The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Engexit - England 1-2 Iceland

What a bunch of overrated and overpaid retards

Renfeh Hguh
post 27.Jun.2016, 10:10 PM
Post #1

England 1-2 Iceland LOL laugh.gif

What a bunch of overrated and overpaid retards.

I'll be the whole of the EU is just pissing themselves laughing about the Engexit
Go to the top of the page
+
1712x
post 27.Jun.2016, 11:09 PM
Post #2

They voted OUT...and now they have started exiting all the European competitions. Great characters smile.gif))
+
1712x
post 27.Jun.2016, 11:16 PM
Post #3

soon Google is going to report that "what is island" is the top question from within the UK laugh.gif
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 28.Jun.2016, 06:38 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (1712x @ 28.Jun.2016, 12:16 AM) *
soon Google is going to report that "what is island" is the top question from within the UK laugh.gif

No, they'll be going to their local Iceland store http://iceland.co.uk/ and reluctantly congratulating the staff.
+
mjennin2
post 28.Jun.2016, 09:07 AM
Post #5

God the game last night was so exciting!! I was jumping off my couch and biting my nails and covering my eyes... awwww, I LOVE a good underdog. And Iceland had some of the most beautifully-executed tackles and defensive plays that I have seen in such a long time. I am so glad they won! But I can only imagine the reaction from English supporters... as an American, I am used to seeing my USMNT folding and playing like shit all the time, but even though I have seen the English national team play just as many piss poor games, something tells me being a fan of the English squad brings about it's fair share of expectations. Last night probably supremely missed the mark laugh.gif
+
Hisingen
post 28.Jun.2016, 09:41 AM
Post #6

The Icelanders most certainly taught the islanders how to play their own game.
I, too, like to see a so-called underdog come out on top, and these guys most certainly did - against one of England's priciest teams ever.
Being able to remember when a high transfer fee was in the five-figure region, this current England team must have cost a fortune almost equivalent to the national debt, and still they were unable to put the ball into the net..
Iceland deserve the greatest credit, and yes, wouldn't it be just great if they not only went the whole way, but went home with the final trophy? I would love to see it happen. Maybe the great Ronaldo would weep even more were it to come about.
Mind you, I would like to see the likes of Stanley Mathews, Jackie Charlton, David Beckham and Peter Chilton again. OK - these lads played a different football from today, recent though DB is, but to have watched Stan Mathews dribbling the ball down the field was like real magic. Nostalgia. Well, that is all it can be for England this time round. The 'greats' are no longer there. Not even with Rooney.
Much of what they seem to get away with without a yellow card would have resulted in being sent off years ago. Add to that, some of the Latin players' theatricals after losing a tackle - they are worthy of Oscars. "Ich sterbe". Then when the verdict goes against them, they are up and running just like before.
Anyway, when it comes down to it - it is only a game - a kids' game.

rolleyes.gif
+
Mzungu
post 28.Jun.2016, 11:18 AM
Post #7

Icelanders jokingly want Lars Lagerbaeck as next prime minister, and to declare the 27th June an annual national holiday...a day of mourning in England, for the overpaid twits playing for England.

*nice to see a truly national team!*(Island)
+
Kari
post 28.Jun.2016, 12:07 PM
Post #8

Yes, everybody I know is happy that a small country in Norden is winning over big England. (And I think "serves those arrogant quitting types right".) The Swedish achievement was a disappointment se we are cheering on Iceland. At heast the captain is Swedish. Sports seem to awaken nationlistic (or "nordic") sentiments.
+
LLHope
post 28.Jun.2016, 12:38 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Kari @ 28.Jun.2016, 11:07 AM) *
we are cheering on Iceland. At heast the captain is Swedish.
???????
+
Applecore
post 28.Jun.2016, 01:27 PM
Post #10

Kari...carefull that chip on your shoulder si showing.

People are cheering for Iceland because they freaking rock! I daresay they are among the favourite now, because they are really a good, solid team who play as a team.

End. Of. Story
+
Hisingen
post 28.Jun.2016, 02:01 PM
Post #11

Have you all heard of the new craze going around ?

Singing karioki - where everyone reacts to words on a screen and has to sing out of tune. It is well practiced on here by our brain?washed Cadbury - the fruit and nut case.

It is even more popular than the Euro 2016. laugh.gif
+
Hek
post 28.Jun.2016, 09:06 PM
Post #12

How can you expect England to win when there are no Englishmen in The Primer League?

You must set a maximum of foreigners in each team. Let's say 5. Then more Englishmen will compere on the highest level. If the current system stay this will happen every big tournament.

No Englishmen in the league have important positions, they are just compliments to the foreigners. The same to say about managers.

Too much influence from abroad is not good for England
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 28.Jun.2016, 09:14 PM
Post #13

Maybe that's because English players aren't as good as the Europeans and South Americans.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Jun.2016, 10:19 PM
Post #14

English lads competing against English lads, for English glory...that's how it started...

Who changed it???

Don't forget Iceland had 11 guys out there too, and they played against a good team...somebody had to win...

And then there is Leicester City...Who predicted that???

Upsets are what makes sport so interesting...
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 29.Jun.2016, 06:34 AM
Post #15

What a looser tattoo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/engl...-leaves-8298337
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: