The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

BREXIT - does it matter?

Your thoughts...

*belpifs*
post 8.Dec.2016, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Apologise if this has already been done to death but what are thoughts of people on here..

I was acosted in Ireland recently by a Finnish woman who was very indignant the the UK had voted to leave the EU
Go to the top of the page
+
Applecore
post 9.Dec.2016, 09:30 AM
Post #2

Kind of idiotic to be accosted in such a manner. In truth nothing has really changed since the article to leave the EU has not yet been invoked. I wouldn't be surprised if the referendum is going to be quietly ignored by the government.
+
Applecore
post 9.Dec.2016, 11:09 AM
Post #3

Not really. Untill they actually start the procedure they can continue to play along. In the end i think they want to see what is goign to happen in the next couple of years. Because once they do start the procedure, then there is no way back and they will be time restricted.

As for the Eurozone collapsing, and EU collapsing i truly hope not. Eu is NOT perfect, it needs a LOT of work, but that can only be done from the inside and by the strong countries. I don't think Europe as a whole stands a chance in the market if all coutnries go their separate ways.

Rusia i don't trust at all. I know i may be biased, but i've yet to be proven wrong. Their policy is there to benefit them and to hell with everyone else.

I guess we will see how things evolve.
+
LLHope
post 11.Dec.2016, 07:02 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Applecore @ 9.Dec.2016, 09:30 AM) *
I wouldn't be surprised if the referendum is going to be quietly ignored by the government.
Considering the fact that Theresa May has consistently said "Brexit means brexit", has said publically Article 50 trigger by end of March 2017, and now Parliament has agreed to support the March timetable for Article 50 triggering ...it isn't exactly being ignored by the Government. blink.gif
QUOTE (Applecore @ 9.Dec.2016, 11:09 AM) *
Eu is NOT perfect, it needs a LOT of work, but that can only be done from the inside and by the strong countries.
It is precisely because of the founding strong countries that the EU is the administrative, authoritarian, protectionist mess it is now. It can only be changed in a good way by dismantling it and maybe forge a better co-operation via trade as was the original intention all those decades ago.
QUOTE (Applecore @ 9.Dec.2016, 11:09 AM) *
Their policy is there to benefit them and to hell with everyone else.
Exactly the same as the EU then biggrin.gif
+
andy_fin
post 12.Dec.2016, 10:04 AM
Post #5

The answer is...
No one has a fucking clue.
Not Junker at the EU, Not May, Not even Farage.

The referendum was a desperate plea from the voters for change. They didn't know what they wanted to change to but they didn't like 'stuff'.
Whether they knew what they were actually voting to change, what they were changing to and how that was going to happen was completely up in the air.

Whole thing is an embarrassing shit show.
+
wildcat728
post 15.Jan.2017, 06:00 AM
Post #6

Its better to have control of important issues such as financial regulations and immigration from within your own borders. Even if they implement foolish policy at least the mistake was their own and they know who to blame.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Jan.2017, 06:02 AM
Post #7

Exactly...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: