube about how sweden is the best country on earth all of them in English to make sure everybody can see them.

Sweden has a very obedient society who will cooperate and even lie if necessary about the actual situation. I have met swedes and when I ask them they smile and blame immigrants for the lack of housing. They smile because they know what their system is all about. They know their jobs and lives are secured because the system will do its job in beating the foreigner in the most elaborated trap on earth.

Are you french?. well I am Spanish and in my country we don't work for the system, we don't hide our problems and let me tell you I am pretty sure no other country in Europe is so passively harsh as sweden is. Problems in France and Spain and the rest of European countries are visible while in sweden and rest of scandinavian countries they just keep it quiet and thanks to their own conformist society they will just pretend nothing is happening.

When I tell swedes how bad the rental market is in sweden they smile because they know it's made like that on purpose. It's the perfect system to let people in and then get rid of competition. They use their language as a tool to prevent foreigners from getting any jobs despite swedes speak fluent English and they even falsely advertise that with English is enough to find a job when it's not true. And then the rental market is the final strike so unless you buy you will end burned out and broke.

In Spain bad things happen, many of them I don't feel proud of but in sweden... this is a cult not a country that's why so many foreigners hate sweden. Because it takes very little effort to see it's al marketing and a farce and to be honest the dark way the hide things from the rest of the world.

I guess greta thunberg will solve the rental market right?. Oh wait no she will not because, she works for the rich to control the population by using a 16 year old girl as a shield.
+
champaignepapi
post 15.Oct.2019, 03:35 PM
Post #170

Greta Thunberg lmao!!! What a f***ing moron. And everyone who's obsessed w her.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 15.Oct.2019, 04:47 PM
Post #171

QUOTE (champaignepapi @ 15.Oct.2019, 04:35 PM) *
Greta Thunberg lmao!!! What a f***ing moron. And everyone who's obsessed w her.

The problem I see with her is that she is using panic and fear to take control of the youth and in some aspects it seems to be working. Just wonder who is behind financing all this marketing?.

It's a farce because if sweden actually had anything to fix the problem they wouldn't need to hide behind a girl. Tha speaks a lot about their moral values
+
Saywhatwhat
post 15.Oct.2019, 05:29 PM
Post #172

Greta Thunberg has more to do with mental health and development disabilities than the environment.

A pawn whichever way you look.

“Save the planet” is nothing new.

+
Gjeebes
post 16.Oct.2019, 05:26 PM
Post #173

Sure, but "save the planet" by an Aspergers-autism-spectrum-ocd-entitled-spoiled-self-righteous-virtue-signalling-Meatballian-brat, sponsored (with PR) by a large corporation, and riding coat-tails of rich mommy and daddy, does indeed put a new spin on it!
+
Saywhatwhat
post 16.Oct.2019, 09:27 PM
Post #174

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 16.Oct.2019, 06:26 PM) *
Sure, but "save the planet" by an Aspergers-autism-spectrum-ocd-entitled-spoiled-self-righteous-virtue-signalling-Meatballian-brat, sponsored (with PR) by a large co ... (show full quote)

Do you work in marketing? I like how you simplified it but still got the message across. Straight forward and no fluff.

She will do more for the rights and treatment of those within the autistic spectrum than she will for the environment. I truly commend her for that.

I think her interest in science, if you can call it that, should be nurtured and expanded... how will it be when she has lost pop culture relevance and an audience????... hopefully she doesn’t get burnt out..... from the lack of atmosphere *rimshot*

+
Gjeebes
post 17.Oct.2019, 04:31 AM
Post #175

"Do you work in marketing?"

No...but perhaps I should?

I actually don't mind the Aspergers-autism-spectrum aspects, I work with this type sometimes. And they can also be quite self-righteous, when they can focus long enough!

Basically Greta has the typical Meatballian approach, which is essentially unfit for purpose.

The whole "shame-on-you", "how dare you"..."stole my childhood" etc etc. Very dramatic, but shaming people (i.e. the Meatballian approach) is not constructive and people get resentful real fast.

Just look at how well it has worked in Meatballia, home of the "there is no biological gender" and "white pixelated" Arab criminal in the news paper (remember that gem?).

Critics have also noted that she offers no solutions, but endlessly complains about today's society and its wasteful ways.

I wonder if she cries herself to sleep each night about her CO2 footprint due to her harnessing of electronic "social media"?

I personally feel that she is the new poster-child for virtue-signalling Meatballia, in a sad attempt to vie for attention (and relevance) on the world-stage, after looking like a self-determined Muppet for several years in a row now.

They will certainly get a lot of mileage out of it, just like "Islamist nurturing" and "all men are rapists" and unqualified "feminist government".

By the way, how will she get home? Will she have to fly? Or will her parents/PR company arrange another ride on a 16 million $ super-racing yacht to shame us all again for using the only modes of transportation available to us??

Maybe she will swim?
+
Saywhatwhat
post 18.Oct.2019, 06:48 PM
Post #176

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 17.Oct.2019, 05:31 AM) *
"Do you work in marketing?"I personally feel that she is the new poster-child for virtue-signalling Meatballia, in a sad attempt to vie for attention (and relevance) ... (show full quote)

Oh for sure. It makes me wonder what is really going on. Sad thing is, probably nothing going on, just covering up how shitty the meatball is in its “normalcy”

+
jagheter
post Yesterday, 20:07
Post #177

Hi All,

I Have read most of the posts in this thread. Interesting discussion i must say.

I'm a sort of "veteran" in Sweden, have lived here for 10 years now. As Student for first 2 years. None of the Local students bothered about saying Hi or even making an eye contact. I didn't give a deep thought about it. Swedes act extremely strange with foreigners.

I think some of you were exaggerating the problems and some of you were on point. I understand that experience can be different depending on factors.

Since last couple of years I have been contemplating moving out of Sweden because as someone rightly pointed out I'm also becoming like one of these people, which I don't want to become. We are planning to become parents and both of us sort of are well settled and so it isn't wise to move out now. If my brain were in my legs I would have moved out.

Swedes are passively racist, have to agree on that. I won't say all but 80% of them. It is true for non-whites, i can confirm that. How about other Europeans? Do Swedes act weird with you guys as well?

I was running in the forest, a colleague of mine was running in the opposite direction. There was nobody else, he didn't even look at me( intentionally of course), I waved and smiled. Of course we're not stopping, that's really absurd. I act the same against him at work nowadays.All the Swedes I know very very well at work or other places never even smile when we happen to accidentally meet outside. Very stupid behaviour. I don't feel like going to crowded places these days just not to meet a Swede I know.

My manager from outside looks very neutral, atleast he acts so but he doesn't give me hike and promotions that I deserve. But gives to my localite colleagues. I speak and write almost perfect Swedish.

Neighbour's doesn't say more than HI, everyone avoids everyone.

All the liberal behaviour is just a show off outside, infront of the world. But very conservative within, which they don't show.

The end problem of all this weird behaviour by locals is, the foreigners start to hate the society. People like me who can think rationally might not do stupid things. But lot of asylum seekers or ca 20% of the population who will never integrate with society unfortunately will do stupid things. Because they have come from war torn countries and education among them is low. New Swedes don't want to integrate into the society as well. So I see lot of problems in coming years.

There are many positive things about Swedes as well.

They obey civic rules
Low corruption rate
Not aggressive racists like some of the countries
I have never seen street fights by locals
They have done a good job building the system and societ.
Outdoor loving ppl, good facilities for sports.

Well, I have a lot to say but short of time. May be next time.

Regards
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post Yesterday, 21:52
Post #178

People that are well adjusted and satisfied with their life in Sweden never post on TheLocal...

TheLocal is "the" place to vent, complain and rant about Sweden...

So be it...
+
Saywhatwhat
post Today, 7:46
Post #179

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 19.Oct.2019, 10:52 PM) *
People that are well adjusted and satisfied with their life in Sweden never post on TheLocal.... TheLocal is "the" place to vent, complain and rant about Sweden.... So be it...

Cool story bro.

What’s your experience living in sweden?
+

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: jagheter