The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
64 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2016 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

bangbang
post 12.Feb.2016, 09:59 PM
Post #31

Student123 : Actually I just thought that it might not be soooo terrible, and that even though you're not taken in Gothenburg because of the GMAT you will have your chances for the other choices.
Just look at the ratings of TheAnswer (I wish this username to be accurate biggrin.gif), who got 999 out of 999 on his/her three first choices. If the order was really a matter, I think he or she would have had lower merit ratings.
Plus, only 30 people put your second choice first. Compare to the average stats of other programmes. That's really ok smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Student123
post 12.Feb.2016, 10:41 PM
Post #32

Dear bangbang, thank you! you showed me that there maybe some hope smile.gif I just thought maybe it wrong to choose one of the Biggest Unis with out a GMAT... Apart from that I've amazing grades, study abroad experience, Leadership skills n what not? I hope i get admitted as I'm sure I'll get the SI scholarship.
Thanks again!!
+
bangbang
post 12.Feb.2016, 11:17 PM
Post #33

You're welcome Student123 !

As long as the GMAT is not an expressively stated requirement, I think it's just one more thing that can help you, just like recommendations, experience, good grades etc etc.
If you compensate with all the things you listed, I don't see why you would have no chance.
+
fmow268
post 13.Feb.2016, 05:01 AM
Post #34

Still have no changes in my application.

I have made my applications for the following programmes:
Master's Programme in Biomedicine, Karolinska Institutet
Master Programme in Medical Research Uppsala University
Master's Programme, Medical Biotechnology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Master Programme in Biomedicine Lund University, Location: Lund

Dose anyone else also do study in biomedicine?
Hope you guys all get good luck.
+
fmarulezkd
post 14.Feb.2016, 03:44 PM
Post #35

I have made my applications for the following programmes:
Master's Programme in Biomedicine, Karolinska Institutet
Master Programme in Medical Research Uppsala University
Master's Programme, Medical Biotechnology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Master Programme in Biomedicine Lund University, Location: Lund

Dose anyone else also do study in biomedicine?
Hope you guys all get good luck.

Close. Can't wait for the results... I picked the programs solely based on content and not the city or other factors, so I'm really hoping for Linkoping.

1. Master's Programme in Experimental and Medical Biosciences,Link
+
Caroline
post 14.Feb.2016, 03:53 PM
Post #36

Hello!
This year I have applied for one of the programmes in Lund University. During the last 5 years there was no people on the reserve list. You think guys it's a good sign? It may seem like they admit all of applicants who are eligible...
And I wonder how reserve list works - last year the admission points level constituted 700/999 points. Does it mean that the worst eligible person scored 700 points OR
maybe there was much more eligible people but they score less than 700 p.?

Thanks for your comments!
+
fmow268
post 15.Feb.2016, 04:10 AM
Post #37

[quote name='fmarulezkd' post='884229' date='15.Feb.2016, 03:44 AM']Close. Can't wait for the results... I picked the programs solely based on content and not the city or other factors, so I'm really hoping for Linkoping.

1. Master's Programme in Experimental and Medical Biosciences,Link
+
salazaar
post 15.Feb.2016, 04:00 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (Caroline @ 14.Feb.2016, 03:53 PM) *
This year I have applied for one of the programmes in Lund University. During the last 5 years there was no people on the reserve list. You think guys it's a good sign? It ... (show full quote)

Swedish universities normally don't reject people if they meet the entry requirements, they put them on the reserve list instead - so I think it is a good sign, probably every qualified applicant was accepted smile.gif

The admission point shows the merit rating of the lowest-ranked admitted candidate (that year, of course). If your MR doesn't earn you a place, then you go on reserve list (with a certain place in it). If an admitted student rejects his offer, then it is offered to the first person on the reserve list. If another one resigns, then res no 2 is offered a place. And so on.
+
dekardar
post 17.Feb.2016, 01:07 PM
Post #39

i have applied in the following programmes.

Computer Science Chalmers - In Progress
Computer Science KTH - In Progress
Computer Science University of gothenburg - In Progress
Software Engineering Chalmers - In Progress

Any body here applying for Computer Sciences?
+
salazaar
post 17.Feb.2016, 07:09 PM
Post #40

Today I got a message from KTH:

This message is for your information only:
You have been granted an exception from the general admission requirement since 1) you are registered for the last semester of a programme leading to a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent or 2) you have not yet received your degree diploma.
If admitted, you will be required to show your Bachelor's degree (complete transcript and diploma) during your study at KTH.

So kinda good news wink.gif
+
Caroline
post 17.Feb.2016, 08:08 PM
Post #41

Guys, I have one more question. I am a student in my final year of Bachelor studies. Before the end of January (deadline for submitting documents) none of my grades from winter semester 2015/2016 were registered in the system. Today I received the last grade from this semester.

The thing is that this semester I got very good grades from very important subjects and I think they could help me a lot.

I am afraid that if I will upload the new transcript of grades via University Admissions (with more good grades) I will be considered as a late applicant. However, I believe this grades would help me A LOT. I scored mostly As and Bs sad.gif

I contacted the coordinator of the programme I applied to few days ago (in a connection with my another concern) and he said I have a good chance of being accepted... Should I tell him also about this issue? My documents have not be assesed yet.
+
salazaar
post 17.Feb.2016, 10:55 PM
Post #42

Sure, ask him about that! Remember that in case of University Admissions, "better late than never" does not apply biggrin.gif
+
AnnieHall
post 18.Feb.2016, 08:49 AM
Post #43

Sustainable Energy Engineering, KTH
+
dsands
post 18.Feb.2016, 11:16 AM
Post #44

Hello. I've also applied for an MSc for Autumn 2016.

Innovation & Spatial Dynamics - Lund - In Progress

International Marketing & Brand Management - Lund - In Progress

Finance - Lund - In Progress

No other info yet. I probably check a dozen times a day.
+
dsands
post 18.Feb.2016, 12:08 PM
Post #45

I had an idea. I visited the 2015 and 2014 versions of these threads. Though this won't help us now, it would probably be helpful to future applicants to give more details about our process. I think we should detail our GPAs and any other relevant information, particularly when you post if you got accepted. For example, based on my above post, my acceptance would look as follows (note: I haven't been accepted or declined yet - this is an example format):

Undergraduate GPA: 3.31/4.00 (Finance - Boston University - USA)
GMAT/GRE: none [PUT SCORE HERE IF APPLICABLE]
CV: 8+ years managerial experience in business consulting

Innovation & Spatial Dynamics - Lund - Accepted - Merit Rating 250/400

International Marketing & Brand Management - Lund - Reserve - Merit Rating 800/999

Finance - Lund - Reserve - Merit Rating 600/999

I only add this because I think the 2014 and 2015 threads lacked this detail, and it would have been somewhat helpful to me.
+

64 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: