The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
64 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2016 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

jaduka1
post 8.Feb.2016, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Hello / Hall? ,

Let's discuss here regarding the applications process and admission.
Where you applied to? Have you received any rating?

My current application status:
1. Chalmers - In progress
2. KTH Royal - In progress
3. Dalarna - Qualified (Akademiska po?ng avancerad niv? (APA)
Your ranking in this selection group is: 180 of a maximum (285))
4. Uppsala - In progress

I have also applied for Swedish institute Scholarship and competing in 2nd group in 2nd stage.

Let's here from all of you applicants, and wait together.
Go to the top of the page
+
jaduka2
post 8.Feb.2016, 04:51 PM
Post #2

Not bad.
I also applied for Master's studies. I got MR of 180,0 out of 999,9 at Orebro for IT and Robotics. So I guess, we are on the same boat.
But I can't make sense out of it.
+
Lucas83
post 8.Feb.2016, 07:37 PM
Post #3

Hey guys. Dalarn was fast.

My current applicantion status:
1. Malm
+
ada
post 10.Feb.2016, 09:54 AM
Post #4

Hi everyone,

I applied for Information Technology and Learning - Gothenburg Uni and Interventions in Childhood - Jonkoping Uni. Both are still in progress. Fingers crossed smile.gif
+
Student123
post 10.Feb.2016, 09:57 AM
Post #5

Hej Guys,

In applied on January 2016 and have yet to receive any ratings.
I applied to
1.Gothenburg IN progress
2.Karlstad IN progress
3.Linnaeus IN progress
4.Linkoping IN progress
i have also applied to the SI scholarship and am in the second round Category 1.
+
salazaar
post 10.Feb.2016, 11:36 PM
Post #6

Hey guys!

These are my choices:

1. Industrial Management, KTH - In Progress
2. Production Engineering and Management, KTH - In Progress
3. Industrial Management, Uppsala - In Progress
4. Integrated Product Design, KTH - In Progress

Those merit ratings appear to be really mind-boggling... I wonder when we'll get notified about the (un)qualified status...

I have also checked the admission statistics from last year (http://statistik.uhr.se/) and I was just stunned.. For my first choice there were 527 applicants and they only accepted 23, for second choice 67 out of 433.. This seems to be the case with most programmes, but surprisingly as I read posts on the Internet I didn't get the impression that it is very hard to get admitted... huh.gif

Good luck and keep us updated! smile.gif
+
sleepless
post 11.Feb.2016, 07:59 AM
Post #7

I got Inget urval (PGIU) 999/999 from Stockholm university. Inget urval -> No selection. Not sure if I should be happy or upset. huh.gif
+
Student123
post 11.Feb.2016, 10:03 AM
Post #8

Dear Sleepless, Can you tell us about what Unis and Programs you applied to? and more info about your ratings? It'd be helpful. I wanted to apply to Stockholm Business School but as i dont have GMAT i made gothenburg my first choice (which i doubt i will get in to with out GMAT event with a CGPA of 3.84 out of a possible 4.00).

Dear Salazaar, from where did you find the stats?

And hopefully once we are all done with the SI application we can create a new discussion for the scholarship too and share more about ourselves?
+
sleepless
post 11.Feb.2016, 10:27 AM
Post #9

@Student123: I only applied to IT Management and Open eGov. program at Stockholm university. I have not applied anywhere else.
+
jaduka2
post 11.Feb.2016, 11:04 AM
Post #10

Anyone else who applied for masters studies at Orebro?

Share your statuses please.
+
ada
post 11.Feb.2016, 11:19 AM
Post #11

@Student 123, here is the link to statistics regarding admissions from the last years. It's in Swedish but it's easy to deduce the key information. http://statistik.uhr.se/
+
salazaar
post 11.Feb.2016, 02:09 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (sleepless @ 11.Feb.2016, 07:59 AM) *
I got Inget urval (PGIU) 999/999 from Stockholm university. Inget urval -> No selection. Not sure if I should be happy or upset.

I think you should definitely be happy smile.gif you've got the maximum MR and here is what they say about it on the Stockholms Universitet page:

Inget urval

Om utbildningen inte har n?got urval f?r alla, som ?r beh?riga och har anm?lt sig i tid, plats p? utbildningen.

From my understanding (Google translate, that is biggrin.gif ) it means that no selection is needed and everyone who applied on time will get a place. Congrats!

QUOTE (Student123 @ 11.Feb.2016, 10:03 AM) *
Dear Salazaar, from where did you find the stats?

http://statistik.uhr.se/
Pick MasterHT15 and your university, then you'll the results for various programs. Basic google translate and you'll know everything wink.gif
+
bangbang
post 11.Feb.2016, 03:13 PM
Post #13

Hej hej to all the other stressed out souls wanting to end up in Sweden !
I applied to Chalmers, Lund, KTH and Umea and everything is still "in progress".

I just got an email from KTH saying the process might take time so that some of us won't have any status modification until the last week before the final results.

I think we should not be scared neither over the number of applicants (think of the ones who don't care as much as we do, who don't have their english results on time, who won't fulfill all the requirements in the end) nor on the number of points we have for each master (because in the end it all depends on the level of the other applicants and you can be admitted with 300/999 or not admitted with an apparently good 850).

Let's stay strong, we'll make it smile.gif
+
Student123
post 11.Feb.2016, 03:29 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (salazaar @ 11.Feb.2016, 04:09 PM) *
I think you should definitely be happy you've got the maximum MR and here is what they say about it on the Stockholms Universitet page:Inget urvalOm utbildningen inte har ... (show full quote)

What about MasterHT16 it works too.

Anyone who got admitted to Stockholm business school with no GMAT?
+
salazaar
post 11.Feb.2016, 04:34 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (bangbang @ 11.Feb.2016, 03:13 PM) *
I just got an email from KTH saying the process might take time so that some of us won't have any status modification until the last week before the final results.

Also last year and the year before KTH issued most MRs in late March, so I guess we'll just have to wait. Did you write an e-mail to KTH asking about this or did they mail you on their own?

EDIT: I also got and e-mail from them.

QUOTE (bangbang @ 11.Feb.2016, 03:13 PM) *
I think we should not be scared neither over the number of applicants (think of the ones who don't care as much as we do, who don't have their english results on time, ... (show full quote)

You're probably right, reading threads from previous years I deducted that most of the applicants from uhr.se simply didn't complete their applications, it takes only 5 min so they didn't care - that's why the number is very high. Swedish universities don't usually reject people if they meet the requirements, instead they place them as reserve. So I think we should care more about the number of reserves (qualified but rejected) than total number of applicants. And in the end, most of the people on this forum got admitted to their first choices, so that's a very positive sign! smile.gif

QUOTE (Student123 @ 11.Feb.2016, 03:29 PM) *
What about MasterHT16 it works too.

It shows statistics from this year. You can check how many people applied to your programs, but obviously not the admission results biggrin.gif
+

64 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: