The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Need suggestion about future

study help

hesper83
post 16.May.2017, 05:23 PM
Post #1

hi
Hope i will get some good suggestions and motivational words out of this post. I am from outside eu but now a swedish citizen after many years of hard work . i am 34 and have a kid. I need some suggestion or your views about what to do next. During all those years i spend here in sweden to settle down here i been doing some odd jobs like lagar , resturants etc mean while i forgot about my future. Now i am really regreting and feeling bad that i put my future behind. I am an IT graduate and now i wants to gather my pieces and start my life again . What should i do now am i too old to start studies again ? if i start study is there any help man can get to meet daily life expensis like house rent bills and food ? yes i do have some savings but not enough to support two years student life ? any suggerions to handle this kind of situation ? i will be thankful for some good true words.
Go to the top of the page
+
Man
post 3.Jun.2017, 09:05 AM
Post #2

I would suggest that you work part time while studing
+
mjennin2
post 3.Jun.2017, 09:37 AM
Post #3

You can apply for CSN to help cover your expenses while you study.

As for age, I had to laugh wink.gif Unless you plan to retire in, say, 2 years... you are NEVER too old to go back to school!

I have 1 child and will be 34 in October (plan to have a second child sometime in the near future too). Once I get my Swedish to university-level, I am going straight to university to become a barnmorksa. My original degree is in finance, so it's a huge shift - not to mention mannny years of study and practice. I plan to work until I'm a normal retirement age. 20+ years of working life left is far too much to consider my educational and career dreams "behind me"!

Who knows... maybe after 10 years I will choose to study something new and try another profession. I won't be done with this life until I've tried out everything that intrigues me smile.gif
+
hatim
post 3.Jun.2017, 09:48 AM
Post #4

I would suggest that you invest in learning Swedish to a very high standard. That can open up many opportunities for you.

As for IT jobs I think education is overrated, what matters is real world experience. What would help you is some sort of trainee program.
+
hesper83
post 4.Jun.2017, 03:37 AM
Post #5

I am really thankful for the motivational replies thanks alot dears
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Jul.2017, 06:10 PM
Post #6

You have a lot of life problems solved already and want to go further, I would suggest you take the time and think of a job/career that you REALLY would like to do...

To be simplistic I could give an example of people that always wanted to be a fireman when they were young and didn't do it...

Now you have a chance to do what you always wanted and never got to do, people that LOVE what they do at work do not look upon it as work...

Follow the old adage..."Work is what you are doing when you'd rather be do something else"

Find your "something else" and go for it!!!

You have time on your side...

Good luck...
+
Bsmith
post 3.Jul.2017, 10:12 PM
Post #7

First off, congratulations on obtaining your Swedish citizenship. If you desire a career in IT, make sure your qualifications are up to standard and start applying to these jobs. Also, the suggestion to improve your Swedish (as well as English) is a good one. You may very well be the best person for the job, but if you can't communicate that to your respective employer, then you have 2 strikes against you.

Good luck.
+
gameharvestmoon
post 18.Sep.2017, 05:44 AM
Post #8

i Agree with "Man" u should try part time while studying laugh.gif
+
zulash
post 5.Nov.2017, 02:13 PM
Post #9

this is really a good idea
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: