The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Masters of Architecture in Chalmers

Are you satisfied with the school?

*Archi-gal*
post 4.Dec.2016, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone!
I am a Turkish student who graduated from Politecnico di Milano in the field of Architecture. This year i have continued to master's degree in my university but i am highly unsatisfied with the level of the courses, because we have been repeating what we have done in bachelors, and it seems like it’s going to continue this way.
I have heard about Chalmers University for the first time from the "Idea League" that is so-called the best universities of Europe, including TU Delft, RWTH Aachen, ETH Zurich, Chalmers University and Politecnico di Milano.

My questions are;
1) Students studying masters in architecture there; are you satisfied with the courses? And do you feel that masters courses are contributing you goodly?
Or if you have graduated from there; do you think it prepared you well to the working life?

2)What do you think about university's international reputation? (I have read other posts in the forum saying most European and Americans do not know the uni)
It's in bracket of 51-100, in 2016 QS World University Rankings in Architecture (http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2016/architecture )
But i know it doesn’t mean much considering my University is the 15th but most of my bachelor (international) classmates ran away from the university.

3)I am interested in a good campus life for students, both as opportunities given by school such as 3d printing labs, wood labs study spaces (I know they exist) etc and also extracurricular activities. What are your opinions about these?

4)Since i am non-EU, do you think i have a chance at getting a scholarship with 106/110 in my bachelor's studies?

I would be happy to hear your opinions in any of these questions, thanks already!
Salutes from Milano!
Go to the top of the page
+
Billie
post 27.Feb.2018, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Hi!
I wondered did you apply to it?
Got admitted? If so what about scholarship?
And are you satisfied with the program?
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: